Flyers 2022-23 Phantoms/Prospects info

pilldoc

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

Here's hoping we have a 5th overall pick to add, instead of a 30 year old with a bad contract.

I will be royally pi%%% if Chuck trades the #5 pick .....

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I will be royally pi%%% if Chuck trades the #5 pick .....

I might not be, as I've said a pile of times if he trades back, gets another pick in 23 or something where he dumps 5 for 8-12...I would be pretty happy, the Flyers would still most likely get their guy and depending on the extra thing(s) that come with trading #5 an other crack at a high ceiling player either later in this draft or '23

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I might not be, as I've said a pile of times if he trades back, gets another pick in 23 or something where he dumps 5 for 8-12...I would be pretty happy, the Flyers would still most likely get their guy and depending on the extra thing(s) that come with trading #5 an other crack at a high ceiling player either later in this draft or '23

valid points…. Would feel better if I actually trusted Chuck to do the right thing. At this moment I simply do not trust him…..  i do get your POV though….

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Nice play to create the turnover and even better snipe. 7th round pick Santeri Sulku. 6-4 192 needs to eat and hit the weights.

Hey a 7th round pick....whatever seen you when you sign a entry level contract. A Big Finn with solid speed.

@radoran

Now has a prospect he can follow and let us know when he will be a NHL Allstar.

Alex Bump.  I think he is a fellow Catamount....or the bourbon and heat has scrambled my brain and i have him confused with someone else.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/623782/alex-bump

A late 2002 birthdate so we'll see 5th so you never know...another wasted pick or another Oskar find.

Ok size 6-0 183 not bad for an 18 year old.

What a shame.

So now that leaves only Ersson for LV. I'm sure Chuckles will sign some bum vet to block Sandstrom and he will get waived and claimed by the Penguins or something stupid.

Especially with Fedotov career maybe being over. A strength surely looks weak now...depth in goal.

If the Preds are smart might want to get their guy out too.

Maybe they bring back the goalie who played so well down the stretch i forget his name...

@radoran

Your scouting assignment should you choose to accept...

...first things first...WTF is a Catamount??? And is that program going to be any good next season?? If you even know.

I have to say confidence goes a long way seems to have it. But talk can be cheap. We'll see.

Check back in about 3 years.

Edited by OccamsRazor

This is a very big year for Lappy and the Phantoms. Seems he will have a very stacked lineup to work with. 

With all the talent he will have like guys like Wisdom it should be playoffs or bust if they do not make the playoffs Lappy should be fired.

@OccamsRazor

I don't know if he'll work out and become the envisioned power forward at the NHL level.

I liked the little I saw of him though. I thought he had pretty okay hands and did well in tight spaces in spite of his sprawling adolescent moose build.

Maybe COVID was harder on these guys than we know and they'll all start to develop or take the next step. 

He seemed to have some other intangible qualities too. Guys on his line seemed to listen up when he was speaking even vets. I thought he handled himself more like a vet than a kid on a cup of coffee.

Edited by mojo1917

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

@OccamsRazor

I don't know if he'll work out and become the envisioned power forward at the NHL level.

I liked the little I saw of him though. I thought he had pretty okay hands and did will in tight spaces in spite of his sprawling adolescent moose build.

Maybe COVID was harder on these guys than we know and they'll all start to develop or take the next step. 

He seemed to have some other intangible qualities too. Guys on his line seemed to listen up when he was speaking even vets. I thought he handled himself more like a vet than a kid on a cup of coffee.

Yeah he has so much competition now form all these kids and his skating issues at best will maybe put him in the bottom 6.

That and the fact that he is 6-6 and still doesn't know how to be physical enough to suit the NHL.

Who knows we'll see.

It is getting closer to now or never for him.

10 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Just hope they aren't expecting him to clear waivers.  Because it's unlikely.  He'll probably be another Aube-Kubel if that's the action they take with him, with him being young and affordable.  There are definitely teams out there that will take the gamble on him at his cost and age.

Maybe they don't care.

Just like with NAK.

They aren't signing Jack St. Ivany either to an entry level contract.

A 6-3 205 Right hand shot who is a stay at type defenseman who went to Boston College.

I guess Chuck didn't pick them so he doesn't care.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FireDillabaugh said:

LOTS of talk. 

That is just what I was referring to all the chirping.

The kid still has a lot of time to get better and grow. His skating will always hold him back.

Seems to be the Flyer's MO always going after guys with skating issues gambling I guess that they can fix that.

Instead of just going after guys who can skate well. I guess that is all Holmgren.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

That is just what I was referring to all the chirping

I like that the young fella is engaged.

That dude usually helped the practice go better/be more fun.

I don't mind it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

A 6-3 205 Right hand shot who is a stay at type defenseman who went to Boston College

Everyone hated that draft pick, no one has been clamoring to see him; like not tendering an ELC to Connor McClennon, I dont think anyone will care about St Ivany in 2 months. 

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1

On 7/22/2022 at 4:43 PM, mojo1917 said:

I like that the young fella is engaged.

Check out the wheels on Samu at the 52 second mark of this goal clip...Flyers need this speed in Spades.

I think the kid needs another year to settle in in the Liiga  62b51ce3-edfc-49f4-b0f4-d6c6b58bb4c3_medium.png.d3fd22e17ccaef310d2c6de6c912a394.pngbefore they even think about bringing him back over.

His team has 6 other AHL prospects on it. He is the smallest of the 6.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/team/417/jukurit/2021-2022?sort=age

By the time he is 22 i expect him to be back over. He will be 20 in January.

He has Sami Kapanen and the team he plays for also has Oli Jokinen to guide him. Let him marinate...

:PopcornSmiley2:

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

@OccamsRazor

they definitely need a couple of these guys to hit.

I think Samu could be something if his game and body continue to grow.

I hope those Fins help him along.

Samu had a real rough year last year. It certainly didn't help that they kept him in Lehigh Valley, when they should have sent him to Sudbury. Instead, he got hurt and ended up bouncing around between the AHL and the Finnish league. Kapanen really has his work cut out for him.

I have to admit, I'm a Tyson Foerster fan. The man reinvented his skating and he's become such a more effective skater now. I know that the shoulder injury wasn't good, but at least he got some games in this year and it looks like the shoulder's fine. If the offense is there to start the year and if it's really strong, it gives Tortorella an option to go to if things are stagnating in the lineup. My wish though is that Alison is healthy. If the Flyers could hit on those two, that would be something HUGE for this team.

• Good Post 1

Well Phantoms get another forward to fight for a spot.

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/lycksell-looks-to-excel-in-north-america/c-335160804?tcid=tw_news_content_id

Was on loan last year. Coming over to see if he can handle the big lights...

...also a LW spot is up for grabs on the Flyers while Farabee is on IR.

:cheers:

Edited by OccamsRazor
#Bourbon up