Each NHL franchise's top floater the last since the turn of the century.

pilldoc

19 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Is it possible someone to get it for 3 teams I will require some deep thought on that one.

If JVR gets traded. 

I can't believe there isn't more love for Haysee from Ranger and Jet fans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's a tough one. Can we select several players? 

In the 1990s and 2000s under Bob Gainey/Hitchcock who were running a defensive prone system, everybody were pretty much hard workers, no one that I can see right now were true lazy numbuts. Maybe Ledyard who was some sort of bust.

Otherwise, Nichushkin comes first. Former first round pick, great physical player, lots of potential that never became apparent. Then we went to Russia, came back for a second stint in Dallas, recording a fantastic 0 goals in 57 games before requesting a trade. Never knew was was the matter because he's now doing well with Colorado.

Now, Been has the spot. A $9.5M power forward that has absolutely ni impact in the game, hard to beat. But Suter is a strong challenger. 

14 minutes ago, Otter said:

In Winnipeg next to the word lazy is a photo of Dustin Byfuglien. 

Really now?

I never put 'lazy' and 'Byfuglien' in the same sentence.
I always felt he was a hard working, very physical guy when healthy.

If health issues caused him to play less than what he could, that is different, and he shouldn't be out there.
Then again, he stepped away from the game under circumstances that only he knows all the details of.

If it was a matter of him losing any "love for the game", then good on him for stepping away rather than continue to be on the team, collect a paycheck, block a roster spot, and be driftwood.

I gotta say, I disagree with Byfuglien being a franchise floater.

3 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Really now?

If health issues caused him to play less than what he could, that is different, and he shouldn't be out there.
Then again, he stepped away from the game under circumstances that only he knows all the details of.

If it was a matter of him losing any "love for the game", then good on him for stepping away rather than continue to be on the team, collect a paycheck, block a roster spot, and be driftwood.

Maybe it was more that he seemed not to care about his physical health and what it took to be a hockey player. 

There is no denying he was a physical type player, but he did not take care of himself which left him out quite frequently. Then mysteriously leaving the game which could have also been because he just didn't want to deal with the physical standards of the game. 

• Good Post 1

• 9 months later...
On 5/22/2022 at 11:35 AM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Really now?

I only caught this today, somehow.

Big Buff might be one of the funniest guys to ever play hockey, and had a monstrous "Meh" streak towards the game in some ways. He quit playing hockey when he was 14 and 15, because he just didn't feel like playing: it took too much time away from being able to go and hunt.

Didn't hamper his development at all. By 17, he was playing for the Wheat Kings. He had no idea that Chicago had drafted him; he didn't watch or follow the draft. When the Hawks called and told him that they picked him, how they wanted to see him at rookie camp, and said somebody from the team would be calling him back with details. So, he unplugged all of the phones in the house so that the Hawks couldn't reach him. Why? Didn't feel like going to camp.

His teammates asked who his favourite players are? Didn't have an answer. "What about Joe Sakic?" Who? "What about Jeremy Roenick?" Never heard of him. "I don't watch hockey". So, of course, it was him that walked away from $15.2M he had coming at the end of his last contract. He just didn't want to play anymore.

lol... He pulled some pretty funny stuff out there. One time, I saw the ref put his hand in the air for a delayed penalty, and Byfuglien skated over and gave him a high five.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/21/2022 at 10:47 AM, pilldoc said:

LOL .... I just started a similar thread ...will merge the two together ....

Does anyone remember the 2010 playoff series against Boston when JVR actually looked like a future all star, he was driving the net with power and authority and he scored some clutch goals. I still remember the crowd chanting JVR,JVR.  It looked like he was gonna be a real power winger. Then the next year his true inner soy boy came to the surface and he played a lazy floating style ever since.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Does anyone remember the 2010 playoff series against Boston when JVR actually looked like a future all star, he was driving the net with power and authority and he scored some clutch goals. I still remember the crowd chanting JVR,JVR.  It looked like he was gonna be a real power winger. Then the next year his true inner soy boy came to the surface and he played a lazy floating style ever since.

I can remember it like it was yesterday...though I think it was the 2011 playoffs. I say that because I remember bringing this up and someone correcting me.

But you're right, he looked like a total beast. It was a wonderful week followed by 12 years of being a lazy slug.

42 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I can remember it like it was yesterday...though I think it was the 2011 playoffs. I say that because I remember bringing this up and someone correcting me.

But you're right, he looked like a total beast. It was a wonderful week followed by 12 years of being a lazy slug.

It’s a shame that he was the Private Pyle of the Flyers.  It was soon after the coach found jelly donuts in his locker and it was all down hill from there. It just wasn’t in JVR s makeup to be that aggressive, it’s all about mental fortitude and assertiveness, he was just a mellow nice guy and he kinda played that way. He’s a big guy that played small. Richards was a small guy who played big. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

If it was the playoffs vs Boston it was the 2010 playoffs.

3 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Yeah it was the 2010 playoffs.

In the following year he scored more goals but was mostly invisible and completely disappeared towards the end of being swept by the Broons.

In 2010 it looked like he and Giroux were going to dominate for a long time.

Boy was I wrong...

• 2 weeks later...

Heatley and Setoguchi come to mind for the sharks.

Bad enough that we saw the writing on the wall before their numbers took a huge dive and traded them for Brent burns and Martin Havlat, who was injured too much to be called lazy LOL