*** 2021-22 Eastern Conference Finals: Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) at New York Rangers (M2) - (TBL WIN 4-2) ***

TBL vs NYR  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Lightning continue as Prince of Wales Champions? Or do the Rangers snatch that title en route to bigger things?

• Lightning in 4. Bolts show the Ranges how a two time champion handles business. In crushing fashion.
    • Lightning in 5. Rangers show a bit of attitude and drive, but the defending Champs are still way too much.
    • Lightning in 6. Rangers give it all, but the Lightning's talent, experience, and drive for success can't be overcome.
    • Lightning in 7. Blueshirts push the defending Cup champions to their limit, but fall short of greatness...just barely.
    • Rangers in 4. New Eastern standard. And they now reside in New York City
    • Rangers in 5. NY has learned their playoff lessons well and have an answer for just about everything the Bolts throw at them.
    • Rangers in 6. Great series that sees lots of championship caliber play from both sides, but it is now the Rangers' time.
    • Rangers in 7. The Bolts thought they had their path carved to the Finals, but NY shows they have the last say on who upstages who, and finally slay the electric dragon.

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

don't believe they were afraid to do so that last two years...

Whaddya know…I did not remember.  Good to see Stamkos lift it again.  OK, Colorado’s failure to lift their trophy has me thinking to place a small wager on underdog TB in the Finals. 😁 

I'll say this...even if they don't beat the Avs, the Lightning are probably the best team since the 90s Red Wings, and maybe just maybe...the 80's Oilers or Islanders....the last team to win four straight Stanley Cups.

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Question is...Will Corey Perry FINALLY find himself on the right side of it? 😄

and 15 years between two cups, I'm wondering if it's some sort of record.

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to *** 2021-22 Eastern Conference Finals: Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) at New York Rangers (M2) - (TBL WIN 4-2) ***
On 5/31/2022 at 12:25 PM, mojo1917 said:

I know the Rangers swept the season series. 

I still don't believe in them.

I can't help but think were it not for the Jacob Trouba elbow, We'd be talking about the wild game 7 between the Pens and 'Canes.

I picked Bolts in 6

Igor is too good for them to not be in every game. So the Blueshirts will win a couple.

I just think Tampa has the championship recipe; they are playing better now than they were in the regular season.

I think they have that extra gear that the Rangers don't....yet.

To be honest, in the Pens Rangers series. Games 5,6 and 7, the Pens offense quit after taking leads. The defense looked confused at times. If not for that fact, the Rangers would have and should have lost that series.

Everyone is more than welcome to continue talking Lightning-Rangers here, but if you want to get into Tampa Bay - Colorado, the Stanley Cup Finals thread is now up, with poll.

So go check that out, vote your prediction, and start chatter about the Bolts n Avs there.
Polls will close Friday, June 17th.

Enjoy the Finals everyone!

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26