Flyers 2022-23 Phantoms/Prospects info

pilldoc

2 hours ago, radoran said:

Would you give a pick or a prospect for a 25-year-old that can't stay healthy?

Have you seen me in fantasy hockey?

Actually, no, not in a million years.   But you never know if Schmuckles will land a job somewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

Have you seen me in fantasy hockey?

Actually, no, not in a million years.   But you never know if Schmuckles will land a job somewhere.

I'd keep Allison around for one more year. His trade value is zero, he's a good physical third or fourth line winger. If he stays healthy,  he has the hands to score 20 goals, then if he doesn't figure into your future plans you can at least get something for him at that point. We are very thin on LW, so we can always put Foerester on the LW since he has done well on that side as the PP trigger man.

Ol' Foerester looking pretty good lately.

The 'Canes broadcast team liked what they saw from him.

It was nice to see that release in the NHL.

The graphite gets loaded in that kid's hands, he beat Anderson clean off the rush with a true seed.

His skating looked pretty good too.

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

The graphite gets loaded in that kid's hands, he beat Anderson clean off the rush with a true seed.

Looks like Desnoyers and Foerster are ready to go just missing their center to gel with.

Are we looking at the perfect two for the 2nd line between Frost next season?

Honestly can't say as of now but I hope they can devise a plan to obtain a center soon.

Coots being able to come back next season and be affective is a huge question.

Maybe it is best to see if Morgan can handle the top line and let Coots raise the two young wingers on the 2nd.

I hope to have more answers by the time free agency is happening.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Foerster worked his ass off on his skating and it shows. He's never going to be a burner, but he's good enough with everything else he does.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah, I like the kid.  He seems to have a good attitude and I like the way he plays when he plays.   But at this point, if someone is willling to give pick or prospect for him, then I do it.   Kind of under the same principle as when we're talking about TK and others, but exacerbated by his health.  So, yeah, send him out and bring back pick or 20/21 year old and maybe in 3-4 years you have someone entering their prime instead of a 30-year old on LTIR.

Another kid who could be gone too maybe.

He'll be 26 by mid summer.

So only thing might save him and Allison it's a rebuilding team and they are both under contract for next season at 750K a piece.

Time is running out on some of these guys and I don't feel any urgency in any of them.

So I hope Torts can't wake them up they need the contributing on a nightly basis somewhere in the lineup.

Especially Laczynski because he is a center and they are starved for center help.

So much sorting out this roster will have to go through it's unreal.

Danny B better do his homework and rest up for the offseason he going to be busy.

9 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So only thing might save him and Allison it's a rebuilding team and they are both under contract for next season at 750K a piece.

This is it exactly. You don't need to do anything with them, of course it's also likely that they don't do anything (if history is a guide).

9 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So much sorting out this roster will have to go through it's unreal.

They have three more seasons of the second line center they had to have three years ago.

They have eight more seasons of a guy they didn't need to re-sign when they did.

They have four more years of a guy being paid like a top four that they hope can be an effective bottom pair.

Two more of a former foundational D piece that they now can't find anything to do with.

They have three more seasons of a 32-year-old goon and a 28-year-old who's just happy as heck to be playing long term on a team that hasn't made the playoffs in three years.

They have almost $20M in three 30+ year old guys on IR.

They're still paying Bryzgalov for four more years (this doesn't have much to do with anything as it doesn't cost them against the cap, but, still, I mean... #halloffame)

This is just all indicative of an organization* that has followed no long term plan to develop since...

The Hartnell/Timonen trades and the Briere signing?

16 Years ago?

• Uggh... 2

3 hours ago, radoran said:

This is it exactly. You don't need to do anything with them, of course it's also likely that they don't do anything (if history is a guide).

They have three more seasons of the second line center they had to have three years ago.

They have eight more seasons of a guy they didn't need to re-sign when they did.

They have four more years of a guy being paid like a top four that they hope can be an effective bottom pair.

Two more of a former foundational D piece that they now can't find anything to do with.

They have three more seasons of a 32-year-old goon and a 28-year-old who's just happy as heck to be playing long term on a team that hasn't made the playoffs in three years.

They're still paying Bryzgalov for four more years (this doesn't have much to do with anything as it doesn't cost them against the cap, but, still, I mean... #halloffame)

This is just all indicative of an organization* that has followed no long term plan to develop since...

16 Years ago?

UGH...almost seems like the better plan would be to sell the team and create a new expansion team like Vegas and Seattle did. :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, radoran said:

16 Years ago?

B..B..U..U...T.T.T.T  it's not the FO or GM's fault ........ (sarcasm fault)

(funny once Fletch got the axe a certain poster all but disappeared)

The ineptness of this franchise over the last decade and a half is simply mind boggling.

Edited by pilldoc
  • Uggh... 1

18 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Looks like Desnoyers and Foerster are ready to go just missing their center to gel with.

Are we looking at the perfect two for the 2nd line between Frost next season?

Honestly can't say as of now but I hope they can devise a plan to obtain a center soon.

Coots being able to come back next season and be affective is a huge question.

Maybe it is best to see if Morgan can handle the top line and let Coots raise the two young wingers on the 2nd.

I hope to have more answers by the time free agency is happening.

Frost looks good with Tippett this year

Speaking of prospects, has anyone seen Ginning play for the Phantoms. He's got some good size and he is a plus 23 ? as a rookie defensemen.  That's pretty impressive,  his plus minus is by far the best on the team so he must be doing something right. Maybe he can be a good shutdown guy for us.

On 3/20/2023 at 10:13 PM, flyercanuck said:

Foerster worked his ass off on his skating and it shows.

1 goal 4 assists the last 3 games putting Briere on notice.

What impresses me more than that (the little bit i have watch since the dismissal of one who shall not be named) is his play away from the puck - some very nice plays tonight.

I will say it again if someone is going to make me name a Captain all i can say is i Noah guy...

...crazy how much happier that a change has been made me feel for some reason. Change is good.

• Like 2

Phantoms need to get their sh it together lost the last 3 games and are sitting in the last playoff spot.

Only 10 games remain and they have a 2 point lead over Bridgeport. I will be very pissed if Lappy doesn't get this squad some playoff playing time.

They play again saturday night when the fcuk are they going to get Emil Andrea in the action he is their best weapon on the blueline and he needs to play.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Very good to hear. Especially if he's transitioning to centre. We'll see how that goes. 

Plus he has 3 good forwards coming in to work with as well. I can see him centering two of them.

• Like 1

Flyers sign Emil Andrea to 3 year entry level contract.

Good for him. Kimmo 2.0 I hope.

"The biggest thing you notice right away is he's just a competitor, like he's not shy of the physical game and he plays with a lot of grit," Latvia assistant coach Karlis Zirnis said last August. "If I have to compare to anybody in the NHL, I would say Kimmo Timonen, also played for the Flyers. That would be my comparison. Good with the hands, can see the ice very well, but not afraid to play the physical game."

• Like 1

With the need for center depth Danny B needs to try and ink one of these two prospects.

Austen Swankler 6-1 183 left hand shooting center.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/298560/austen-swankler

TJ Hughes 5-11 180 right hand shooting center.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/479673/t.j.-hughes

I would add one of these prospects to Jon-Randall Avon down on the farm with the Phantoms with Jay O'Brien.

If they are going to sign him they need centers bad and can't count on any if the draft this year helping next season.

Leave no stone unturned.

Good job for the Flyers 6th round draft pick. He's a righty and well they could use him big time!

6-3 185 still needs time to fill out and develop. Should make a nice Phantom next season.