Tony D'Angelo for 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I am on Lake Hartwell near Clemson for the week, boating, fishing, tubing and skiing and whatever trouble we can get into.

I left out a lot of drinking so yeah that too.

So last night I seen some reports that Ellis is going to play and TD is for the 3rd pair to play along side York.

So I found it interesting and I can't find where I read that.

I know I had more than my fare share of bourbon last night but either way not sure I can trust it.

Till I see Ellis on the ice with the team skating and practicing I will not expect him to play....back to vacation.

:PopcornSmiley2:

perhaps it was a burning bush or a golden fish that jumped into your boat where you heard it 🤪

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, tucson83 said:

you are not kidding. i cant believe they trade him to us and i like this move too like what were they thinking?

Didn't  say I liked the trade but the fans liked him there and thought what they got what they got for him wasn't  enough 

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

Thanks. Interesting reading.   Interesting trade where both fan bases hate it.

Canes fans bitching about the club being to cheap to keep him and the Flyers giving up the ranch for for *insert name*

...it would be nice to have a happy medium for a change.

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I like AA and his opinion so i have to say this isn't encouraging...

But this time the plan will work....

:bonkingheadonwall:

This has been Chuck Fletchers way for going on TWELVE YEARS. It's nothing new....overpay for everything, throw away draft picks, sign bums to bad contracts. Some of us (the grumpy ones) saw this coming when Philly signed him. That's why we're grumpy, cause we were sick of it before he got here. Some are just realizing it. Some, somehow, still haven't got it. It's going to be a looooooong shitshow before he gets fired and whoever the poor bastard is that takes over recovers from him.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 2

1 hour ago, GrittyForever said:

Face it, the only thing we know for sure is that Fletcher (and Hextall) doesn't like second round draft picks. 

FIFY …..

Edited by pilldoc

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

This has been Chuck Fletchers way for going on TWELVE YEARS. It's nothing new....overpay for everything, throw away draft picks, sign bums to bad contracts. Some of us (the grumpy ones) saw this coming when Philly signed him. That's why we're grumpy, cause we were sick of it before he got here. Some are just realizing it. Some, somehow, still haven't got it. It's going to be a looooooong shitshow before he gets fired and whoever the poor bastard is that takes over recovers from him.

It's simply mindbedoggling that some didn't get this when he arrived. What the hell are you paying attention to?

If they still don't get it?   Simply no signs of intelligent life where they live.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

Face it, the only thing we know for sure is that Fletcher doesn't like second round draft picks. 

Face it, the only thing we know for sure is that THE FLYERS DON'T like second round draft picks. 

FIFY

😩

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

FIFY …..

In the four years Hextall was GM the Flyers had six second round picks including Hart and Cup winner NAK. Allison and Ratcliffe are in the system.

They year they didn't have a 2nd? 2015? That was the deal Homer made for Andy Mac.

Can you elaborate on Hextall's disdain for seconds?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

3 hours ago, ruxpin said:

It's simply mindbedoggling that some didn't get this when he arrived. What the hell are you paying attention to?

If they still don't get it?   Simply no signs of intelligent life where they live.

I don’t have anything to add here.  Just thought you guys would like to see my avatar.  😂🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Hi HJ

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of this.  I don't hate the game DeAngelo brings, though I do dislike the person in the jersey. But more, I don't understand how he fits in or how he addresses the clear needs the Flyers have.  Especially when we could have just used the #5 pick for a kid that was arguably better than what we drafted (satisfying BPA) and filled the need we clearly have.  That filled need wouldn't have been immediate because Jiricek wouldn't have been ready for a year or two, probably, but the Flyers wouldn't be ready for at least that long either.

The three blind mice thing is really because there's apparently no sober diagnosis of what is wrong and, therefore, the seemingly bumble stumble in the dark absence of a cogent plan.  Think of the frustration for Sabres fans maybe 4-5 years ago or so.  That's where Philly is right now.  Nothing this team's "management" is doing is making any sense.  It occurs to me that Philly has a bunch of managers and no leaders.

I actually think Cutter could turn out to be a decent player. There's upside there.  And I like D'Angelo's game, even though getting him makes me feel kind of like I did when the Eagles got Michael Vick. I wanted to shower.   Vick at least made sense in terms of "fit" as a player.

