Voracek

Guest activestick

It's like having Zherdev, the sequel. Thank Christ Couturier fell to us at #8.

yes it is remeber he was the #1 prospect before last season but came down with mono and missed a lot of time. lucky us thank you jeff carter

The biggest issue I've noticed with Voracek so far is that he doesn't seem to have chemistry with *anyone*. He's been ineffective no matter who his linemates are. The story I was told on him is that he is a great passer... I have yet to really see that. Hell, Couturier has made some nicer passes so far that have led to goals.

We might have ourselves another Carter on our hand... but like others have said, Couturier is the bonus.

Exactly Bre. Quite honestly, no line outside the top one has any chemistry. They are the only threat to score. Laviolette needs to figure something out.

I think Lavy needs to stop tinkering. He's like a mad scientist..always trying to create something. I get the lower lines are struggling, and some of it is injury related. But find a core on each line and let them develop over a few games. If someone needs moved up/down based on injuries, etc...so be it. But to have different line combo's every game has to be frustrating as hell to some guys.

I think comparing him to zherdev is a little harsh, i've seen the guy back check, he's got some things that can't be taught, sick hand eye coordination and ++ speed. he can be "coached " to not overhandle the puck. Just like with Schenn, i'd like to see the guy for half a year before i come to any conclusions. i think he'll be good. the guy i'm starting to become less enamored with is Matt Carle, the pass that lead to the equalizer against NJ was too cute, sure it* might* spring a breakaway but why not make the safe play under 5 minutes ?

Exactly Bre. Quite honestly, no line outside the top one has any chemistry. They are the only threat to score. Laviolette needs to figure something out.

We have like 10 or 11 guys for the top 9, and they're still figuring out who goes where.

Clearly, the top line is set until further notice:

Jagr/Giroux/Hartnell

What I find curious is that Laviolette insists on substituting Simmonds for Hartnell on the first PP unit. I know Simmonds/G/Jagr had chemistry early on, but Hartnell has 10 points in the last 5 games, and Simmonds is ice cold. Hartnell should be the one on the top PP unit.

The second and third lines are a bit of a jumble.

JVR/Briere/Voracek

Simmonds/Couturier/Read

Plus, Schenn will be fighting for a spot in the top 9. Personally, from what I've seen so far of Schenn, he hasn't earned top 9 status. But, his name will make it so. He has been just ok. He's had his chances, but if it's between Couts, Read, and Schenn, I say the first two names have earned it.

Drop Schenn to the 4th, and let him earn his stripes:

Nodl/Schenn/Talbot

And substitute Nodl with the other scrubs when necessary... I know that looks like a 'weak sauce' 4th line, but I don't see Laviolette scratching any of those three very often in favour of Shelley, Rinaldo, or Z.

Oh, and give Bobrovsky more starts now until he falters or Bryz steals it back. I have felt more confident with Bob thus far.