*** 2021-22 Western Conference Finals: Edmonton Oilers (P2) at Colorado Avalanche (C1) - (COL WINS 4-0) ***

EDM vs COL  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who Comes Out Best in the West?

• Oilers in 4. Edmonton is still fueled by their win over the tough Flames, that they run through the "mighty" Avs to the tune of a rippling sweep!
    • Oilers in 5. Both teams show lots of flash n skill, but WHY does it seem the Avalanche are about two steps behind the Oilers???
    • Oilers in 6. Series lives up to the hype...except it is Edmonton's hype that sees them through to the Cup Finals.
    • Oilers in 7. Game set is always in doubt..till the very end when EDM shows they will not be denied their chance at Lord Stanley's Cup.
    • Avalanche in 4. Oilers 'feel good' moments are short lived as Colorado shows them some harsh reality in the form of brooms.
    • Avalanche in 5. Lots of speed, maybe even lots of scoring, but Colorado just can't be contained and still win this pretty handily.
    • Avalanche in 6. Oilers are game. Very game, but top to bottom, the Avs prove why they were seeded #1 in the West starting post season play.
    • Avalanche in 7. Great series that many will say "Oilers have nothing to be ashamed of"...except the Oilers themselves EXPECTED to win...while they fall just short.

This poll is closed to new votes

12 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Oilers coach Jay Woodcroft was interviewed on the radio yesterday, and confirmed that Draisaitl has a high ankle sprain, in addition to other issues.

“What this guy had to do just to get prepared to play a game and then to perform at the level he did – its the stuff of legends – that’s how hard it was just to get him ready to play those games."

Do not get me wrong, these players are tough. Toughest athletes in any sport in my opinion, but when I see something like I saw with Draisaitl I just have to think how much painkillers the medical staff is shooting him up with to get him to be able to play at that level? In the long run I don't know if that is good or not and I know many of these players are all for it. 

1 hour ago, Captain Lando said:

Do not get me wrong, these players are tough. Toughest athletes in any sport in my opinion, but when I see something like I saw with Draisaitl I just have to think how much painkillers the medical staff is shooting him up with to get him to be able to play at that level? In the long run I don't know if that is good or not and I know many of these players are all for it. 

You're quite right:

20 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

You're quite right:

That video really tells it like it is and hits hard. It is a damn shame because you hear these players stories after they have left the game and now they are living with life long illnesses because of this crap. 

11 minutes ago, Captain Lando said:

That video really tells it like it is and hits hard. It is a damn shame because you hear these players stories after they have left the game and now they are living with life long illnesses because of this crap. 

Yes, it's a problem. To follow it up with what can happen when things go really badly:

1 hour ago, JR Ewing said:

Yes, it's a problem. To follow it up with what can happen when things go really badly:

Totally shines a horrible light on the NHL and yes they need to do a lot more with this. Players lives and the families of these players lives are being destroyed. These children of these players is what is really sad. 

4 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

Oilers coach Jay Woodcroft was interviewed on the radio yesterday, and confirmed that Draisaitl has a high ankle sprain, in addition to other issues.

“What this guy had to do just to get prepared to play a game and then to perform at the level he did – its the stuff of legends – that’s how hard it was just to get him ready to play those games."

The things that often come out after a season is over....