Well, we're stuck with this

Guest Phillygrump

It's easier if you read it in a funny Russian accent out loud.

I think he's running his post through a translator to English...'wins to collect' should certainly be 'goals to achieve'. Either that, or a Russian to English print dictionary maybe?

Woooof.... I wish I could have a clue what you were trying to say.

i speak jive, let me try to translate for you... he's saying that snider has 2 goals every year. one is to win the stanley, but the other just important one is to make money. my head hurts, why you hef to be med?

i speak jive, let me try to translate for you... he's saying that snider has 2 goals every year. one is to win the stanley, but the other just important one is to make money. my head hurts, why you hef to be med?

But wait. That's in conflict with Canoli's interpretation. And I already started celebrating, thinking I got an answer. Damn........

Can you and Canoli maybe... ummm.... talk on the side and come to the consensus *first* before you start posting conflicting translation? :unsure:

Edited by Mad Dog

But wait. That's in conflict with Canoli's interpretation. And I already started celebrating, thinking I got an answer. Damn........

Can you and Canoli maybe... ummm.... talk on the side and come to the consensus *first* before you start posting conflicting translation? :unsure:

i have to admit, i skipped to the bottom to translate once i read philfly's ... so i didn't see that canoli bravely tried to translate first. i think the problem is that we're getting things lost in translation because of the dialect of jive. we're not entirely sure which it is. upper jive or lower jive.

i stand by my translation though. money back guarantee.

well I was going for the standard ESL>English translation but if we're talking Jive... I've made a point all my life to let that sh-- go in one ear and out the other as quickly as possible, so I'm not much help there.

Actually though I don't think we're in conflict - 1. Winning the Cup 2. Making money - that's what phlfly's comment was about I guess - I just added the detail of Stinking Bryzgalov being the one who's Funking things up for us.