Flyers "done" for 2022 FAs

radoran

12 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Well, regardless of what affects them the most, the only thing I can do is not tune in.

That is precisely what I intend to do.

It is all we can do.

And come here to bitch about it all.

Go Eagles!!!!

2 hours ago, vis said:

for young kids to develop before spending in UFA

They have no young kids!  The cupboards are freaking bare!  It's a 50-50 chance they have a single All-Star in the entire system.

Lol, the kids they draft next year will be veterans before this team is good.

I actually think Hextall did a commendable job getting the organization back to a level spot to start from, regarding contracts, players, draft picks, etc though he did take awhile to do it, but the team WAS in that much trouble.   

So, Hex got the team back to 'head above water' status and damn, the team has sunk even further than I thought they could, like Fletch is forcing heads underwater like it's the Spanish Inquisition or something.  Sad 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

I'm wondering if there is any possible way Torts was in board with this, or did he even know?

maybe this is Fletch's hissy-fit way of getting back for the hiring of Torts without his approval haha

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CoachX said:

With AJ out there, all he has to do is throw the ball up

AJ and Devonta are gonna ball!   2 1,000yd receivers baby!

anyone know which WR duo holds the Eagles' record for most combined yards in a season?  I don't know how to look it up for a duo but I think it's something weird like D-Jax and Riley and I DON'T think they eclipsed 2,000 yards but may be close, like 1800-1900ish. Might've been Maclin and Riley...one of those. 

1 hour ago, Cheesesteak said:

Go Eagles 😄

...let's just hope Hurts turn out to be The Man 🙄

Either he is or he ain't but they will move on to Mishew and then Carson Strong will get a shot.

I'm me waiting...

:PopcornSmiley2:

40 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

What an AWESOME job of the aggressive retool. JFC, what will it take for that idiot to get fired? 

Maybe they forgot the hyphen?

Agressive re-tool?     Like the second summer in a row where the GM is a tool?  But this time he's aggressive about it?

1 hour ago, Cheesesteak said:

I actually think Hextall did a commendable job getting the organization back to a level spot to start from, regarding contracts, players, draft picks, etc though he did take awhile to do it, but the team WAS in that much trouble.   

So, Hex got the team back to 'head above water' status and damn, the team has sunk even further than I thought they could, like Fletch is forcing heads underwater like it's the Spanish Inquisition or something.  Sad 

Yeah, like Fletch is waterboarding the Flyers.

"Tell me you love me!  Tell me!  TELL ME.  TELL ME!!!"

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, radoran said:

The boxes are most valuable because of the catering they buy.

Empty boxes for Flyers games isn't what they are looking for.

Dave Scott also runs Comcast-Spectacor. A drop in sales and concurrent drop in concessions is one of the precipitating reasons for canning Hextall.

Not to mention,  playoff home games are almost pure margin inre players' salaries, etc. Sure other costs, but the players are a huge cost-driver which is absent.  We are about to face 3-5 consecutive years (at least ncluding the previous two) of none of this additional revenue.   It's a balance sheet nightmare.   But, it's comcast, so the only balance sheets they know is what they put in the dryer for static control.  No one told the idiots they're "bounce sheets."

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cheesesteak said:

Team is capped out with this roster.  Absolutely brutal. 

• Uggh... 1

6 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Just a crazy belief when it comes to this organization's ownership.  The main reason Hextall was removed was because it was clear(even to Scott and the board members) that he was holding back the development of youth and prospects

And your evidence is that Fletcher IS developing youth?

Yeah, you got it nailed down, man.

• Like 1