So thats what a $51 million goalie looks like...

Guest Adamflyers

Great game by Bryz! It is about time he stole a game for this team....now lets see the improved continue down the stretch. A good game against Detroit will be really nice to see.

When the man deserve his props, I am more then happy to give them to him.

I don't think he stole the game by any stretch, the team played awesome. Bryz absolutely did his job though. I guess this puts him at 'gets the job done' level, but certainly not top tier.

If he can keep this adequate level up though, who knows what can happen April and on.

I don't think he stole the game by any stretch, the team played awesome. Bryz absolutely did his job though. I guess this puts him at 'gets the job done' level, but certainly not top tier.

If he can keep this adequate level up though, who knows what can happen April and on.

I don't see how he didn't steal this game. We were out shot 34-23. Granted, the Caps didn't really put on the pressure until the last 6-7 minutes, but I think Bryz made some very good saves. I really felt that the Caps were going to pull off another late comeback win like they did against the Isles the other night. Gotta give him some credit...but also keep perspective. Still gotta take it a game at a time, but I'm glad to see a couple solid outings by the guy recently.

He stopped all of the shots that we expect him to stop. He did look solid and was not scrambling around very much. I can't wait for him to play that type of game @ home and hear the real cheers of a hockey crowd so he knows what he has been missing. Solid game by the entire team tonight. Kubina and Grossman played awesome too.

i don't know whether "stole the game" is truly appropriate for this game or not... all i know is that, after having watched the entire game, when the caps were pressing at the end of the game, i didn't have the sort of nervousness that he was going to let a softie in, as i've felt in previous games.

agreed, he looked comfortable and in control. if he keeps this up, the flyers will be fine. and, maybe, one day, i'll stop wincing on every shot.

that's gonna take a lot of these type games. i was wincing the end of every period and especially the last 5 min of the game when the flyers decided it was a good idea to hang in their own zone and watch the ping pong match.

The Flyers were outshot and outplayed and need a rookie playing his 6th game to bail them out. Gotta give this one to Bryzgalov.

Dude, we never score against back-up goalies.

It's a minor miracle that we didn't go to a shootout in a 0-0 game.

Anyone else notice that Bryz stayed on his feet a lot more today?

He stayed bigger in the net. I really do think that is all he needs to do in order to get his game back.

Yes i did and I only had a chance to watch the game haphazardly as I packed for a trip. I did catch the highlights and i remember on a number of occasions thinking the same thing. Great observation.

I guess it is just a matter of opinion as far as stealing the game. I felt like the team played well in front of him at times, but also got caught running around from time to time and he came up with some key saves to bail them out. Whether he stole the game or not, I think we can all agree that he played the way we had hoped he would all season and if he plays like this the rest of the way, this team has a shot at making a run.

Meltzer suggested this morning that Bryzgalov got in the Caps' head. I think maybe he did, which represents my standard for a goaltender with a $51MM contract: he has to get into opponent's heads and do it often. With two of our top 6 down indefinitely, now would be a very good time for him to start doing what he's paid to do.

Great game by Bryz! It is about time he stole a game for this team....now lets see the improved continue down the stretch. A good game against Detroit will be really nice to see.

I agree , I'll give Breezy his props for last night.. he made a great save on the breakaway..

You don't see how? A lot of the Caps chances in the first period were extremely high quality. At the time of the time out, the shots were 19-9. He stopped breakaways, he stopped good chances in the slot. For a team missing it's top three defensemen, no less.

Great game by Bryz! It is about time he stole a game for this team....now lets see the improved continue down the stretch. A good game against Detroit will be really nice to see. When the man deserve his props, I am more then happy to give them to him.

He played a great game, hopefully this is the kind of goaltending we'll see from now on from a guy being paid $10 million this year to play. Hopefully he's getting more confortable in the nets and keeps it going.

I guess it is just a matter of opinion as far as stealing the game. I felt like the team played well in front of him at times, but also got caught running around from time to time and he came up with some key saves to bail them out. Whether he stole the game or not, I think we can all agree that he played the way we had hoped he would all season and if he plays like this the rest of the way, this team has a shot at making a run.

I tell ya i haven't seen the stats but Grossman must have blocked 1,000 shots.

He and Kubina are a welcome surprise to this Dcorp.

Their size was really noticeable last night, the Caps tried with little reward to push them around.

Really loved the physical play of Grossman to out muscle Brouwer behind the net and just SLAMMED Brouwer....love it. Nice gritty presence along the blueline. Great move by Homie to accuire this guys without giving up a prospect off the current roster. Plus they get an audition to decide if they want to resign them after the season.

I think most people nailed it: he played solid...... probably the best I've seen him play in the O&B uniform. But this was a very strong team performance as well. But this was not in a 'wow'-type category which I am patiently waiting to see from him. But he looked aggressive and comfortable in net, and maybe this is to take as a building block, hopefully.

I think most people nailed it: he played solid...... probably the best I've seen him play in the O&B uniform. But this was a very strong team performance as well. But this was not in a 'wow'-type category which I am patiently waiting to see from him. But he looked aggressive and comfortable in net, and maybe this is to take as a building block, hopefully.

It reminded me of his W last time he played in DC, where he kept the team in a 0-0 tie until a late second period softee got the Flyers rolling. Maybe facing Ovechkin helps focus his game, cuz he was locked in last night. Many good tests upcoming in the next two weeks (DET/NJ/BOS/PENS) to see if he can consistently hit that gear.

It reminded me of his W last time he played in DC, where he kept the team in a 0-0 tie until a late second period softee got the Flyers rolling. Maybe facing Ovechkin helps focus his game, cuz he was locked in last night. Many good tests upcoming in the next two weeks (DET/NJ/BOS/PENS) to see if he can consistently hit that gear.

Yes a great measuring stick beginning with the Wings. Injuries or not it's the Wings and they are still a great bunch. Alot of pressure on Byz to win this night.

Wing injuries no excuse. Flyers haven't dealt with it all season part of the game.

Flyers had 13 guys not on this roster last year and 6 rookies in last night lineup.

Hope Bryz keeps it rolling. Would love a shutout of Howe night.