Johnny Hockey a done deal? (EDIT: JG Signs with Blue Jackets)

34 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

that’s insane…… 

Fletch will ruin this financially if he signs JG for any more….

It's possible that he doesn't really want to sign in Calgary and will take less elsewhere, but it is an absurd number I agree. 

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

My biggest problem with him though is what they let their last Captain walk pretty much for. Lack of playoffs and playoffs performance when they get their.

Johnny has his own dragons to slay. But hey at least it's a new pricey Deck chair. But he could also be the next JVR.

I hope he doesn't if he comes aboard ever be compared to him except when talking about who is better which i think is Johnny till he proves me wrong.

And in order to capitalize on the LTIR Chuck needs to use as much cap space as possible which he has shown he can do.

So what goes to make room for him??? And don't say Provorov and Konecny because i have already said no on that.

Has to be someone else. JVR and what??? That what scares me...

I dont know what's goes. I'm not nearly smart enough to even guess.

But I have to believe JVR is a major cog. I find the Deangelo signing curious, with non word on Ellis. I'm now thinking Eliis is done. You know better than me how that works

I think there will a player ot two that will be involved that are going to make our little forum hyperventilate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

And in order to capitalize on the LTIR Chuck needs to use as much cap space as possible which he has shown he can do.

Oscar Lindblom's contract to the rescue. 

He's 3m .aav... waive him @ that #

ain't no one claiming him except maybe Hextall.  So maybe buy his contract out? To be safe. 

That's a cool 3 million that can be manipulated to make a cap space mirage. 

Just a thought. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

It's possible that he doesn't really want to sign in Calgary and will take less elsewhere, but it is an absurd number I agree. 

Rumor i'm hearing is that the Kraken will offer him 8-10 mil with term....

• Uggh... 1

10 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

ain't no one claiming him except maybe Hextall.  So maybe buy his contract out? To be safe. 

Just a thought. 

Fletcher can really bring back the Flyers' way and announce that, "we didn't ask Oscar to get cancer."

• Haha 2
  • Uggh... 1
  • Sad 2

35 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Fletcher can really bring back the Flyers' way and announce that, "we didn't ask Oscar to get cancer."

this is hilarious.

The optics of buying Oscar's contract are terrible. There's no real compassionate way to look at this situation or sell it.

100% it's business and that's sad. CF has made so many bad moves since that good one ( signing Oscar to a deal and saying don't worry about anything) that he has to "undo" it.

I think Chuck is in the IDGAF phase of his employment tenure though. I think we all may need to strap in 'cause ****'s going get real stupid.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

Rumor i'm hearing is that the Kraken will offer him 8-10 mil with term....

I hope the Devils sign him, that way we  are not strapped with three huge long term contracts on older fading players. We wont even be contenders for 3-5 years .The real rebuild will begin in three years  when Coots and Hayes are being paid 8 million  each to score 30 points each.  Your top two centers have a couple of decent seasons left, so once they really hit the wall there will be no denying the rebuild. 

• Like 1

If chuckles does absolutely nothing more to poison this once meaningful franchise, it will be 5 years before anything good happens to it. But we know that's not reality. There are too many shiny toys hanging on the mobile above his playpen. What a dick.

14 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Just a thought. 

Gosh i hate to do that to Oskar. I'd rather offer up Scott Laughton....just a soft spot for Oskar.

• Like 2

I do think Lindblom will be come a cap casualty, even if its not for JG. They have to get rid of JVR, and there is no way to do this without giving up some kind of assets. Im not saying Lindblom and JVR will be a package, but possibly separate moves with the same objective

If somehow, Scott Laughton was traded to make room for JG, I would take an immediate vacation so I could swim in an oasis of bourbon

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I knew you would volunteer to drive Scott to the destination where that may be...

:PopcornSmiley2:

Mrs. X works for an airline. I would get that fool a plane tix....in fact I will call her right now and have her check flight status to ANYWHERE!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, pilldoc said:

that’s insane…… 

Fletch will ruin this financially if he signs JG for any more….

Well they have till mid night tonight to make a call after tonight they can no longer offer him an 8 year contract so a lot of leverage will be lost....stay tuned....

42 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well they have till mid night tonight to make a call after tonight they can no longer offer him an 8 year contract so a lot of leverage will be lost....stay tuned....

Who "they" ?

I'm hoping we get Johnny G... but if he's rejecting 8 years at 10 mil per year from the Flames, how the hell can we afford him... even after they bought out Lindblom? Another shoe has to drop, does it not? The Flyers only have $3.4 mil, or so, in capspace. 

Edited by FD19372