Should the detroit Redwings give larkin an contract extension

Shoudl the detroit redwings give larkin a contract extension and if so how much i say yes if it for the right amount. I believe redwings will get a deal done if it the price is right i first off want want to say he had 70 points this year so he will want money.If he want more the 7.5 it would not be worth it as LEON DRAISAITL just make 8.5 and had a 110 point season and LEON DRAISAITL had been very consistent he had won awards for best player and he has lead the league in scoring. So i have a question is larkin worth the same amount or more money as LEON DRAISAITL and if so is it possible for larkin to reach a 100 points in a season or is he a 70 point guy if were paying him to be a 100 point guy and gives us 70 im asking who could we have given that money to instead I believe he will get a deal inked if he ask for a reasonable amount because i know steve will have no problem trading him or letting him walk.

Keep in mind, the Draisaitl contract is now extreme value deal, but wasn't seen that way when it was signed, when he scored 70 points. He'd fetch much more than that now.

• Like 4

Just do it.

Right now, he is the veteran presence that models work ethic that the young guys need to emulate. And these young guys need to see that the reward for consistent hard work DOES come in this organization.

In the past, we have rewarded players for their legacy. Stevie is no longer doing that. But Larkin isn't done doing really good things yet. His most important attribute is that he makes the other players around him better. That's valuable, and you reward that.

Pay the man.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

Absolutely he should get a long term deal, tie him up, he is a bit up and down for my taste but he is the straw that stirs the drink. Just do it.

10 minutes ago, SpikeDDS said:

Just do it.

Right now, he is the veteran presence that models work ethic that the young guys need to emulate. And these young guys need to see that the reward for consistent hard work DOES come in this organization.

In the past, we have rewarded players for their legacy. Stevie is no longer doing that. But Larkin isn't done doing really good things yet. His most important attribute is that he makes the other players around him better. That's valuable, and you reward that.

Pay the man.

"It's no secret; it's not complicated - get good players" -Al Arbour, when asked about the secret to winning in the NHL. I would add "keep good players" to that. Year after year, I watched one good Oiler after another reach Larkin's age and then be dealt for pocket change or left unsigned entirely, and saw how it hampered the team each time.

Dylan Larkin is a good player; a very good one. He has skill, works like a beaver and is the Red Wings leader. Personally, I think it would be a disaster to let him go.

• Like 3