Flyers 2022-23 Phantoms/Prospects info

pilldoc

A look at the Phantoms lineup...is this a winner??

21 Bellows 18 Cates 71 Foerster

17 Wilson 91 Desnoyers 25 Marody

24 Brooks 9 O'Reilly 14 Wisdom

28 Lycksell 15 Bellerive 42 Hodgson

45 York 47 Belpedio

44 Connauton 12 Attard

37 Ginning 29 Wylie

30 Sam Ersson

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I swear if you didn't laugh sometimes you'd have to cry...

...thanks Ron.

I always envisioned Ratcliffe playing closing to how this kid is playing.

But nope Flyers get the dud 6-6 200 forward.

:bonkingheadonwall:

we are cursed….. plain and simple 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I swear if you didn't laugh sometimes you'd have to cry...

...thanks Ron.

I always envisioned Ratcliffe playing closing to how this kid is playing.

But nope Flyers get the dud 6-6 200 forward.

:bonkingheadonwall:

Sure, and the guy taken 5th overall in the same draft has 3 more career points than Rubstovs zero. The guy taken right before Rubstov has 24 career points. The guy taken right after has 26. 8th overall has 32 career points.  11th has 20. 18th has 18. 19th was just waived by us, his 2nd team. Hextall blew the late 1st round pick...but in the 2nd round...

And the guy taken twenty something picks after Tage Thompson is our #1 goalie and the best one the Flyers have drafted in 4 decades. 

Lets face it...Thompson broke out at 24 years of age...there's no way most of this board or Flyer management would have had the patience for that. Probably would have been another throw in on the Risto deal...So he'd probably still be doing that for Buffalo.

But ya, doc...we're cursed! 

Edited by flyercanuck

59 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Sure, and the guy taken 5th overall in the same draft has 3 more career points than Rubstovs zero. The guy taken right before Rubstov has 24 career points. The guy taken right after has 26. 8th overall has 32 career points.  11th has 20. 18th has 18. 19th was just waived by us, his 2nd team. Hextall blew the late 1st round pick...but in the 2nd round...

And the guy taken twenty something picks after Tage Thompson is our #1 goalie and the best one the Flyers have drafted in 4 decades. 

Lets face it...Thompson broke out at 24 years of age...there's no way most of this board or Flyer management would have had the patience for that. Probably would have been another throw in on the Risto deal...So he'd probably still be doing that for Buffalo.

But ya, doc...we're cursed! 

So I guess that is a long way of saying Ron f-uc-ked up...gotcha.

18 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So I guess that is a long way of saying Ron f-uc-ked up...gotcha.

Ok, sure. But it wasn't a very good draft. Most of the picks in that range ended up busting. Busts in the 1st round ...5th overall, 8th, 11, 12, 13, 17 through 25, 28, 29. We picked 22nd. It wasn't like there was gold all around us and he had the only bad pick. 

And as I said, the guy grabbed our only franchise goalie in 40 years. Not that it's got us anywhere, but he's probably our best draft pick since Giroux.

I'd say taking Patrick 2nd overall hurt us much more than the Rubstov pick. And of course we were all on board with it at the time.

Edited by flyercanuck

8 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

But it wasn't a very good draft. Most of the picks in that range ended up busting. Busts in the 1st round ...5th overall, 8th, 11, 12, 13, 17 through 25, 28, 29.

That is when a good GM trades the pick then.

Trades back or whatever do your scouting create your board and stick to it - you don't have to use the pick if it isn't worthy of being used.

10 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Ok, sure.

Now this is the right answer I knew you'd come around.

:beer:

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

That is when a good GM trades the pick then.

Trades back or whatever do your scouting create your board and stick to it - you don't have to use the pick if it isn't worthy of being used.

Well then, you'll be happy to know thats exactly what he did. he traded the 18th overall pick for 22nd  (this was in that group that busted all the way to 25th) and picked up a 2nd and a 3rd. Like a good GM would. 😆

Our present guy would stood pat, and throw in a 2nd and 3rd. 

Edited by flyercanuck

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I think it is going to take an assassination to get Chuck out.

Who is will to be that trigger man?

I will drive my prior military background will make it too easy to trace back if I do it but if I drive I can have a good alibi...

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think it is going to take an assassination to get Chuck out.

Who is will to be that trigger man?

I will drive my prior military background will make it too easy to trace back if I do it but if I drive I can have a good alibi...

What about moving the state of Minnesota to, say...Bolivia?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

What about moving the state of Minnesota to, say...Bolivia?

Maybe we can hooked to the back of @Podein25 riding lawn mower and drag it there worth a shot...

:hithead:

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Well then, you'll be happy to know thats exactly what he did. he traded the 18th overall pick for 22nd  (this was in that group that busted all the way to 25th) and picked up a 2nd and a 3rd. Like a good GM would.

That's impossible.

This is all Hextall's fault. All of It. Hayes. Ristolainen. Ellis.

All Hextall.

And the players we all tend to agree on keeping? Hart. Konecny. Some even add Provorov and Sanheim.

Thanks, Fletch!

Obviously the Rubustov draft was the death knell to this organization. Anyone with a shred of hockey sense knows it.

Oh, wait...

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

Edited by radoran
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Well then, you'll be happy to know thats exactly what he did. he traded the 18th overall pick for 22nd  (this was in that group that busted all the way to 25th) and picked up a 2nd and a 3rd. Like a good GM would. 😆

Lol, flyercanuck with the receipts.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Hey, I'm all for it...at least that way I won't have to deal with a dozen feet of snow every ^%$#ing year and can wear my open sandals all year long! :bigteeth: 

And free marching powder for season ticket holders! 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Has to be a 30 year old center available for this kid in a trade somewhere around the NHL Chuck will work the phones...

:NinjaLookLeftRight1:

Well how is Gauthier going to help the aggressive retool and the cup run this year when he's playing WJs and college? Might as well get something for NOW.

• Good Post 2

So the Flyers seem to have found steal in the 6th round...nice...but we'll see in the future.

https://phillyhockeynow.com/2023/01/01/philadelphia-flyers-defenseman-sign-ethan-samson-brent-flahr-sixth-round-steal/

Hard to get real excited anymore i remember all the accolades when they stole Phil Myers and have the great defense that was drafted with Ghost, Ivan, Hagg, Sanheim, Sam and Phil and here we are still waiting for anything positive to unfold.

rah-rah-rah best i can do.

• Like 3

I can see where the Flyers could "not suck" in a few years.

A lot of young guys are on the scoresheet on this road trip. Farabee looked good, Tippet is driving play, Morgan Frost looks like an NHL player, Cam York looks good.

Cutter Gauthier has been good while playing the pivot at BC and doesn't look lost at the world jrs.

Bobby Brink could come back and drive play. I thought he looked a half click slow in his cup o' coffee last season, but he was around the puck in the scoring areas, just didn't have the good timing and chemistry with his teammates. It didn't seem like he was out of place in the NHL. 

It is not out of the realm of possibilities that some of these young guys could become decent NHL players.

Figure a top 8 (at the worst) draft pick this year and 2 1st rounders next year, if some things break well for the Flyers they might be scrappy underdogs with some upside before 2026.

Somewhere in there, there needs to be some higher end talent, I understand that. But there are some quality guys on the roster already who when they play hard are pretty good.

Ice a team that's solid like the recent NY Islanders teams that would be fun to watch. I don't have illusions of a cup run in 24 or anything, but there are nights where the team looks like they might not be too ******.

major leauge they're shtty.jpg