Radulov to become highest paid player in KHL

For the third time in his career the siren call of Mother Russia is calling Alexander Radulov home. As soon as free agency becomes affective he is set to sign with AKS Bar in the KHL.

The contract will pay him 150 million Rubles per year on a multi year contract making him among the highest paid players in the KHL. In American Currency 150 million rubles figures out to somewhere between 2.5 million American and seven dollars twenty three cents depending on fluctuation in the Ruble with Putins war. Stars fans will miss his four goals that he scored this year almost as much as they will miss his indifference on defense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Breaking News!!!!!

Chuck Fletcher saw that the KHL was offering him the highest contract in the league and he thought that Radulov must be something special if he is getting that sort of offer so Chuckie upped the offer and added a few extra years to it. 🤣

He said I can't let that sort of talent get away. 😉

Edited by Gritty Fanatic

• 2 weeks later...

The KHL better watch out how many Rubles they are throwing around to these fading players as the country is not doing so well financially. The league itself is also not doing so well with two of the teams withdrawing from the league in the Jokerit Helsinki team and the Dinamo Riga team leaving the league already. The league is going to play the 2022/23 season with 22 teams. 

Radulov is far from what he used to be as a player and possibly going over to this league and back home he will spark a bit more of what he has left in the tank. He just doesn't have any left in the tank for the NHL. 

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 9:34 PM, Dumpster Hockey said:

Breaking News!!!!!

Chuck Fletcher saw that the KHL was offering him the highest contract in the league and he thought that Radulov must be something special if he is getting that sort of offer so Chuckie upped the offer and added a few extra years to it. 🤣

He said I can't let that sort of talent get away. 😉

I think Fletcher passed on him because he never played for the wild lol. I heard he is going to give gaborik and koivu a chance at a comeback

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

I think Fletcher passed on him because he never played for the wild lol. I heard he is going to give gaborik and koivu a chance at a comeback

You knock it off Yave!

The LAST thing this thread needs is John Munch-like, anti Koivu conspiracy theorists running rampant! :ph34r: 

• Haha 1

Now if an aging but still amazing Russian player like Alex Ovechkin heads back to his Motherland for some record contract paid with the toilet paper worth Rubles while he is chasing the record of The Great One then the NHL should start worrying. If all that is fleeing back to the Motherland are these fading Russian players the NHL has nothing to worry about. I think the NHL packed Radulov's bags quickly for his trip home. 

13 hours ago, Captain Lando said:

The league itself is also not doing so well with two of the teams withdrawing from the league in the Jokerit Helsinki team and the Dinamo Riga team leaving the league already. The league is going to play the 2022/23 season with 22 teams. 

It's really more a matter of Jokerit getting their oligarch owner off the books, transferring controlling interest back to Jari Kurri who will, mark my words, transfer it back to Vladimir Potanin when the time is deemed appropriate. It's not even the first time this happened with Kurri, who has played this game before, saying his ownership of Jokerit was fully Finnish, only to sell his 40% interest to Potanin within weeks.

Great goal scorer and two-way hockey player, and I was a huge fan of Jari Kurri the hockey player. Kurri the human and businessman? Not so much.

13 hours ago, Captain Lando said:

Radulov is far from what he used to be as a player and possibly going over to this league and back home he will spark a bit more of what he has left in the tank. He just doesn't have any left in the tank for the NHL. 

AK Bars is owned by Tatneft, an oil and gas giant that had over $17B in revenues last year, which is being run by the former President of Tatarstan, who is a huge sports junkie. For people like that, $2.5M is chump change to be able to sip vodka with one of their hockey heroes.

• Like 1