2021-22 Stanley Cup Finals: Tampa Bay Lightning (Wales Champion) at Colorado Avalanche (Campbell Champion) - (COL WINS 4-2)

TBL vs COL  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Stanley Cup Champion: Beast of the East or Best of the West?

• 1-- Bolts in 4. Defending Champs blow the hype right the hell up and disappoint many Western fans, and irritate odds makers!
    • 2-- Bolts in 5. Series doesn't quite live up to the hype as TB makes short work of the Avs, only giving up one game due to Bolts' team bus running late...
    • 3-- Bolts in 6. Great series that sees a bit of everything, but the Lightning still show why they have been the best for the last three seasons...and why the Avs still need a bit more work.
    • 4-- Bolts in 7. Fantastic set that truly shows hockey can be a game of inches....and rulers and yardsticks favor the defending Champions who make it 3 in a row!
    • 5-- Avs in 4. Predators, Oilers....Lightning. Makes no difference to the powerful, hungry Avalanche. They sweep. New Champs.
    • 6-- Avs in 5. TB tries but finally finds a team that matches and exceeds them at every turn. Vasy steals a game, but that's it.
    • 7-- Avs in 6. Colorado grows by leaps n bounds even during this series, and dethrones the defending champions on their own ice!
    • 8-- Avs in 7. Epic set. New Champs crowned. Old Champs fall just shy of historical greatness. And all in front of the Denver home crowd!

This poll is closed to new votes

Bura(y)kovsky...wait for it... buries it for the Avs win!! (Clean up in Aisle 5, I put this post under the wrong topic, originally.).

Edited by FD19372

1 minute ago, SaucyJack said:

Burakovsky has accomplished what he didn’t for the Capitals in the 2018 Finals:  bend the twine.  (He had 4 assists in that series but 0 goals.)

Surely he'll accept what was the ultimate result.

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to 2021-22 Stanley Cup Finals: Tampa Bay Lightning (Wales Champion) at Colorado Avalanche (Campbell Champion) - (COL Leads 1-0)
2 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Bolts playing with fire allowing Colorado to continually reload in the offensive zone.

¡No me gusta!

Play on Darcy's side boys...let's go.

Agree. Tampa did not place enough shots towards Avalanche net. Only 23 shots vs 38 shots placed by Colorado team. From my observation for years when Avalanche was playing against the Wild team in our Division they usually able to place lots of shots ( more than 30, even up to 50). Tampa must to compete that part of the game too if they want to win. 

Not a great start for Tampa, but could’ve been a whole lot worse. Honestly if the Lightning manage the puck better, I think they’ll be fine. Seemed like Hedman couldn’t handle the puck or make a simple pass to save his life. Collectively way too slow and tentative on breakouts and that let the Avs feel success with their forecheck. If the pass isn’t there just flip it out. Also gave them way too much time and space in the neutral zone. 

Even with how bad they played, if Vasy was locked in from puck drop they probably pull a win here. TB has to put some more pucks on Kuemper. Missed opportunity for TB,but tip your cap to Colorado and on to Game 2.

TB fans have no worry as I am sure Cooper will make some adjustments.

I still think this series goes 6 or 7 games.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Just rewound the ending of the game.... horrific clearing attempts by the Bolts lead to that.

Hedman and Sergachev will own those....and be better next game out.

Yeah I was quite unfortunate and it seemed to have a strange rebound on the boards. But the three Avalanches all got into the zone with full speed followed by a clever play by the guy who was drafted by the Stars and scored 0 goals in his last 57 games for us...

My Game 1 analysis is that the Avalanche came out full steam ahead and the Lightning were not quite prepared for that sort of speed from the onset of the game. The Lightning came out playing a more physical game and from the beginning the Avalanche seemed like they were going to be worn down by that style of play. 

Both teams seemed to adjust to each other's style somewhat but I think it is much harder to adjust to speed than to a physical style of play. 

Putting the puck on the net is always important and in any game usually the team that does this at a higher rate unless the goalie is outstanding that team will come out on top. Both teams goalies were not at the top of their games last evening and they both have to step it up for game two.

The Avalanche pretty much have to continue to force the Lightning to play their style of game. Keep the speed up and keep the Lightning out of their zone and put as many pucks on the net as possible. That will lead to success for the Avalanche.

For the Lightning they need to slow the game down. Play a more physical style game and make those precision passes that lead to perfect scoring chances. Vasilevskiy also has to improve. 

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well i guess that would be 0-4 now. Hhhhhmmmmm.

Not looking good but a lot of hockey left to be played.

I am taking this 1 game at a time. Just look at the last series the Lightning were in with the Rangers. The Rangers were up 2 games to 0 and people were saying OMG the Rangers have the Lightnings number and it could be over in 5 games if they don't get their s### together. Well they did get their s### together because they have a good coach and a good team. 

So the Avalanche have 3 games to go. If they play like they did last night things are looking good for the Avalanche. I guarantee you one thing though the Lightning will adjust. 

I still have total faith in my boys and I feel they are the best team in the NHL. 

23 minutes ago, Captain Lando said:

I am taking this 1 game at a time. Just look at the last series the Lightning were in with the Rangers. The Rangers were up 2 games to 0 and people were saying OMG the Rangers have the Lightnings number and it could be over in 5 games if they don't get their s### together. Well they did get their s### together because they have a good coach and a good team. 

So the Avalanche have 3 games to go. If they play like they did last night things are looking good for the Avalanche. I guarantee you one thing though the Lightning will adjust. 

I still have total faith in my boys and I feel they are the best team in the NHL. 

Good post. All the pressure is on the Avs.

Lightning have been there done that twice already.

They are playing with house money and they finally got Point back so it will take a few games before he is even back up to top speed.

I picked Avs in 7 so let's see how it goes.

It isn't a series yet till someone loses at home.