10-Year NHL Veteran Goaltender and 5-Time Stanley Cup Champion to Become an NHL Defensemen for the Next 10 Seasons

NHL HHOF

Will there ever be an NHL goaltender who comes along in the future, and has it in his mind that he wants to do this for real?

10-Year NHL Veteran Goaltender and 5-Time Stanley Cup Champion to Become an NHL Defensemen for the Next 10 Seasons.

Well, not really, but a boy can dream! He doesn't necessarily have to become a defensemen, he could be a centermen or a forward/winger. I would really like to see this happen someday. If not for real in the NHL, then maybe in a book or a movie. I think it would be great if it actually happened in the NHL. Imagine the sports media frenzy that would follow. If Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders were able and allowed to play in both, the NFL (football) and MLB (baseball), at the same time, then the NHL should allow a veteran goaltender to  play another position in the NHL exclusively without having to go back to the minors first for further training, if that's what they would have to do in that case.

The person who does this can't be just any NHL goaltender. It would have to be an elite NHL goaltender. An NHL goaltender with at least 500 wins, under 300 losses, 50 shutouts, and 5 Stanley Cup rings. You can't say no to him! He would also have to be a goaltender who grew up being trained not just as a net-minder, but as a skater as well. As an NHL skater, he will go on to score at least 500 goals in 10 seasons, and win a few more Stanley Cups. He will end his career as having been both, an elite goaltender, and an elite scorer, and Stanley Cup champion.

And yes, I know there were NHL players in the 20s-30s-40s who were skaters that dressed up as emergency goaltenders for a few games, and goaltenders who dressed up as skaters for a few games, but that's not what I'm talking about, so don't mention it. I'm talking about full careers. 10 years as a goaltender, and then 10 years as a skater / goal-scorer, any position other than goaltender.

Edited by NHL HHOF

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2022 at 8:29 PM, NHL HHOF said:

This has to happen!

We need to put Ron Hextall into the Wayback Machine!  

In his Second Life, he must expand upon his being first goalie to score empty-netters, both regular season and playoffs.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Hextall

• Like 1