Kimmo Timonen and Andrej Meszaros will be out indefinitely.

Guest OzFlyer

Just saw that too.

WASHINGTON _ Defensemen Erik Gustafsson and Andreas Lilja will be paired together Sunday night when the Flyers play in Washington.

Gustafsson was recalled from Adirondack earlier Sunday. Lilja hasn’t played since Feb. 16.

On Saturday, defensemen Kimmo Timonen and Braydon Coburn missed practice, and Andrej Meszaros left practice early. Afterward, general manager Paul Holmgren said all three had “maintenance” days, implying there was nothing wrong with them.

That, obviously, was not the case. Two of the three will miss the game, and Holmgren declined talking to reporters early Sunday evening and said he would give an updated medical report through the team’s public-relations department at 6:15 p.m.

The Flyers will be aiming for their first two-game winning streak since Jan. 10-12.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/Lilja-Gus-in-Flyers-lineup.html

what the hell...you have got to be kidding me. at first i thought this was a cruel joke.

can this team catch a break just once this season.......

i cannot believe how this team has been riddled with injuries this yr....

im trying to stay optimistic..but i see the playoffs slipping out of sight now.....

someone give me a reason for hope.....

Just another good reason homer picked up Grossman and Kubina. If it's only for a few games, I'm sure that Bourdon and Gustuffson will do fine.... I don't like that Lilja will draw in though. That guy's a scrub.

someone give me a reason for hope.....

i'd say bryz must've heard your plaintive plea...

seems to me that *this* is the bryzgalov we threw a 9-year contract at. if he sticks around for a couple months, i think we'll be just fine...

INJURY UPDATE: Flyers GM Paul Holmgren: "Kimmo Timonen and Andrej Meszaros will be out indefinitely with lower body injuries."

I don't like the indefinitely bit!

they really need to stop using that word. they're overusing it. briere was 'out indefinitely' only to return less than 2 weeks later.

and i'm REALLY tired of the "lower body injury". there was a time, not long ago, when that only got trotted out during the playoffs, to not tip the other team off to what bodypart was hurting, so they couldn't target it when the guy returned. now, every injury all season long, always. we'll find out what the story is in the next couple days, why not just say now? what's the point of secrecy now, other than to get an already paraniod fan base to start coming up with stories of missing limbs and finished careers? seriously, if they don't tell us what's going on with timonen soon, what's the under/over on someone here saying he ought to just retire so we can use his cap space?