Cassidy As a Flyers' Candidate?

His winning percentage has a HC over the last five 6 seasons is second only to Jon Cooper, and he's done it with a much less talented team than Tampa.

So, if I am the flyers, i'd be on the phone with him asap, and if i am Cassidy, before i accept, i'd have a long talk with management about the direction they want to go in.

4 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

So, if I am the flyers, i'd be on the phone with him asap, and if i am Cassidy, before i accept, i'd have a long talk with management about the direction they want to go in.

Flyer management couldn't find the direction they want to go with a magic compass. They also couldn't find their azz with both hands and a mirror.

• Like 1

If Bruce Cassidy wants another coaching job immediately, he probably won’t have much trouble getting one.

In fact, one NHL team is reportedly already planning to talk to Cassidy, less than 72 hours after the Bruins fired him following five-plus seasons in Boston.

According to Daily Faceoff’s Frank Seravalli, the Philadelphia Flyers are “likely to turn their sights toward” Cassidy as they look to fill their coaching vacancy.

The Flyers fired Alain Vigneault in December and finished out their disappointing season with Mike Yeo as interim coach.

Seravalli reports that the Flyers have already interviewed John Tortorella, David Quinn and Jeff Blashill, with at least Tortorella expected to get a second interview.

Other coaching vacancies around the NHL include the Chicago Blackhawks, Dallas Stars, Detroit Red Wings, Vegas Golden Knights and Winnipeg Jets. The Edmonton Oilers and Florida Panthers both finished the season with interim coaches; it’s currently unclear if they’ll stick with Jay Woodcroft and Andrew Brunette, respectively.

It wouldn't be surprising if a few more -- maybe even most of them -- reach out to Cassidy soon.

2 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

If Bruce Cassidy wants another coaching job immediately, he probably won’t have much trouble getting one.

In fact, one NHL team is reportedly already planning to talk to Cassidy, less than 72 hours after the Bruins fired him following five-plus seasons in Boston.

According to Daily Faceoff’s Frank Seravalli, the Philadelphia Flyers are “likely to turn their sights toward” Cassidy as they look to fill their coaching vacancy.

The Flyers fired Alain Vigneault in December and finished out their disappointing season with Mike Yeo as interim coach.

Seravalli reports that the Flyers have already interviewed John Tortorella, David Quinn and Jeff Blashill, with at least Tortorella expected to get a second interview.

Other coaching vacancies around the NHL include the Chicago Blackhawks, Dallas Stars, Detroit Red Wings, Vegas Golden Knights and Winnipeg Jets. The Edmonton Oilers and Florida Panthers both finished the season with interim coaches; it’s currently unclear if they’ll stick with Jay Woodcroft and Andrew Brunette, respectively.

It wouldn't be surprising if a few more -- maybe even most of them -- reach out to Cassidy soon.

Why would Sutter want to coach this bunch of misfits in Philly, versus Calgary...even if Gaudreau leaves Calgary to join the Flyers?

3 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

Heh, yup, found that pic of him stonefaced, after a 9 goal game amusing, gonna take it down soon anyway.

FTGNb4hVsAA1Yef.jpg

Flyer fans know this look all too well.....its on the faces of more than just the coach though

20 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

Yeah, this is definitely the challenge. I think Cassidy would be an interesting try, certainly better than some other names getting floated *cough tortorella cough*, but the bigger question to ask isn't whether this team could use a guy like Cassidy, it's whether a guy like Cassidy would be interested in this team. Some of the names bandied about I can see, as they're likely not getting calls from a bunch of other teams, but a guy like Cassidy or Trots... I dunno. Those are guy who will get other offers, and the current Flyers are so far away from relevance, I somehow doubt they would choose Philly in that case.

I do hope Fletch is calling him up though. Who knows, maybe Cassidy is interested in an uphill challenge.

Also, why am I a newbie? :D

Edited by elmatus