Thank goodness Flyers didn't get Nash

Guest sekkes85

The Jackets shot down a rather large offer from the Rangers

"He is believed to have offered the Blue Jackets a five-asset package including Brandon Dubinsky, 21-year-old top defense prospect Tim Erixon, highly regarded 2011 first-round draft choice J.T. Miller and 2010 second-round pick Christian Thomas, along with a 2012 first-round selection in order to make it happen as yesterday's 3 p.m. trade deadline approached.

There is a difference though between lusting and sinning, the latter the impulse Sather ultimately resisted by rejecting Howson's laughable demand the package include Dubinsky — plus either Ryan McDonagh or Michael Del Zotto — plus either Derek Stepan or Carl Hagelin — plus 2009 first-rounder Chris Kreider, the Boston College winger who conceivably could join the Rangers when his college season ends — plus a 2012 first-round selection."

All I can say is WOW! I wish the Jackets accepted that deal.

Not sure what the Jackets were thinking, they want to rebuild their team and missed a golden opportunity there. I can't even imagine what the asking price would be from the Flyers?

Everyone said Schenn OR Couts, I'm thinking Howson would ask for Schenn AND Couts plus JVR, and a 1st.

yeah, those are lots of highly regarded propects, but if i'm howson, i wouldnt make the trade without getting mcdonagh or del zotto back, either. especially considering they would be taking dubi's salary. im sure plenty of teams will be in on nash at the draft and the offers will be just as high, notably so if the cba is worked out beforehand (unlikely)

What's the incentive to move Nash nownownow for the CBJs?

He's under contract for the next six years. Suppose he acts like a baby and tanks the team so they're... one of the worst in the league?

Again, what's the "down side" on not moving Nash?

What's the incentive to move Nash nownownow for the CBJs?

He's under contract for the next six years. Suppose he acts like a baby and tanks the team so they're... one of the worst in the league?

Again, what's the "down side" on not moving Nash?

The downside is now Nash (regardless what he says to the media) is disgruntled. He's not going to play hard.

Jackets should have done the right thing and traded him. Shows what a crappy organization they are.

The downside is now Nash (regardless what he says to the media) is disgruntled. He's not going to play hard.

Jackets should have done the right thing and traded him. Shows what a crappy organization they are.

Exactly. And if he doesn't play hard what happens to Columbus? They're one of the worst teams in the league?

Again?

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

If I'm Columbus, you're blowing my doors off with an offer or Rick Nash can be a disgruntled crybaby and play on one of the worst teams in the league.

Again.

I might have decided to take the Rags' offer, but I can see where Columbus said "no."