2021-22 Stanley Cup Finals: Tampa Bay Lightning (Wales Champion) at Colorado Avalanche (Campbell Champion) - (COL WINS 4-2)

TBL vs COL  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Stanley Cup Champion: Beast of the East or Best of the West?

• 1-- Bolts in 4. Defending Champs blow the hype right the hell up and disappoint many Western fans, and irritate odds makers!
    • 2-- Bolts in 5. Series doesn't quite live up to the hype as TB makes short work of the Avs, only giving up one game due to Bolts' team bus running late...
    • 3-- Bolts in 6. Great series that sees a bit of everything, but the Lightning still show why they have been the best for the last three seasons...and why the Avs still need a bit more work.
    • 4-- Bolts in 7. Fantastic set that truly shows hockey can be a game of inches....and rulers and yardsticks favor the defending Champions who make it 3 in a row!
    • 5-- Avs in 4. Predators, Oilers....Lightning. Makes no difference to the powerful, hungry Avalanche. They sweep. New Champs.
    • 6-- Avs in 5. TB tries but finally finds a team that matches and exceeds them at every turn. Vasy steals a game, but that's it.
    • 7-- Avs in 6. Colorado grows by leaps n bounds even during this series, and dethrones the defending champions on their own ice!
    • 8-- Avs in 7. Epic set. New Champs crowned. Old Champs fall just shy of historical greatness. And all in front of the Denver home crowd!

This poll is closed to new votes

26 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Boys back at it tonight.

Either the Cup gets awarded or the Lightning throw everything into chaos by forcing an anything-can-happen scenario in Denver, CO.

I know which one I WANT.... and c'mon, you people want MORE hockey anyways!  :shifty: 

I want game 7.

If they can force game 7 you'd have to think then all the pressure flips to Colorado...

:PopcornSmiley2:

Edited by OccamsRazor
#Bourbon up

29 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I want game 7.

If they can force game 7 you'd have to think then all the pressure flips to Colorado...

:PopcornSmiley2:

All of the pressure, ALREADY IS on Colorado. I think that technically, Game 6 is a MUST win, for the Avs. 

6 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

All of the pressure, ALREADY IS on Colorado. I think that technically, Game 6 is a MUST win, for the Avs. 

See I don't see it that way.

Seems to me to be less pressure right now with 2 chances to win one game for Avs.

Pressure is still on Tampa to force another game because if they lose it is over.

But if they can win it well now the Avs have about the same chance to win one game as the Bolts.

So then the pressure flips to the Avs if they lose today.

At least that is how I feel about it...

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

See I don't see it that way.

Seems to me to be less pressure right now with 2 chances to win one game for Avs.

Pressure is still on Tampa to force another game because if they lose it is over.

But if they can win it well now the Avs have about the same chance to win one game as the Bolts.

So then the pressure flips to the Avs if they lose today.

At least that is how I feel about it...

The Lightning won Game 5 in Denver, with their season on the line. That was a pressure packed win. While it still is, the Lightning have a lot of leaders, who have "been there, done that". While the Avs are a bit more talented, experience counts for something. The Lightning have it..and it means A LOT during the playoffs. Who's going to handle the pressure better? Who's going to be more nervous, and be a little too keyed up?? The Avs have to win it tonight, and be the aggressors..causing the Lightning to take penalties. 

33 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

The Lightning won Game 5 in Denver, with their season on the line. That was a pressure packed win. While it still is, the Lightning have a lot of leaders, who have "been there, done that". While the Avs are a bit more talented, experience counts for something. The Lightning have it..and it means A LOT during the playoffs. Who's going to handle the pressure better? Who's going to be more nervous, and be a little too keyed up?? The Avs have to win it tonight, and be the aggressors..causing the Lightning to take penalties. 

It may come down to who has the better goalie..

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

It may come down to who has the better goalie..

It already has come down to who has the better goalie. 
Vasilescky stole that last game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomdog said:

It already has come down to who has the better goalie. 
Vasilescky stole that last game. 

And it may not be over is all I'm saying.

Will Lady Luck have the biggest say though?

T-minus 90 minutes till possibly the last game of the Champ's season.....or, they defy the odds again, and push for one last trip to Denver!

My husband grilled some delicious Hebrew National hot dogs today, along with some 92% lean ground beef, which he turned into BBQ burgers using his special family sauce.

Soooo, at the very least, if my Bolts lose, I will have a big excuse to pig out on some Sunday grillins to drown my sorrows.
Then again, if they WIN, I can also celebrate with some dogs n burgers..... Yes, I am a female who eats like the proverbial horse. Deal with it. :bigteeth: 

Stamkos crushes Makinnon and looked like he took a knee to the groin doing so....Dedication. 😁
TB needs the same start as the first right off the bat in the 2nd.

Edited by ClusterChuck

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah one goal from their biggest star isn't going to cut it...

Not as concerned with who scores as what everyone isn't doing. Bolts had 2 dmen get hurt in the period. Avs didn't finish a check on the forecheck the rest of the period. You would think they would have cranked it up a notch. Instead they fell back on their heels. 

12 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Not as concerned with who scores as what everyone isn't doing.

I understand i have watched 15% of this series.

I can't dispute much except i'll be glad when it is over so we can put the year behind us.

I get home at 7:30 from a 12 hour shift (almost every night the damn game is on.)

Last thing i want to much of is hockey.

I am bitter still it will subside soon i hope.

When did Tampa turn into the Penguins? Whiny bitches. 

And Fire Dill. Do you get paid to be the chatroom critic? 

Some thoughts of your own would be fun for the rest of us to pick apart.

Nothing written here means jack.

41 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Not as concerned with who scores as what everyone isn't doing. Bolts had 2 dmen get hurt in the period. Avs didn't finish a check on the forecheck the rest of the period. You would think they would have cranked it up a notch. Instead they fell back on their heels. 

Yeah when Rutta went down the tunnel and Cernak took that puck it looked like it was "over"