Flyers "done" for 2022 FAs

radoran

Apparently, Mr. Fletchulence and Co., are going back on the "done with free agency" comment, and pursuing Jakob Chychrun. They must have gotten wind of the fact that the fans are completely disgusted. You're welcome.

51 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Apparently, Mr. Fletchulence and Co., are going back on the "done with free agency" comment, and pursuing Jakob Chychrun.

Chychrun is signed ($4.6M) for two seasons after next and has a M-NTC that kicks in after this season.

Unless they mean former Flyer Jeff Chychrun. Who is, not surprisingly, Jakob's father... Because, of course he is.

Cap hits seem to match  up close for Sanheim (don't tell Occ).

Also, too, Sanheim - Hextall pick.

Edited by radoran

4 hours ago, radoran said:

Chychrun is signed ($4.6M) for two seasons after next and has a M-NTC that kicks in after this season.

Unless they mean former Flyer Jeff Chychrun. Who is, not surprisingly, Jakob's father... Because, of course he is.

Cap hits seem to match  up close for Sanheim (don't tell Occ).

Also, too, Sanheim - Hextall pick.

I'll keep Sanheim, thanks.

Which means this will happen.

• Like 1

Rad,

You are aware of the definition of insanity so we now have proof of those at the top of the Comcast food chain subscribing to those tenants.  Some certainly don't know anything about the game. Good luck to those who think the Flyers will receive the 1st pick.  Those only go to the other PA team.

• Like 2

It must be so weird to be Chychrun. He's been rumored to be traded for 2 full years now and linked to multiple teams and there he is stuck in the dessert. 

So far 3 definite tank teams. Chicago, Arizona and the Flyers.  Seattle not really a tank team but they didn't do much so they kind of are. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

So far 3 definite tank teams. Chicago, Arizona and the Flyers.  Seattle not really a tank team but they didn't do much so they kind of are. 

It's laughable to think the Flyers are tanking.  They are just bad at their jobs.

I guarantee the second JVR's contract ends or he can be moved they will replace it with an equally dumb contract.

You'll know they are tanking when they start trading guys like Couturier and Konecny for prospects and picks.

Edited by radoran
requested
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

I guarantee the second JVR's contract ends or he can be moved they will replace it with an equally dumb contract.

I'm thinking JVR's contract should be going to Sanheim.

I'd give him a deal for something close to what Ivan is making. 6.25 mill AAV.

6 years 37.5 mill. Or trade him at the deadline. He is NOT a 8 mill per season defenseman.

If he wants Sergachev money then he is good as gone.

The only thing that would make me nervous about moving him is Chuckles doing the trading...

...so he will trade Travis and a 2025 2nd (because that is the Flyer courtesy rule and they don't have one in 2023 and 2024) for some 30 year old 3rd line center and some scrub prospect.

It is sad we already want 2022-23 to be over already and camp/preseason hasn't even started.

Edited by radoran

52 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

It's laughable to think the Flyers are tanking. 

And yeah i hate to concede this part...

...because if this was the case that implies there is a plan.:hehe:

Edited by OccamsRazor
going to be a long year of suck ass hockey

2 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

I guarantee the second JVR's contract ends or he can be moved they won't replace it with an equally dumb contract.

For some reason I can't edit this, but I meant to say the will replace JVR with another dumb contract the second he is gone.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

It's laughable to think the Flyers are tanking.  They are just bad at their jobs.

You'll know they are tanking when they start trading guys like Couturier and Konecny for prospects and picks.

If the season starts off badly (which it will) that'll be the smart play. 

It's also obvious, regardless of what they say, that they tried to unload JVR (Buffalo, Arizona and Seattle rumoured to all be in serious talks on that at the time) and they failed so Johnny went to Columbus. It was an epic fail to say the least. 

So what option is left? Have to tank. Anything else with this roster is pointless. 

Edited by radoran

52 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

So what option is left? Have to tank. Anything else with this roster is pointless. 

Yes they have to trade off guys who will try their best to help the team win.

Because believe me they will suck but not suck enough to compete with the bottom dwellers.

What is the incentive now for the bottom teams to improve/retool/reorganize/trade unwanted guys with such a great talent about to be for the taking...all they have to do is purge and continue to play.

Teams like Buffalo, Montreal, Seattle and Arizona.

And same may go for the Sharks and Ducks one more year of rebuild why not everything to gain if you suck enough.

Gary will hand any of those teams the #1 again before he ever let's the Flyer nab one.

I accept it and well expect the worst. But that doesn't mean i have to watch...

21 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yes they have to trade off guys who will try their best to help the team win.

Because believe me they will suck but not suck enough to compete with the bottom dwellers.

Don't look at it as tanking or trading guys who can help the team win now.  Those guys can't help us do anything other than delay the inevitable.

Look at it as accelerating the rebuild with additional assets that will help the team go from being bad/mediocre to good sooner.

Also, we are a bottom dweller.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Don't look at it as tanking or trading guys who can help the team win now.  Those guys can't help us do anything other than delay the inevitable.

Look at it as accelerating the rebuild with additional assets that will help the team go from being bad/mediocre to good sooner.

Also, we are a bottom dweller.

Screenshot_2022-07-17-17-06-38-29_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg

Edited by ruxpin

Nothing positive is going to happen with the current lack of a proper hockey ops. So until the day comes when there is a stable, educated management team in place, there is zero reason for optimism. Even if the current gm decides to BITFU, he will f*&# that up too. IMHO, there are enough decent assets on the roster to turn this around, but chuckles is very obviously not equipped to do it. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

What is that looks like a Flyer brown eye...

:PopcornSmiley2:

It's the mouth of a pleco:  a bottom feeder.

or, one who sucks 

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by ruxpin

29 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

It's the mouth of a pleco:  a bottom feeder.

or, one who sucks 

maxresdefault.jpg

Wow and I just mentioned bottom feeder in one of my posts to someone here.

And it was point they were one which I agree to but I was talking the perrinial bottom feeders we all knows who they are.

I do not want the Flyers to become a perrinial one.

They have to fix this sh it and get back to entertaining hockey.

And my gut tells me I will not be tuning in next year.

So sad for all my hopes to ride on the Eagles but here we are.

If they can find a QB out of Hurts, Minshew or Strong I see at least playoff football.

• Like 1

the most recent rumor I heard was that they were indeed trying to clear cap space for Johnny Hockey and JVR was being offered to Buffalo and Seattle along with Philly's 1st in 2024 but those teams held fast wanting the first in 2023 (the good draft) so they bowed out realizing that even adding Johnny Hockey wasn't going to take them out of being a lottery team this coming season. 

So I guess that's smart for not giving up the 2023 pick but also dumb to having no cap space and allowing themselves to be backed into that corner. If Johnny was the plan, they should have had the plan ready come free agent time. 

7 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

also dumb to having no cap space and allowing themselves to be backed into that corner.

I think if they were willing to bite the bullet on Ellis, they probably had the cap space. After buying out Lindblom, they just needed to put Ellis on LTIR for the majority (or all) of next season. (I am not a certified capologist and do not play on on teevee)

Especially with Farabee's LTIR space to start the season.

So, either Ellis is going to play next season or they pretty much decided they didn't want to drop $9+M on Gaudreau.

I'm leaning towards the latter, which I am perfectly fine with.

• Good Post 1