The Flyers fans Rant Thread after D-Day (Disaster Day)

pilldoc

How do you really feel?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Flyers off season so far. (includes Trades / FA signings)

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F
  2. 2. Rate the Flyers Draft

• A - Outstanding
    • B- - Good
    • C - OK
    • D- Meh - could have been better
    • F - Epic Failure
  3. 3. How many games do the Flyers win this season?

• 50+ (Stanley Cup Bound)
    • 45-50 (Playoff Bound)
    • 35-45 (Close but no playoffs)
    • 25-35 (just a bad hockey team)
    • less than 25 (horrifically bad and in the chase for Bedard)
  4. 4. Will you watch this team at all this year .....

• Hell Yes! - I am a die hard fan no matter what
    • Yes but not as many games as in years past
    • No - the occasional score check and if I am bored or into FHL
    • Hell No! - this team is a train wreck and a disaster and not worth my time this year.
  5. 5. When do you think Fletch gets fired

• Oct. (start of the season 10-15 games in)
    • Nov or Dec (15-35 games in)
    • Jan or Feb (35-50 games in)
    • After Feb (50 + games in)
    • He will not be fired during the season

1 hour ago, radoran said:

Some interesting perspective on ol' Fletch and where the team was when he came in

and that my friend is how you destroy and organization and lose a fan base ........

When one googles "how to destroy a sports franchise" ...they will see a picture of good ol' Fletch.

• Like 3

I watched Jordan Hall and JJ on their YouTube last night.  Two insiders.  Of course, JJ's take was along these lines.  We don't know the details....we don't know what we'd have to give up....Fletcher should have chosen different words--he probably tried to throw hat in the ring, but found it wasn't possible.  

JJ's son was coached by Gaudreau's dad, so he understood Johnny's affinity for the area.  JJ is sincere.  But the insiders may not be able to exercise their journalistic freedom.  JJ did say this was a "get it done" situation and that failure to do so may impact the fan base negatively. 

I gave up after a half hour.  There may have been discussion of the headscratchers--Deslauriers and to some extent, the other AHL types.  BTW, I just saw that Curtis Lazar--a guy who has given us fits--signed with Vancouver for a million. WTF didn't we sign him for the fourth line, instead of ND?  All in, our lousy signings remind me of one of the greatest scenes of cinematic history:  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

@Howie58

Great movie!!!!!!!!!

Yes...one that speaks at many levels--artistic and philosophic.  Having a Greatest Generation dad (WWII service--'43 to '46), I appreciate that epoch...and probably read and watch too much about it.  Meanwhile, CF appears to embody madness.  And the train wreck analogy really applies to the Flyers.....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

and that my friend is how you destroy and organization and lose a fan base ........

When one googles "how to destroy a sports franchise" ...they will see a picture of good ol' Fletch.

And someone will then follow up with "b-b-b-b-b-but, Hextall!"

Another note (I think?) from that thread?

Of the 10 highest contracts on the Flyers' roster, ol' Fletch signed or traded for nine of them.

The other one will be gone next season.

14 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I just saw that Curtis Lazar--a guy who has given us fits--signed with Vancouver for a million. WTF didn't we sign him for the fourth line, instead of ND?

There are a number of signings I would have preferred - and would likely have been better for the team - that got done while ol' Fletch was working hard to overpay and overterm a goon who played for the Wild.

There are Good Things that could have happened in lieu of Gaudreau, and instead they have Deangelo and Dislorry, eh?

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

11 minutes ago, radoran said:

And someone will then follow up with "b-b-b-b-b-but, Hextall!"

Another note (I think?) from that thread?

Of the 10 highest contracts on the Flyers' roster, ol' Fletch signed or traded for nine of them.

The other one will be gone next season.

There are a number of signings I would have preferred - and would likely have been better for the team - that got done while ol' Fletch was working hard to overpay and overterm a goon who played for the Wild.

