NHL Network just ran story that Ducks are listening to offers for Ryan

Guest RonJeremy

Why was Bobby Ryan 'born to be a Flyer" . Cause he makes $5.1 million a year and is on pace for 40 points? The team is one of the top in the league in scoring, but our defence is getting old and broken down. Lets trade some of our young D for more scoring. Ya, that makes sense.

It is very likely we are not planning to resign Carle (might as well get something for him before the rest of the league figures it out), and power forwards are a dying breed. One is on sale now, time to stock up.

Carle is a young good defenseman with a moderate cap hit, and a contract about to expire (which is good for a rebuilding team). I think he's an attractive option for Anaheim.

Hopefully they don't resign carle. But if you are going to trade him, trade him for another defenseman. The offense is no the problem. The two best defensemen on this team are old and breaking. They need to be replaced asap.

Hopefully they don't resign carle. But if you are going to trade him, trade him for another defenseman. The offense is no the problem. The two best defensemen on this team are old and breaking. They need to be replaced asap.

I agree, but sometimes opportunities present themselves. I'd rather resign Carle personally (ideally for a little less than his current salary if possible), but I know that isn't a popular opinion here. I can't imagine a scenario where someone would trade a defenseman of similar quality for Carle - it makes no sense.

I agree, but sometimes opportunities present themselves. I'd rather resign Carle personally (ideally for a little less than his current salary if possible), but I know that isn't a popular opinion here. I can't imagine a scenario where someone would trade a defenseman of similar quality for Carle - it makes no sense.

No chance they get carle for less. Someone will overpay for him, which is the main reason I am fine with them letting him go. Personally I think he already is overpaid.