2021-22 Stanley Cup Finals: Tampa Bay Lightning (Wales Champion) at Colorado Avalanche (Campbell Champion) - (COL WINS 4-2)

TBL vs COL  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Stanley Cup Champion: Beast of the East or Best of the West?

• 1-- Bolts in 4. Defending Champs blow the hype right the hell up and disappoint many Western fans, and irritate odds makers!
    • 2-- Bolts in 5. Series doesn't quite live up to the hype as TB makes short work of the Avs, only giving up one game due to Bolts' team bus running late...
    • 3-- Bolts in 6. Great series that sees a bit of everything, but the Lightning still show why they have been the best for the last three seasons...and why the Avs still need a bit more work.
    • 4-- Bolts in 7. Fantastic set that truly shows hockey can be a game of inches....and rulers and yardsticks favor the defending Champions who make it 3 in a row!
    • 5-- Avs in 4. Predators, Oilers....Lightning. Makes no difference to the powerful, hungry Avalanche. They sweep. New Champs.
    • 6-- Avs in 5. TB tries but finally finds a team that matches and exceeds them at every turn. Vasy steals a game, but that's it.
    • 7-- Avs in 6. Colorado grows by leaps n bounds even during this series, and dethrones the defending champions on their own ice!
    • 8-- Avs in 7. Epic set. New Champs crowned. Old Champs fall just shy of historical greatness. And all in front of the Denver home crowd!

This poll is closed to new votes

Was thinking the same thing when I saw the Finals schedule.

Play a game...then wait longer than usual for Game 2. It's gotta be "the networks" that are in the way of this, trying to fit everything in their neat lil time slots and days.
Such is the times we are living in when TV dictates all.

Teams can't be happy either.
For Colorado, a potential momentum killer waiting the extra day to play the next game.
For Tampa Bay, an extra day to stew in what went wrong in G1....when a team loses like they did, they want to get right back in there ASAP.

Game 1 had lots of excitement, flow, and energy....here is to hoping Game 2 delivers the same and that player talents overshadow any networks' stupid TV schedules.

5 hours ago, Math said:

Defenses will be tightened, no way #88 allows three goals again in the first. Bold predictions: 0-0 after 20', under 5.5.

I know Killorn-Cirelli-Hagel have been assigned as the 'shut down' line of sorts for the Bolts against any opposition this playoff season, but I'd LOVE to see Alex Killorn get on the scoreboard.
Only 4 assists through 18 games played, and he is normally a very good playoff performer who this season Coach Cooper has opted to put on defensive duties.

Killorn, being the selfless team guy he is, plays wherever and however the coach wants him to.

Alright now!!

Stanley Cup action is back on the air tonight at 8pm EST / 5pm PST, on the ABC Network and ESPN+.
And shame on whomever it was that caused an extra day break between the first two games of the Finals!

Anyways, Bolts will look to even things up, while the Avs look to put the Lightning in a hole.

Tampa Bay, of course, is pretty good at coming back from series deficits, but you know what? I REALLY don't want to keep testing that aspect of the team...especially not against a team that thinks they can really win it all like Colorado.

Bolts chased Toronto all series long until finally overtaking them in Games 6 and 7, and then the Lightning had to erase a NYR 2-0 series lead by taking 4 straight and winning that series.

I do not want TB having to chase Colorado all series, nor do I want to see the Champs in an 0-2 hole.....not good for Lightning business!  :biggrin: 

Colorado holds the cards right now and could also get Andrew Cogliano back in their lineup (haven't heard anything on Kadri yet) as soon as tonight.

Avs were fed a PP by the refs, they take advantage.

Bolts need to attack the net a bit more, like they did against Shesterkin, bother Kuemper and draw some of those PP's for themselves.

1-0 Avs right now, the team is feeling great, the fans are rockin....can the Lightning put a zipper on'em? We will see...

Looking like the Ranger series all over again.....flat as a tire first two games, then woke up by Game 3.

Except, the Avs aren't as green as the Rangers to the playoff scene. Bolts playing with molten lava here.
They need to get aggressive, start hitting bodies, driving the net, execute on their passes better.

Avs are taking advantage of every poorly executed play by the Lightning.

• Like 2

To the locker rooms, down by a trio, time to reset.

At least Bolts showed some fire as the Avs looked like they are also trying to agitate the Champs on top of being ahead on the scoreboard.
As the broadcast crew said though, Colorado best stay away from that stuff when everything is going so well.

We will see what Jon Cooper and his guys come up with for the second frame.
Still say should be going at Kuemper more...like, LITERALLY, at him.

Guy is sitting back there taking a vacay sipping on German piña coladas.
Not gonna expose Darcy's warts playing on the defensive end of the ice....

On 6/17/2022 at 2:22 PM, Math said:

Defenses will be tightened, no way #88 allows three goals again in the first. Bold predictions: 0-0 after 20', under 5.5.

WTF...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Math said:

WTF...

Maybe you have some of that wacky Juju magic I've been spreading around to other teams....and now karma says it  has to come back to mine! 😄

I honestly have to chuckle, as a fan, not much as I can do but hope the Bolts get their act together.
Only Game 2 and even if TB loses this one, I still can't start thinking "it's over". That's for losers.

Granted, coming back on the Avs is NOT the same as coming back on the other teams the Lightning have, but it still can be done.
Especially if they decided to give Darcy "Krumple" Kuemper a hard time.

I STILL say he is no SC goalie, but if the Bolts don't take it to him, he will certainly  look like one.
And it wouldn't surprise me if Colorado, win or lose, want to look elsewhere for a goalie too.

And as I finish this, puck dropped, 2nd period, Game ON!!
Let's see how this one plays.

Yech....looking like more of the same so far.

TB doesn't look particularly engaged (not sure why!), are playing like they are HOPING something happens instead of MAKING something happen.
All the Champs need is a spark of some kind. They can rain shots as good as anyone on the opposition, they just need to do something on the ice that will remind them of that fact.

12 minutes ago, Math said:

WTF...

You almost got me to bet the first period under of 1.5.  Instead I made the infinitely better investment of my $5 on TB to win.  (Wait…what ?!)

Yea, there ya go, Tampa Bay...just turn it over. 

Not like Colorado can do anything with that.

Nichushkin is gonna parlay this season and these playoffs into a big fat contract, then turn back into a Russian pumpkin before the ink dries on it next season. :shifty: 

• Haha 1

We recently celebrated the 40th anniversary of the “Miracle on Manchester.”  Surely it is time to repeat something like that.  

Chopper Circle Comeback ?

Edited by SaucyJack

8 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

Tampa fans: wait till avs face a real goalie. 
Avs fans: how you feel about facing a real team?

Ouch, that’s as harsh as the wake up call Tampa just got.