There are Good Things that could have happened in lieu of Gaudreau, and instead they have Deangelo and Dislorry, eh?

Amen Brother Rad...Amen!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

You forgot 1 of the biggest blunders for the Wild. 
Nick Leddy, who has had a long and successful career, for Cam Barker. Career stats, 310 games, mostly with Chicago, 21 goals -29 +-  

Can we say awesome?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

So, I'm obviously on board with this concept, but let's face it, dumping ol' Fletch just leaves the people who... hired Chuck Fletcher to "fix" things.

And they have proven manifestly incapable of doing so.

So, yes, by all means, fire Chuck Fletcher. But if we stop there, things aren't likely going to be much different.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, radoran said:

So, I'm obviously on board with this concept, but let's face it, dumping ol' Fletch just leaves the people who... hired Chuck Fletcher to "fix" things.

And they have proven manifestly incapable of doing so.

So, yes, by all means, fire Chuck Fletcher. But if we stop there, things aren't likely going to be much different.

And that really is the crux of the problem....isn't it.

The entire FO must be purged........

36 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

And that really is the crux of the problem....isn't it.

The entire FO must be purged........

Here is what you need to know about the Flyers upper management. Chuckles HASN"T been fired. They are as inept as he is. Arrogant, stubborn, and obviously ignorant.

Silver lining here is, all the incompetence with free-agency and this off-season writ large has led to the media ignoring the Flyers development camp, and the fact that no one can attend, because the world is on fire and all the prospects have aged out. 

good times. 

For comparison, Yzerman signed Oli Maata, David Perron, Andrew Copp, Kubalik, and Ben Chiarot. And Fletch signed a 4th liner Deslauries and the returnee Justin Braun. I mean... Why does this incompetent clown still have a job? How can the Flyers ownership be OK with this?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

How can the Flyers ownership be OK with this?

They're not OK with it.

They LIKE it. They think he's doing a good job!

Homer's finally got a puppet instead of a GM who thinks for himself.

They're thrilled.

Edited by radoran
  • Like 1
  • Uggh... 1

6 minutes ago, radoran said:

They're not OK with it.

Homer's finally got a puppet instead of a GM who thinks for himself.

They're thrilled.

Were Doomed GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Uggh... 1

9 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

It’s actually Rocky Dennis from The Mask

It's actually the Rocky Statue - which hopes to teach them about fluid movement since it has shown to be much better than the Flyers' power play in that regard.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, radoran said:

But how is it possible? I am not trying to be smart; I am genuinely perplexed... How can they like it? How can *anybody* who has even a semblance of a clue can watch this sheer nightmare unfolding and think he is doing a good job?  How can it be? 

Edited by Mad Dog

20 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

But how is it possible? I am not trying to be smart; I am genuinely perplexed... How can they like it? How can *anybody* who has even a semblance of a clue can watch this sheer nightmare unfolding and think he is doing a good job?  How can it be? 

@Mad Dog

I think @radoran is being sarcastic, tongue in cheek.  I do believe Fletch is a "yes" man and I really do think the FO has totally lost any sense of reality.  I believe, as someone else pointed out above, that they tried to target JG, but wont admit it to it, because in doing so they needed to dump JVR to someone and totally overvalued his worth.  Once that happened, like a deck of cards it all came crashing down.  Of course they would never admit to that because it would make them out to be the fools they really are.

Until Fletch and the entire FO are given their collective walking papers,  it will be dark times for this club and fanbase.

• Like 1

I'm sure someone else must have said this in a post, but it is quite ironic that they were prevented from handing out another disastrous albatross contract to the latest shiny toy because they have already handed out too many disastrous albatross contracts to other shiny toys. How long will the dysfunction go on?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, radoran said:

It's actually the Rocky Statue - which hopes to teach them about fluid movement since it has shown to be much better than the Flyers' power play in that regard.

I’ve seen more fluid movement in the toilet

• Haha 1