6th place and falling fast

Guest trevluk

This aint good. Our defensive additions have done nothing. Lost 6 of the last 7. Goaltending maybe a little better but nothing to show for it. The ship is taking on water and most likely will gurgle its last breath in the first round of the playoffs if they are lucky enough to get that far. Looking for positives but coming up empty. Where is that guy who said the Flyers could go 22-5 to end the season? I rightfully laughed at him then but need his optimism now.

Will the Mighty Bruins miss the playoffs?

Everyone picked them to repeat but in the month of Feb have lost 8 and won 5 compared to the Flyers who have exactly the same record.

So right now , nobody is picking the Flyers OR the Bruins to win Cup. Good news indeed.

So right now , nobody is picking the Flyers OR the Bruins to win Cup. Good news indeed.

Vancouver lost two in a row and traded their Calder Candidate!!! So you have given up on the Bruins as well?? Detroit have lost two in a row as well. Maybe time to trash them too.

Vancouver lost two in a row and traded their Calder Candidate!!! So you have given up on the Bruins as well?? Detroit have lost two in a row as well. Maybe time to trash them too.

Oh please. There is a huge difference between how the Redwings and Canucks have been playing and how the Flyers have been playing. And yes, if I were a Bruins fan I would have concerns about them too. The difference is they have a Stanley Cup champion goaltender in net that can win them a series by himself. The Flyers do not. I will say this, If the Flyers can position themselves in 6th place for the playoffs they should have a favorable first round matchup against the winner of the SouthLeast division.

Edited by trevluk

This aint good. Our defensive additions have done nothing. Lost 6 of the last 7. Goaltending maybe a little better but nothing to show for it. The ship is taking on water and most likely will gurgle its last breath in the first round of the playoffs if they are lucky enough to get that far. Looking for positives but coming up empty. Where is that guy who said the Flyers could go 22-5 to end the season? I rightfully laughed at him then but need his optimism now.

Methinks you may have set your expectations too high and are ripe for a disappointment. If we even make the first round, I will consider this a successful season. I have no expectations beyond this.

Losing pronger... Having what 8 rookies in prominent roles... A new goalie that sucks. These would be amazing hurdles for any team to overcome.

Methinks you may have set your expectations too high and are ripe for a disappointment. If we even make the first round, I will consider this a successful season. I have no expectations beyond this.

Losing pronger... Having what 8 rookies in prominent roles... A new goalie that sucks. These would be amazing hurdles for any team to overcome.

I am a Flyers fan so I am always ripe for disappointment! I don't think my expectations are too high and I would be pleased if they go any further than the first round, but not making the playoffs would be an under achievement for this team that was battling for 1st place in the east at the Winter Classic. Fortunately the 8th/9th place teams have been struggling recently also so there is a decent chance the Flyers still make the playoffs.

This was an OK road trip. I would not indict the new defenders after a few games. And frankly, it looks like Grossman is having fun booming away from the point.

My biggest concern after last night's game--why the hell haven't we won in that venue since 1999? What does that say about our play against Western clubs? If we want to win a Cup...we need to look at our performance against the West...and I suspect it is not so hot.

Howie

@treveluk

Aren't we supposed to be a better road team ? ..and we're not so hot at home either.

People can play the 'anything can happen' card going into the playoffs, but if this team MISSES the playoffs I would hope Lavi is gone. I like the guy as a motivator but he sucks at X's and O's and will be outcoached by guys like Torts ,Hitchcock, or any other coach with a sharpie and a dry erase board for that matter.

First off I agree with Howie on allowing the two new "D" a little slack,they both have a pretty good idea of what is expected of them. This team still lacks snarl as a group,they need to come out swinging and get a quick goal.Flyers in the other teams crease area is still in development???? Maybe as an experiment the Flyer's coaches should go to the press box and let the Zamboni driver mind the bench against the Islanders. Couldn't be much worse,could it????

This was an OK road trip. I would not indict the new defenders after a few games. And frankly, it looks like Grossman is having fun booming away from the point.

My biggest concern after last night's game--why the hell haven't we won in that venue since 1999? What does that say about our play against Western clubs? If we want to win a Cup...we need to look at our performance against the West...and I suspect it is not so hot.

Howie

Actually this year against teams from the Western conference the Flyers record is 10-5-2.

I got ripped apart for saying Kubina and Woodward suck but it's true..these guys our too slow..

we needed to upgrade our goaltending and failed...another first round exit if we still make the playoffs..

@Podein25 - I met Bob Woodward once when I was living in DC. I was in the park with my dog, and Woodward and his wife (both very nice btw) stopped to ask me about him. He was running around off-leash. I called him and of course he ignored me and Woodward said, "I see you have complete control". What a funny guy.

LOL, that's a funny story. Don't they just shoot dog owners who leave their dogs off-leash in the States?

I think out West, where they raise sheep, yes. We're more civilized back East. In the same park once, my dog and one of his friends stole this woman's jacket and played tug of war with it, then dropped it in a nearby stream. While we are running frantically around trying recover the jacket (which had the woman's cell phone in it) who is standing there watching but Bill and Hilary. Good times for sure.

lol.

"and falling fast"

you people are like a bad snl sketch. Dramatic Guy. "omg, I got a paper cut, I'M GONNA LOSE THE ARM!!1!!111

Perhaps a bit dramatic but 2 months ago this team was 2 pts out of first place. They are now 1 pt out of 7th place. Not sure how else to describe that fall.