Funny your reference mentions this, but it really IS annoying that every Fletcher trade requires a twisted propaganda "explanation" from Fletcher.  Once -- just once -- it would be nice if a move simply made sense on its face.  Forget "winning" the trade. That's often difficult to measure.  My criteria at this point is simply one that makes sense.

You mention the Sabres in here.  I just saw the Vegas line to win the Cup of all teams. There are 13 teams below the Sabres.  Not that we have a snowballs chance in hell of winning it, but the fact 13 teams have longer odds is promising.  It means they are expected to be better.  Maybe even contend for a low seeded playoff spot?  Of course we need a goalie for that to happen. The Flyers biggest problem to me right now is that maniac they just hired behind the bench.  Only Keenan would have been worse

Just now, Hockey Junkie said:

You mention the Sabres in here.  I just saw the Vegas line to win the Cup of all teams. There are 13 teams below the Sabres.  Not that we have a snowballs chance in hell of winning it, but the fact 13 teams have longer odds is promising.  It means they are expected to be better.  Maybe even contend for a low seeded playoff spot?  Of course we need a goalie for that to happen. The Flyers biggest problem to me right now is that maniac they just hired behind the bench.  Only Keenan would have been worse

12 of those teams are the Flyers.

2 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

He may yet have growing pains this year, but I believe in your goalie.  I think the Sabres will be in the mix but some things have to go right and some other teams might have to come back.  Your division has the Bolts, Panthers, and Leafs. 

That may leave one spot.  I'm not bullish on the Bruins but they may have enough.  Wings should have goaltending and the Senators have improved. If they get goaltending they'll be in the conversation.  But why not the Sabres?   Barring injury, you could see some playoff hockey in western New York.  It'll be a nice way to top off your Super Bowl appearance.

7 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

We are Borg.  Resistance is futile.

Fedotov?  Sent to the Russian front.  Man is that a bitch  Its not a good situation over there at all.  Put down the hockey stick and pick up an AR-15, Putin says so.  

2 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

He may yet have growing pains this year, but I believe in your goalie.  I think the Sabres will be in the mix but some things have to go right and some other teams might have to come back.  Your division has the Bolts, Panthers, and Leafs. 

That may leave one spot.  I'm not bullish on the Bruins but they may have enough.  Wings should have goaltending and the Senators have improved. If they get goaltending they'll be in the conversation.  But why not the Sabres?   Barring injury, you could see some playoff hockey in western New York.  It'll be a nice way to top off your Super Bowl appearance.

Im really pissed off the Red Wings got Husso.  That stinking Adams never gave a look.  So now it appears its Luukenen.  Unless they make a move for Holtby which I would like to see.  But this is Buffalo.  It just never happens.  Detroit has more money. I mean, unless you put Terry and Kim Pegula's worth in there.  They are loaded.  Own the Bills and Sabres and bought the Sabres first.  If Luukenen plays decent yes, we have a shot. I like our blue line now that we have Powers. We have a few guys that can score. Thomson, Olofsson come to mind first. Himostroza is a good player. I am wondering what Jack Quinn is capable of this year?  Skinner had a bounce back season.  Bjork is good, guy we got from Boston and I think Boston is in for a long year.  Tuch, Cozens, Krebs, are good and Caggliua I am not sure yet. 

There is one guy I really wish they would trade away.  Jokuharju.  Yes.  I just do not like him.  Never did.  Over rated.  At least now his minutes will be far less if they insist on keeping him.  Powers, Dahlin, Colin Miller and Bryson are going to get lots of minutes. 

Want to keep your job Granato?  Sit Jokuharju as often as you can. 

On 7/8/2022 at 11:55 AM, JR Ewing said:

I know I'm an outsider, and don't think I'll be seen as trolling, but I don't like this move at all for the Flyers. DeAngelo will get his points, but can't play defense, has a checkered past, and will be paid more than he's worth. In back-to-back years, the Flyers have added two defensemen who are expensive in cap hit and draft pick capital, and neither of them can play defense.

Then he will fit right in with Risto.  LOL.  Don't get me wrong, I still love Risto.  I wish we still had him in some ways.  He makes teams pay for coming into your zone. He is one tough kid. Dont worry JR.  Your a mod here. Like everyone else but me. I need lots of moderation!  LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1