Will the Officials say Briere or?

Guest The Quigster

Why stop in front of the boards? Players need to remember how to play hockey - both the guy delivering the hit and the guy standing around like a moron.

Though, with how the NHL treats these hits normally, that was a crap no penalty, no fine, and no suspension.

Why stop in front of the boards? Players need to remember how to play hockey - both the guy delivering the hit and the guy standing around like a moron.

Though, with how the NHL treats these hits normally, that was a crap no penalty, no fine, and no suspension.

exactly. he hit the boards awkwardly, and that may have elicited a signal, but briere stopped waaaay short of the boards and te defender isnt a bad reputation guy. it was a good non call. flip the uniforms and we'd feel the same way.

The question would be whether someone believes the defender shoved or gave a little extra effort to assist Briere into the boards. I feel like I've seen a nearly identical hit in the last year where the heated argument centered around 'shove' versus 'bracing for impact'. Likely the Flyer was hitting instead and got 15 PIM, a lighter wallet, and a suspension. Shrug.

I would like to see the players wear little padding and no helmets... Maybe then we would see not only more respect, but also sportsmanship.

No helmets, little padding? Seriously?

Chara has a slap shot over 100mph, would you want to stand in front of him to block the shot with no protection?

exactly. he hit the boards awkwardly, and that may have elicited a signal, but briere stopped waaaay short of the boards and te defender isnt a bad reputation guy. it was a good non call. flip the uniforms and we'd feel the same way.

I disagree. With all of the responsibility being put on the CHECKER recently, why should it change when it happens to be a Flyer on the receiving end?

mmm hmmm, protect yourself at all times!

and c'mon NHL, where's the consistency?