*** 2021-22 Western Conference Finals: Edmonton Oilers (P2) at Colorado Avalanche (C1) - (COL WINS 4-0) ***

EDM vs COL  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who Comes Out Best in the West?

• Oilers in 4. Edmonton is still fueled by their win over the tough Flames, that they run through the "mighty" Avs to the tune of a rippling sweep!
    • Oilers in 5. Both teams show lots of flash n skill, but WHY does it seem the Avalanche are about two steps behind the Oilers???
    • Oilers in 6. Series lives up to the hype...except it is Edmonton's hype that sees them through to the Cup Finals.
    • Oilers in 7. Game set is always in doubt..till the very end when EDM shows they will not be denied their chance at Lord Stanley's Cup.
    • Avalanche in 4. Oilers 'feel good' moments are short lived as Colorado shows them some harsh reality in the form of brooms.
    • Avalanche in 5. Lots of speed, maybe even lots of scoring, but Colorado just can't be contained and still win this pretty handily.
    • Avalanche in 6. Oilers are game. Very game, but top to bottom, the Avs prove why they were seeded #1 in the West starting post season play.
    • Avalanche in 7. Great series that many will say "Oilers have nothing to be ashamed of"...except the Oilers themselves EXPECTED to win...while they fall just short.

This poll is closed to new votes

17 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Colorado pulls within one.... Edmonton pulls away to restore the two goal cushion.
Oilers really are playing with desperation now.

Not quite ready to go home yet...

Then again...the Avs may have Edmonton's tee time already set up for them!

Nate MacK ties things at 4 with six and a half to go in the game.

Was just thinking why Edmonton's defensemen are so invisible...then Darnell Nurse makes a good hit, makes the Avs player cough up the puck...the Oilers march up ice and produce a goal!

Tied at 5 with 3 minutes to play!

These Oilers are many things, and there many things they aren't...and one of things they AREN'T, is boring! 

18 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Was just thinking why Edmonton's defensemen are so invisible...then Darnell Nurse makes a good hit, makes the Avs player cough up the puck...the Oilers march up ice and produce a goal!

Tied at 5 with 3 minutes to play!

These Oilers are many things, and there many things they aren't...and one of things they AREN'T, is boring! 

That's exactly why I want to see more games this series. Wow, What a 3rd period.
C'mon Oil, At least make the Av's win it on home ice.

Crazy to think that the Montreal Canadiens are the ONLY Canada based team in the last 11 years to get a shot at the Stanley Cup in the Finals.
The same Canadiens group that wallowed at the bottom of the standings, and is in rebuild mode.

Last team before that was Vancouver in 2011.

The Leaves® were supposed to "turn that around", but they've been too busy setting opening playoff round exits records :ph34r: 

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to *** 2021-22 Western Conference Finals: Edmonton Oilers (P2) at Colorado Avalanche (C1) - (COL WINS 4-0) ***
48 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

There they are...your Clarence Campbell Champions, the Colorado Avalanche.

Well…yes and no.  They may have touched the trophy, but refused to pick the dadgum thing up.  That does NOT help their chances at winning Lord Stanley’s Cup.

The League, the broadcasters, everyone must STOP calling these contests “conference FINALS” if they aren’t going to embrace the hardware prize associated.  Just call them the “NHL Semi-finals” if this is how the overly-superstitious players are going to act.

Didn’t everybody learn their dadgum lessons in 2018 when the Capitals embraced the Prince of Wales trophy after defeating the Tampa Bay Lightning?  Didn’t viewers in USA hear commentator Mike Milbury yell out “Attaboy!” When Ovie picked it up!  Now that is how Conference Champions act! (And they go on to win the Stanley Cup, too!)

A4C6FEC4-9C9B-4FF4-9E08-DBD9B7F0E542.jpeg

Edited by SaucyJack
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

Perhaps this series could have been different if Smith could stop some pucks....god he sucks.

Yet he stuck it to the Flames. I really thought the only team that stood a chance at even slowing Colorado was Calgary. Smith is my least favorite hockey player glad he got shelled just woulds been better if one series ago

Mike Smith is one of those goalies where, if you were told that his SV% was good, you'd hardly be able to believe it. He's only great or terrible, and you never know what you're going to get; not from one one minute to the next, never mind what you can rely on game-to-game.

Edited by JR Ewing
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Brewin Flames said:

Meh, i'd not say he stuck it to the flames, he still suck, but Markstrom picked a bad time to suck worse.

Vladar ans Kos time in net not withstanding, they both had horrid numbers.

Yeah. Markstrom stuck it to Calgary more than Mike Smith, who gave up the worst GA I've ever seen in a playoff game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NHL HHOF said:

Avalanche's Kadri has thumb surgery following hit from Oilers' Kane

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/avalanches-kadri-has-thumb-surgery-following-hit-from-oilers-kane

Hard to figure out how his thumb got injured from that hit especially since his stick was long gone before the hit. Maybe the stick being flung from his glove at the hit caused it? 🤔

The Colorado Avalanche whoever they come up against in the Stanley Cup Finals, will easily become the toughest test in this playoffs for them. The 1st round they destroyed the Preds and some of that was the loss of the starting goalie Saros. Even still, I don't think Nashville stood much of a chance. The 2nd round and the toughest challenge to date for the Avs has been the St. Louis Blues. I think some of the experience they had helped them with a little of their success, but they still in the end did not have nearly the talent the Avs have. Then the Conference Finals against the Oilers was another mistmatch. Other than the Oilers having the speed up front they really didn't match up well on the back end and the Oilers goaltending is astrocious. 

Now either Tampa Bay or the New York Rangers await the Avs and both have things that could frustrate the Avs. Tampa Bay of course has a goaltender who can easily take over any game. The New York Rangers are a much younger team and their speed could pose a problem for the Avs. Whoever reaches the Stanley Cup Finals in the Eastern Conference will give the Avs some headaches so I am hoping for a game 7 in this series.  I really don't care who wins the series, but going 7 games is what is more important to me. 

21 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

Hard to figure out how his thumb got injured from that hit especially since his stick was long gone before the hit. Maybe the stick being flung from his glove at the hit caused it? 🤔

I would imagine hitching rides just got a lot more challenging for him. :ph34r: 

On 6/5/2022 at 7:53 AM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Yes, he definitely had that too.
Between that and the heavy physical price he's been paying, it's a wonder he can even lace up and get out onto the ice!

Oilers coach Jay Woodcroft was interviewed on the radio yesterday, and confirmed that Draisaitl has a high ankle sprain, in addition to other issues.

“What this guy had to do just to get prepared to play a game and then to perform at the level he did – its the stuff of legends – that’s how hard it was just to get him ready to play those games."