Official John Tortorella (Torts) offcially named as Flyers new Head Coach

pilldoc

John Tortorella name new Flyers Head Coach  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Simple Question ..... Do you approve of John Tortorella being name as Flyers Head Coach?

• Yes ...I back the Flyers 100%. This is the coach this team needs.
    • No ... This team has too many other issues that Tortorella can't fix
    • Unsure .... ask me later

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I'm soooooo tempted to one day completely rearrange everything in the kitchen....including putting some things she uses all the time in some obscure place in another room, just so she can have a taste of her own medicine. 

But I just can't be bothered.

lol …. That would be your death wish …lol

Evil Eye Stare GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Boy has this topic gotten side tracked ....LOL .....

I guess we better get it back to Torts and this team ....LOL

I'll help... LOL.

Listening to some old sound bites from Torts over the years....
For all the negative people want to throw at him, the one big thing I think the Flyer locker room will appreciate from him, and the fans should too, is that wherever he coaches, he makes HIS guys the priority.

His locker room, his players, HIS team's successes, failures, and everything in between.

Many of the interviews where journalists try to get him to talk about other teams, other players, and how great or dangerous they are, Torts basically shuts that ^%$# down and basically tells the reporter, " Screw that, this is about our guys here....not talking about those other guys".

If the Flyer locker room is somewhat dysfunctional, segmented, and lacking in morale, unity, and cohesion, things like that which Tortorella brings to the table should help tremendously.
From where I sit, sure, the Flyers could use some better players overall, and sure, they have some pretty bad contracts they have to deal with, but they DO have talent in there nonetheless.

And that talent probably doesn't realize how good they are or can be. They aren't rowing in the same direction.
For all his faults, I think one thing Flyer fans will love is Torts' ability to unify a locker room under his "Eff Everyone Else...It's about us" banner.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

For all the negative people want to throw at him, the one big thing I think the Flyer locker room will appreciate from him, and the fans should too, is that wherever he coaches, he makes HIS guys the priority.

I guess it's pretty obvious I like this hiring. And if what TFG is saying is true (I have no reason to doubt it), Torts may be just what is needed. I think that the recent statement, where he mentioned Hayes having to play both ends of the ice, is the starting point. If I read him right, he said if guys like Hayes buy in, and are held accountable,  others will toe the line

Now if I can just get my wife to buy into my way of thinking:dancing:

• Like 1