Pea-Brain GM Signs Nicholas Deslauriers Who Can’t Play Hockey For 4 Years

SCFlyguy

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

As currently constructed…. This team couldn’t win the Calder Cup and would finish dead last in the AHL….

As currently constructed, no one on the team has need of a cup...of any kind.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1

Well it's official, we are tanking for Bedard.

We're going to fight our way to the bottom though so get ready for some old time hockey. 

In fairness to DeLo, he's actually developed into a decent penalty killer, he's a solid team guy, and he will fight ANYBODY. Philly fans will love this guy and some of his "activities" will be the only highlights/enjoyment we get this year. I wouldn't have paid him that much or given him that term, but I do not hate having him on the team. 

• Uggh... 1

Every single national hockey article I've read calls the Flyers losers. The first reason is JG, obviously, but every single one skewers the Desaulniers signing. One calling it "hockeywise, a terrible contact."

There is simply no way to put a positive spin on this signing.  Sorry, there just isn't.

This whole off-season is just a ham-fisted cluster fk.

An unbelievably protracted search for a head coach after knowing for 5+ months that you had an opening, only to land John fricken Tortorella.

Follow this with an idiotic signing of a player whose history and playing style go with Tort like peanut butter and baby's blood.

To the utter disaster yesterday.  To say this is a failure is to call the Hindenburg an aviation hiccup.  They'd honestly have been better off signing no one.  Just ride it out. Fold. But this?

And then Lindblom

For those who were wondering what the flyer identity is, it's apparent historic ineptitude and assholery.

Aggressive retool, my ###.   More like pathetic tool.

Who woulda seen this coming when we hired this imbecile.  Oh, wait...

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

In fairness to DeLo, Completely fictionally, he's actually developed into a decent penalty killer, he's a solid team guy,

FIFY

Sorry, I have no idea what this is based on (the penalty killer thing. Did you mean penalty taker?)

I'm still waiting for Schmuck Felcher's lone defender to come on here and tell us why Schmuck did such a good job this offseason. What's even worse is that you can bet Schmuck went to the senior advisors to talk about moves and they were all in agreement that these were good moves. A house cleaning can't come quick enough. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Clarke will hold a press conference two years from now to tell everyone he wanted to sign whatever UFA actually worked out but Fletcher wouldn't do it.

they will all back stab and throw everyone under the bus who gets in their way .....

19 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Bedard, here we come, if we can just get the rat Bettman out of the way and get a bit of lottery luck for a change.  But, the pile of crap that is Chuck and Co. will probably screw that up also.

The Flyers will have a lot of competition from Chicago, who pretty much cleared the roster of every good player they could.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

The Flyers will have a lot of competition from Chicago, who pretty much cleared the roster of every good player they could.

No kidding eh? I was watchiing the transaction list and that was what I thought too. 

14 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

No kidding eh? I was watchiing the transaction list and that was what I thought too. 

Yeah; other than Kane and Toews, who would require salary being retained. I've never seen anything quite like this.

5 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I'm still waiting for Schmuck Felcher's lone defender to come on here and tell us why Schmuck did such a good job this offseason. What's even worse is that you can bet Schmuck went to the senior advisors to talk about moves and they were all in agreement that these were good moves. A house cleaning can't come quick enough. 

No one can do this while being honest with themselves.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Ha!  Has to be one of the funniest posts made here today.  Someone is smoking too much of what this organization's propaganda department is handing them.

Developed into a decent penalty killer?  BULL.  Absolute bull.  He doesn't earn the time on ice to be a decent ANYTHING in the NHL.  And the fact that he'll fight anybody means nothing in today's NHL.  Maybe you haven't watched this sport in a few decades.  He'll fight anybody because he's incapable of actually playing hockey, at ANY level, let alone the NHL.  The fact that he was even considered by this pathetic front office and idiotic group of scouts is so far beyond any of the BS moves that Fletcher or any other GM of this organization has made here.  So far beyond a Hayes or Risto targeting.  So far beyond a JVR targeting.  Just so far beyond...

haha. You must be one of those young pups that likes figure skating over real hockey. well good for you. enjoy. you probably have the wrong team.

In no way did I suggest Nick is worth the money they gave him. Just saying, the hate isn't warranted. He will be fun to watch in a dismal season of tanking. 

11 hours ago, ruxpin said:

FIFY

Sorry, I have no idea what this is based on (the penalty killer thing. Did you mean penalty taker?)

Ducks ranked 10th best in the league. he did pend time on their PK.  (when he wasn't in the box himself :))

If ND goes on some kind of rampage, beating the snot out of multiple players for division rivals, I will tune in to watch. If for some reason he punches Cindy in his puss face, he will become my hero

Otherwise, he can piss up a frozen rope for all I care

4 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

He will be fun to watch in a dismal season of tanking. 

He's not going to be watched by very many...

Andy MacDonald was by all accounts a nice guy, too.

The whole question is the "playing hockey" thing...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, radoran said:

He's good for fantasy hockey in a league with non-scoring stats and you're trying to steal the hits or PIMs categories and his team plays Friday night.

Otherwise, there is literally no purpose to his existence

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, radoran said:

The guy will be a fan favorite, whether you like it or not. 

5 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

The guy will be a fan favorite, whether you like it or not. 

That's great news for the six people attending the games.

I remember when we had fan favorites on actually successful hockey teams.

Now it's some journeyman clown trying to distract from the organizational failures with fisticuffs.

Winning?

• Like 1