Tony D'Angelo for 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

What if he comes in and "leads" like Hayes?

Then we have a problem.

I have never heard anyone suggest Deangelo is a leader, or teacher. Douchebag, yes

Sure but people can change. Will see if he has. Torts is going to test his maturity.

It's all we can do.

Bingo. Gawd have mercy on our souls.

:PopcornSmiley2:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, radoran said:

He had a reliable backup partner.

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but you hit the nail on the head.

I think they are hoping Ivan can be his Slavin on the otherwise.

Just a guess at their reach.

I really hope they hit it right I don't want to think about a swing and another miss...

• Like 1

This reflects what many of us have said for years. The trade is necessitated by bad drafting and development.  A half decade ago, there was talk of the franchise finally building a mobile D that was needed in the New NHL. Our picks have not panned out, with Sanheim and Provorov as semi-exceptions relative to expectations. This deal is an add-on to "fix" Ellis, which was a fix for prior failures. Loss of lower round picks may not hurt the parent club, but they build depth at the minors. Again, we were lauded for depth a few years ago. Now we are a bottom feeder. Whether the guy plans out is TBD. Meanwhile,  our prospect pool is thin, and Fedotov's mess doesn't help.  Sorry for dumping.

Is anyone else starting to wonder if Fletcher is just making these ridiculously stupid trades and signings to see if anyone will actually fire him? 

You know how you hear the story about the guy who starts with a paperclip and trades and trades until he ends up with a house? Well Chuck starts with a house...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

I haven't seen a single source (not related to the Flyers) that thinks the Flyers made a good trade here.  Everything I'm seeing says they overpaid.

The only thing DeAngelo will lead to is Hart to request a trade.

You didn't  look to hard,look at the Carolina Hurricanes  forum they are not happy at all with the picks they got.tiok all of about 30 sec to find this out

5 minutes ago, Pedo 228 ERQS said:

It's the Carolina Message  board  look at it

5 minutes ago, Pedo 228 ERQS said:

It's the Carolina Message  board  look at it

What site? Hfboards?

13 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

All this collecting of Hayes' friends and former teammates. Nothing good will come from it. If Tortorella thought the locker room was splintered before, just wait until it becomes a full out revolt of Hayes and his group vs the rest of the roster. This might make the 2006 - 2007 locker room squabble between Forsberg/Gagne and Carter/Richards look like a drop in the bucket. 

Or Torts brings in a few of his dogs and makes Hayes his bitch. 

DeAngelo says he's matured and will buy in totally to whatever Torts wants. benefit of a doubt.

https://www.nhl.com/news/philadelphia-flyers-tony-deangelo-eager-to-play-for-coach-john-tortorella/c-334905314?tid=277548856

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pedo 228 ERQS said:

You didn't  look to hard,look at the Carolina Hurricanes  forum they are not happy at all with the picks they got.tiok all of about 30 sec to find this out

you are not kidding. i cant believe they trade him to us and i like this move too like what were they thinking?

13 hours ago, ruxpin said:

What site? Hfboards?

Come on Rux, the Flyers are still your team.  Did you see me bail on the Sabres, Bills or Orioles ever?  So just adopt the Sabres as your 2nd favorite and just maybe you will have something to cheer for this year.  I do not get Gritty below.  How can you be a Flyers fan and have Boston as your 2nd favorite?  They are kind of rivals.

I am on Lake Hartwell near Clemson for the week, boating, fishing, tubing and skiing and whatever trouble we can get into.

I left out a lot of drinking so yeah that too.

So last night I seen some reports that Ellis is going to play and TD is for the 3rd pair to play along side York.

So I found it interesting and I can't find where I read that.

I know I had more than my fare share of bourbon last night but either way not sure I can trust it.

Till I see Ellis on the ice with the team skating and practicing I will not expect him to play....back to vacation.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#Bourbon up
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

Or Torts brings in a few of his dogs and makes Hayes his bitch. 

DeAngelo says he's matured and will buy in totally to whatever Torts wants. benefit of a doubt.

https://www.nhl.com/news/philadelphia-flyers-tony-deangelo-eager-to-play-for-coach-john-tortorella/c-334905314?tid=277548856

Time to put up or shut up time…..

32 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I take it you dont like the trade Rux?  ESPN says Fletcher might have to spend time telling Flyer fans how this wont bring a black cloud over Philly.  Their words.  

Hi HJ

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of this.  I don't hate the game DeAngelo brings, though I do dislike the person in the jersey. But more, I don't understand how he fits in or how he addresses the clear needs the Flyers have.  Especially when we could have just used the #5 pick for a kid that was arguably better than what we drafted (satisfying BPA) and filled the need we clearly have.  That filled need wouldn't have been immediate because Jiricek wouldn't have been ready for a year or two, probably, but the Flyers wouldn't be ready for at least that long either.

The three blind mice thing is really because there's apparently no sober diagnosis of what is wrong and, therefore, the seemingly bumble stumble in the dark absence of a cogent plan.  Think of the frustration for Sabres fans maybe 4-5 years ago or so.  That's where Philly is right now.  Nothing this team's "management" is doing is making any sense.  It occurs to me that Philly has a bunch of managers and no leaders.

I actually think Cutter could turn out to be a decent player. There's upside there.  And I like D'Angelo's game, even though getting him makes me feel kind of like I did when the Eagles got Michael Vick. I wanted to shower.   Vick at least made sense in terms of "fit" as a player.

Funny your reference mentions this, but it really IS annoying that every Fletcher trade requires a twisted propaganda "explanation" from Fletcher.  Once -- just once -- it would be nice if a move simply made sense on its face.  Forget "winning" the trade. That's often difficult to measure.  My criteria at this point is simply one that makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

9 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Come on Rux, the Flyers are still your team.  Did you see me bail on the Sabres, Bills or Orioles ever?  So just adopt the Sabres as your 2nd favorite and just maybe you will have something to cheer for this year.  I do not get Gritty below.  How can you be a Flyers fan and have Boston as your 2nd favorite?  They are kind of rivals.

With the hfboards thing, I was just asking where I could see some Hurricane fans takes on the DeAngelo thing.  

But I did mention "maybe I'll become a Sabres' fan elsewhere.   Really more in line with what you describe than actually "switching."  Just to have something to actually cheer for in the interim.  Plus, I really do like a lot of the kids on your team.

Boston.  Hard to answer that one from here.  Way way way back when the Flyers traded Poulin and Propp there, I became a temporary fan. But that's it.

I highly doubt the Flyers are a rival from Boston's vantage. The Flyers would first have to be relevant.

10 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I am on Lake Hartwell near Clemson for the week, boating, fishing, tubing and skiing and whatever trouble we can get into.

I left out a lot of drinking so yeah that too.

So last night I seen some reports that Ellis is going to play and TD is for the 3rd pair to play along side York.

So I found it interesting and I can't find where I read that.

I know I had more than my fare share of bourbon last night but either way not sure I can trust it.

Till I see Ellis on the ice with the team skating and practicing I will not expect him to play....back to vacation.

If Ellis returns and the pairs are as you describe, that's an expensive defense, but it's crazy enough it just might work.   One more year of protecting York might not be a bad idea, but after that he needs to start moving up.

Or flip him and Provorov if..

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but you hit the nail on the head.

I think they are hoping Ivan can be his Slavin on the otherwise.

Just a guess at their reach.

I really hope they hit it right I don't want to think about a swing and another miss...

So, when chuckles trades Provy to free up cash for the shiny toy, who plays with DeAngelo?

• Uggh... 1