Wild trade Talbot to Ottawa.

13 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

I agree Dumba isn’t worth 6.5 with the way he has played, but I haven’t seen anything better walking into the Wild’s locker room. 

Pretty sure they're pretty happy with Ryan O'Rourke(2020 2nd rounder).  A big, punishing two-way defender who plays well in all three zones, skates well, moves the puck well, and has a well rounded game that's hard to find in young dmen.  Many sources believe he was a steal at the 39th pick.  Having the strong potential to be a solid #2 NHL dman.  And Minnesota's defense could certainly use more youth in it, instead of settling for aging, overrated mediocrity.

If I were a Wild fan, I'd certainly rather see that type of young talent get his opportunity to help the team over an overpaid, overrated, about to turn 28 dman, whose deficiencies are well known and who is known what he brings.  Which isn't much at all, and not a game changer type of game.  But, maybe that's just me.

I think they're pretty excited about Brock Faber and Carson Lambos too.  

Dumba attracted no interest at all from teams across the league.  If he is such an exclusive commodity, wouldn't someone offer a a draft pick for him?  No.  So what makes him so special?  A right hand shot that he struggles to put on goal?  He should be a player this team could use on the power play but he's not able to do it.  He fumbles pucks away a lot and doesn't exactly clean up his defensive mistakes too well either.  

5 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

I think they're pretty excited about Brock Faber and Carson Lambos too. 

Agreed.  Although I think Brock is committed for at least another year to U of Minnesota.  While O'Rourke has a contract and is in their system.

9 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Agreed.  Although I think Brock is committed for at least another year to U of Minnesota.  While O'Rourke has a contract and is in their system.

Brock Faber did commit to coming back for his junior year but its widely believed he'll sign with the Wild as soon as the season is over.  He looked good at the team's development camp.  I'm pretty sure O'Rourke is Iowa bound, the team likes his game and they have been patient with his development.  Last year he could've stayed and played in the AHL but they opted to send him back to major junior to work on developing his offensive game which they felt wasn't getting a lot of work playing on the bottom pairing with Iowa during the Covid-year.  O'Rourke also looked decent at prospect camp, but with all due respect to him, Faber was at a different level.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tomdog said:

I will agree Dumba isn’t “all that “ but you’re talking about prospects. 
looking good in development camp isn’t going to replace a top 4 player. Looking awesome, maybe. 

Or looking good in the Olympics.  Or being one of the best defenseman in college hockey.  But it'd be a shame to lose a defenseman no one wants. :rolleyes:

Edited by CreaseAndAssist

• 2 months later...