If Bryzo plays like that...

Guest Bakanekimiwa

Every game... I'm not complaining. The first goal was a bit debatable... As far as if it was deflected. But, he played way more aggressive and made some big saves.

It's really too bad that that has not been the norm. Bummer of a game to lose... Just felt like niemi got luckier than we did, but maybe we just made him look lucky.

Agreed. 2 recent good efforts by Bryz wasted by an offense that can't score one freaking goal. Why can't Bryz have his dud games when the forwards put up 6 and his good games when the offense scores at least 1!

Yeah... Go figure. It was a frustrating night from an offensive standpoint. Open nets missed... I kinda felt that we beat ourselves and niemi was pretty lucky to get a SO.

@Bakanekimiwa

Ya, and if Coburn can play like Larry Robinson every game, and Schenn and Couturier can get a hat trick every game and Briere look like a Selke candidate....

Bryz has played in 44 games this year. 35 of them he's looked like a bad beer league goalie. 5 of them he's looked like an average NHL goalie. 4 of them he's looked like he might be worth half of what he's getting paid. Of all the bad goalies Philly has gone through over the last 30 years, this clown has me holding my breath quicker than any when the opposition crosses the blue line. He had a .957 save percentage last night. That's good. The game before he had an .810 save percentage. That's bad. Game before that, .933, good. Before that, .846, bad. Before that .769 horrible. The odds of him playing good every game are non-existent.

That's good. The game before he had an .810 save percentage. That's bad. Game before that, .933, good. Before that, .846, bad. Before that .769 horrible.

Pay attention, wouldya? We are just looking for average. That's all we need. If you take all those numbers and calculate the average....it is: .843.

Ummm, ok, never mind. Just put me on Ignore already.

LOL. I thought you might've been onto something....until you run the numbers.

We're all rejoicing, dancing in the street, etc. that Bryzgalov actually played like an NHL goalie last night.

As far as "turning the corner, hoping for "consistency" or anything along those lines ... he's got a long (long) way to go.

Every game... I'm not complaining. The first goal was a bit debatable... As far as if it was deflected. But, he played way more aggressive and made some big saves.

It's really too bad that that has not been the norm. Bummer of a game to lose... Just felt like niemi got luckier than we did, but maybe we just made him look lucky.

Excellent point about his play being aggressive. In general, I think he's played more aggressive on this west trip than he has all season. Perhaps it is a response to his poor overall play, the intense media pressure or just maybe he felt great getting out back west and playing against some teams and in buildings he is familiar with.

Either way I hope he keeps it up when they get back home. All he needs are a few hot games like last night, at home, and a lot of the pressure he's been dealing with will go away. Then the fans and media can find another player to hate on, alienate, boo or otherwise use a scapegoat for not being as good as the Rangers are(I kid, I kid...).

LOL. I thought you might've been onto something....until you run the numbers.

We're all rejoicing, dancing in the street, etc. that Bryzgalov actually played like an NHL goalie last night.

As far as "turning the corner, hoping for "consistency" or anything along those lines ... he's got a long (long) way to go.

Yep, he left only one soft goal and let's all praise him ;)

Edited by krasy

I really didn't fault Bryzgalov *too* much on that goal. Thornton made a great move carrying into the zone, took out Coburn, Kimmo was left in no-man's-land so it was Clowe from the hash-marks, unimpeded. If the shot has eyes for the target like Clowe's did most goalies will come up empty on point-blank shots like those.

Maybe if Bryzgalov had challenged Clowe more, come out higher, made himself bigger he might've put some hesitation into Clowe's wind-up. But whatever, I'll give Bryzgalov a pass on that one.

Sucks it happened to be the first shot of the game...again...sucks that our offense couldn't find a hole in the Fantabulous "Auntie Em" Niemi in the remaining 58:40 minutes. IMO we were sloppy and slow most of the game. Good shifts from Schenn and Couturier, Briere and Simmonds...but Jagr and Giroux especially should probably play the simple dump-in more often instead of going for drops and 120-foot stretch passes thru the N zone.

We wasted so many shifts last night hustling back from unforced turnovers...doing that all game long really takes your legs out from under you. When you finally do get a good 4check going you're spent, more than you should be. That's why imho Niemi had it pretty easy last night - most of the shots were into his pads and we didn't scrap hard enough down low to generate many 2nd chances.

Edited by canoli

ah yes the powerless power-play, forgot all about that. Maybe Lavy is taking his time working Kubina into a spot on one of the units I don't know. I'd like to see him back there blasting away. He didn't get much PP time in TB I don't think so maybe Lavy is slow to work him in. But that was one of the reasons I thought we got him...RH shot from the point on the PP.

Agreed. 2 recent good efforts by Bryz wasted by an offense that can't score one freaking goal. Why can't Bryz have his dud games when the forwards put up 6 and his good games when the offense scores at least 1!

Simple. The Flyers don't score when they're trying to cover for every possible mistake the goalie can make. They have to handle Bryz like eggs. Don't make the poor baby face even an average shot, he might not handle it.

When you give the first goal at 1:22 into the game it give you that Oh-Oh feeling for the 34th time!

Another soft goal, but he is improving somehow. It was only one this time.

---

I'm not really trying to pile on Bryz, but I've seriously had it. If it came down to it, I really think I would personally drive him to any other NHL city if he never dawns the O&B again. Philly is tough, but it ain't Montreal.

I knew we where screwed when before the game they talked about Neim's struggles in net on the road trip they just went on.

And i thought to myself well the way our forwards shoot the puck into the goaltenders chest at such a high rate, they'll build his confidence quick...

....sure enough verse us he looks like he will bring home the vezina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew we where screwed when before the game they talked about Neim's struggles in net on the road trip they just went on.

And i thought to myself well the way our forwards shoot the puck into the goaltenders chest at such a high rate, they'll build his confidence quick...

....sure enough verse us he looks like he will bring home the vezina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was a cruel result. bryz finally has a pretty impressive game, overall, and the forwards come up empty. typical.