2021-22 Stanley Cup Finals: Tampa Bay Lightning (Wales Champion) at Colorado Avalanche (Campbell Champion) - (COL WINS 4-2)

TBL vs COL  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Stanley Cup Champion: Beast of the East or Best of the West?

• 1-- Bolts in 4. Defending Champs blow the hype right the hell up and disappoint many Western fans, and irritate odds makers!
    • 2-- Bolts in 5. Series doesn't quite live up to the hype as TB makes short work of the Avs, only giving up one game due to Bolts' team bus running late...
    • 3-- Bolts in 6. Great series that sees a bit of everything, but the Lightning still show why they have been the best for the last three seasons...and why the Avs still need a bit more work.
    • 4-- Bolts in 7. Fantastic set that truly shows hockey can be a game of inches....and rulers and yardsticks favor the defending Champions who make it 3 in a row!
    • 5-- Avs in 4. Predators, Oilers....Lightning. Makes no difference to the powerful, hungry Avalanche. They sweep. New Champs.
    • 6-- Avs in 5. TB tries but finally finds a team that matches and exceeds them at every turn. Vasy steals a game, but that's it.
    • 7-- Avs in 6. Colorado grows by leaps n bounds even during this series, and dethrones the defending champions on their own ice!
    • 8-- Avs in 7. Epic set. New Champs crowned. Old Champs fall just shy of historical greatness. And all in front of the Denver home crowd!

This poll is closed to new votes

Good offsides touch by Pat Maroon.

Too many times teams, so they don't get called offsides, leave a puck alone, it is picked up by the opposition for an odd man rush the other way.
That's where guys like the Big Rig really pay off in experience.
He'd rather get called offsides on that poke rather than allow Colorado to pick that up and skate towards Vasilevskiy with it.

Call him an oaf, an a-hole, whatever, but the guy knows the game, knows situations, and contrary to what some bitter fans may think, he IS a big part of why the Bolts won two Cups and the Blues before that.

Hmm....Looks like we will be getting OT.
I think that favors the road team here. Tons of speed, they've won before in OT, and much less pressure to do so being the visiting team.

Will have to wait 17 minutes to see what formula the Lightning can come up with.

Bolts pretty much must win this.

Sure, in 1987, the Ron Hextall Flyers were given up for dead falling behind Gretzky, Kurri, Messier, Fuhr et al 3-1, only to stun those legends in Edmonton then win again in Philly against a still-dazed-and-confused Oilers.  But Edmonton went back home to win G7.

To lose here, forced to win G5 and G7 in Denver…tall order.

2 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

Is Phil Esposito the color man for Tampa?

Might be....on radio though.

I haven't listened to a TB radio broadcast since I moved away, so not sure.
I know crazy man Dave Mishkin is still the main play by play by scream guy down there for their radio casts.

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

Iron kind for Vas and the Lightning...almost the winner for Toews.

Yea, these nail biting moments aren't good for me.
Great for my manicurist, but definitely not me.....everything from getting bummed out by an OT loss to a big salon bill.  

• Haha 1

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to 2021-22 Stanley Cup Finals: Tampa Bay Lightning (Wales Champion) at Colorado Avalanche (Campbell Champion) - (COL Leads 3-1)