So who comes up for JVR?

Guest OzFlyer

@flyerrod

yeah, but shelly's good in the room... note the use of the sarcasm font :D

monoboy is a natural centerman, so throwing him out on the wing might not be the best indicator and use of his skill set, plus if you need to see what he's got you haven't been paying attention a whole lot to his play, the kid has played in all situations, has great hockey iq, a good shot, **** i don't even see where his skating could improve...(that was the only knock on his scouting report) maybe his first step, but he's not slow... he's been freakin' great this year.

Edited by mojo1917

I am guessing Wellwood as Harry Z has fallen out of favor with the brass according to some of the evening hosts on WIP who actually like and talk hockey. They feel he has so much potential with this speed and that he doesn't use it enough or finish well. I liked him and hope he will be back someday.

monoboy is a natural centerman, so throwing him out on the wing might not be the best indicator and use of his skill set, plus if you need to see what he's got you haven't been paying attention a whole lot to his play, the kid has played in all situations, has great hockey iq, a good shot, **** i don't even see where his skating could improve...(that was the only knock on his scouting report) maybe his first step, but he's not slow... he's been freakin' great this year.

His skating is much better than I thought it would be. I agree though - it might just be his first step. He looks slow when he's starting but when he's at full speed he seems to be moving pretty well, plus has good agility. I think this kid is going to be great.

**edit - fixed moronic grammar

Edited by delcofan

I say Wellwood. Though I really like Cooter's game. Lavy must have a ton of confidence in him as Cooter was matched against the Islander's top line all night.

Notice how ashamed he looked potting the empty netter? It's like they all were trying to get Read his hat trick.

This core will be legit soon. Like a year or two soon.

Please Homer keep these guys together.

Harry Z has fallen out of favor with the brass according to some of the evening hosts on WIP who actually like and talk hockey. They feel he has so much potential with this speed and that he doesn't use it enough or finish well.

hm, I don't know whether I see that or not. His speed is obvious but maybe there *is* something to the idea that he doesn't finish. I like him though and I hope he's back soon. I think he fits in well with the other rookies and my guess is he'd improve more (and faster) by skating with Schenn, Couturier and Read than by playing Phantoms' games.