Happy Birthday Simon Gagne

Guest PHI Flyers10

Today is Gagne's eighth birthday. He was one of my favorite players while I was growing up and I think he should have finished his career as a Flyer. What are some of your favorite Gagne moments?

One of mine was when I was in Philly sometime around 2001/2002 and Gagne scored a hat trick against the Rangers, even though they lost the game. My dad and I were listening to the game on the radio and that's when I found out who he was and started following him. I told him I wanted a Gagne jersey after that and for my 9th birthday I got an enormous box so I figured something awesome would be in it. So I opened it, only to find a slightly smaller box. This kept up for about 5 boxes until finally there was one small one left and upon opening it, I found a Simon Gagne jersey in there. It was my first authentic Flyers jersey so it was a huge deal for me.

My other favorite Gagne moment (and favorite Flyers game ever).

Oh man, Gagne. I can't really express how important Simon was to my Flyers fandom, so I won't even try. Happy Birthday Gagne, and get better soon!

Yeah, he should have been a 'lifer'. I am ashamed and depressed as a Flyers fan that Homer/Snider couldn't find a way. If anyone deserved it, it was Gagne.

I'd love if he resigned with us just so he could dress for one more game and then retire. I think he could have been a Hall of Famer or possibly had his number retired here if he didn't suffer so many severe injuries. He's only 32 and you figure without injuries and another 10 years with the Flyers, he could have done some amazing things.

I wish him all the best.

I am living in Bulgaria and it is real pain to purchase some NHL merchandise. But i got Gagne jersey. He is one of mine all-time favorite Flyers.

Here is another more recent great moment:

I wish him all the best.

I am living in Bulgaria and it is real pain to purchase some NHL merchandise. But i got Gagne jersey. He is one of mine all-time favorite Flyers.

Here is another more recent great moment:

That game was such a bright spot for the time I was going through. My gradma had just died and I was in Florida for her funeral and this game was on the next day while I was still down there. It only seemed fitting that Gagne was the one to score the goal.

Simone was around when Lindros was still playing he was the last link to that great era, I sure miss him as a Flyer, he was talented, he was the bright spot after the Lindros era was gone, and gave our team hope duriing that shift in time.

Gagne was part of that new era of young guys that were our future and was definitely a link to the last era of the Lindros team. I hope he gets to come back to us but I'm not sure he will with his current concussion.