Flyers 2022-23 Phantoms/Prospects info

pilldoc

22 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Andrae will probably do well in the SHL, he'll come over and Schmuck will think he'll need 'seasoning' at the AHL level.

Guess he'll get his chance after next season.

But i think he could be signed to his entry level contract and then loaned back to the SHL like they did with Felix Sandstrom.

:PopcornSmiley2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

I think Noah has to be a lock to make the team to start the season, at least. 

The need some one who can find the twine on the left side in Farabee's absence so could this be a dark horse...

...or does he need time in the AHL???

6 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Would love to see more youth on the roster.  Especially if it means that Lappy and his crew don't get their hands on that youth very much.  Even though I'm far from convinced that Tortorella and his crew of frauds are any better for development.

I'm pretty sure Torts will show no loyalty to any veterans on this team. The guys with the most effort. The guys that listen to the coaches. The guys who play the best. Those will be the guys who play regardless of age and/or previous status. I'd be shocked if Torts does anything else in this situation.

Prospects playing well gives one hope. 

Flyers haven't had a shot like this since the Jeff Carter days...

Have to love the shot from Andrew Macdonald...

Heluva a pass by Olle...

Another angle...

Lappy said he doesn't see him having Noah this year...

With Attard and Zamula there is no room for Braun. Why did they even sign him.

York needs to play i wonder if he makes Sanheim expendable.

:PopcornSmiley2:

Edited by OccamsRazor

8 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Just more of the incompetence I've mentioned above.  Can't say I'm sold on Egor yet.  But, I don't think there's any debate that Attard should have been the lock for the position that Braun was brought in for, and Braun never should have even been a thought ever again by this organization.  And, with what Ginning showed in those rookie games alone showed he should also be a serious consideration on a team with a competent front office.  Unfortunately, all the "talk" is just more BS from the propaganda department.

Does Ginning play the left or right side? I can't imagine Ginning beating out one of Provorov, Sanheim or York for a spot there. That leaves the right side and between DeAngelo, Ristolainen and Braun, he'll be hard pressed to beat one of those guys. 

This is just going to be an awful year and I'm resigning myself to that fact. Hopefully we see some growth from players, but this is going to be a horrible year. 

41 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Can't say I'm sold on Egor yet. 

Well he is up from 180 to 192 so that is good news and it isn't saying much but he is already better than Risto.

I feel he will get his chance to get a cup of coffee is injuries crop up this season and he is in his last year of his entry level contract so he is playing for a new one.

Not sure who gets first call up Hogberg played well too i thought. But by next season certainly he should be ready to take Braun's spot in the lineup. It is time to get younger down there.

That Risto contract will prove to be a burden by the season's end. It is time to let the good kids play while this ship sinks further....

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Braun, he'll be hard pressed to beat one of those guys. 

Honestly this guy shouldn't have ever been signed. But he is the guy who will get pushed out.

I hope Chuck can trade him again for a bag of bent pucks. The kids need to play.

Zaumla

Hogberg

Ginning

Wylie

All of them should be given minutes over Braun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Honestly this guy shouldn't have ever been signed. But he is the guy who will get pushed out.

I hope Chuck can trade him again for a bag of bent pucks. The kids need to play.

Zaumla

Hogberg

Ginning

Wylie

All of them should be given minutes over Braun.

Most of the Schmuck signings and trades should have never happened. I figure DeAngelo is going to get waived after the first month, Ass-to-Mouth Stinktolainen will probably be dropped to the third pairing and scratched regularly and Braun will probably end up playing first pairing minutes. This is the world according to Schmuck and then when the Flyers are out of a playoff spot by November, Schmuck will try blaming it on the coach and his new system and that these guys were brought in to compliment a system that is no longer used and Dave Scott will continue to fellate the egos of Schmuck and the senior advisors and tell them how great of a job they do. 

33 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Most of the Schmuck signings and trades should have never happened. I figure DeAngelo is going to get waived after the first month, Ass-to-Mouth Stinktolainen will probably be dropped to the third pairing and scratched regularly and Braun will probably end up playing first pairing minutes. This is the world according to Schmuck and then when the Flyers are out of a playoff spot by November, Schmuck will try blaming it on the coach and his new system and that these guys were brought in to compliment a system that is no longer used and Dave Scott will continue to fellate the egos of Schmuck and the senior advisors and tell them how great of a job they do.

I think the 2022/23 season motto is in here somewhere!

Flyers hockey, Ass-to-mouth fellated egos.

• Haha 3

On 9/18/2022 at 6:37 PM, FireDillabaugh said:

Yeah.  I've listened to the propaganda also.  I'm just not convinced by it.  I know the circus act that Tortorella is too well, and know the egos of Holmgren, Lombardi and Fletcher too well.  I believe it to be difficult to be convinced that players making 8.5% or more of their cap suddenly won't be getting ice time they don't deserve in this organization.  Which means JVR on the first line left wing instead of the 3rd line, and Hayes as 2nd line center instead of 3rd line center.  Don't care how much "talk" Tortorella does.

Believe me.  I truly, sincerely wish I could have the hope you have.  But, I only see it as false hope.  Sorry.

If the propaganda were actually truthful, it would probably mean Attard and Ginning(after what he just showed in the 2 rookie games) make the defensive roster over Braun and Risto.  And, would probably mean Foerster and Lyksell make the roster putting JVR and Hayes in the press box with Braun, Risto and Seeler watching from above.  I don't see it happening.

Why I don't believe it's just propaganda is because he signed a 4 year deal. A 4 year deal to me means they will give him room to restructure this locker room.

imo I think:

year 1 is a tear down year and a weeding out year. Change of culture by any subtractions necessary. 

year 2 is a youthful rebuild year. Not necessarily all that much better, but a younger higher energy team that works hard, is hard to play against and has something to build on.

year 3 is the year they will be expected to move upwards and begin challenging. Not sure how high that expectation will be but it'll be the year they fire Torts if the team isn't substantially better.

year 4 playoffs? 

That I think will be the plan. If they expect instant success they are truly delusional and it won't work. 

With all due respect, I think that timeline is incredibly optimistic based on this regime's unwillingness to actually rebuild and the resources they (don't) have.  Your timeline would make sense only if and when the team finally admits it's not competing for the playoffs and starts showing some patience while planning for the future (i.e starts trading guys with value for more desperately needed assets that will be ready on that timeline).