Wild Fans Speak: 2022-23 Pre-Season Edition

CreaseAndAssist

12 hours ago, Tomdog said:

Not a surprise as St,Louis played most of their regular lineup. 

I agree. The Wild should use same strategy - the last 3 preseason games we should play with our regular lineup to build a better chemistry for the regular season.

23 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

C8DAC9C7-5AF3-4416-A766-7FA9E259630A.jpeg

Nice. I am happy that Rossi and Boldy are active and productive during this preseason period. So far we have 5 wins out of 6 games. Hope we will be able to win or at least be competitive against St. Louis team during the last game of this preseason.

Michael Russo@RussoHockey

Rossi on skating with Kaprizov and Zuccarello: “It was awesome. Incredibly good players. It was a big honor.”

Hope, they will play and produce lots of points together for this club as they did yesterday. Rossi has already 8 points this preseason (2 goals; 6 assists). So far I am impressed.

Actually we will play against Dallas team the last game of the preseason on Saturday, Oct.8. And the 1st game of the regular season we will be playing next Thursday,Oct.13 on our home ice against New York Rangers team. Our season we will start with 4 home games(NYR; LAK; AVS; VAN). Any predictions for this start?

We had last night these lines in offense:

Kaprizov-Rossi-Zuccarello

Gaudreau-Steel-Boldy

Jost-Dewar-Duhaime

Shaw-Petan-Fogarty 

Hartman; EEK, Foligno did not play yesterday. Not sure about Greenway, because I didn't see him playing during the preseason. I would like to see initially during the regular season these lines which had previously a nice chemistry:

Kaprizov - Hartman - Zuccarello;

Gaudreau - Rossi - Boldy;

Jost - EEK - Foligno;

Shaw - Dewar - Duhaime.

Of course, these lines could be changed depending on results during the season .

Edited by Alexandron

I think after this preseason, Evason needs to get rid of his bias towards Gaudreau.  It just isn't 'team centric'.  In my opinion, The Boldy Line (as I will call it right now, should be:  Rossi, Jost, and Boldy.  Gaudrea fits better as the Greenway replacement for now, and after Greenway comes back - you decide what to do with him.  I simply believe Jost and Rossi need to be provided with similarly skilled linemates and some stability with Boldy until they prove otherwise.  Gaudreau is old in comparative, has reached his ceiling, and if he is the 'swiss army' knife that Evason claims he is, continuity of linemates and roles should mean the least to him.  (He was never a good fit with the skillset of Fiala or Boldy either, as evidence by all his 'whiffs' on perfectly placed passes throughout the season).  I know I am NOT the only with these opinions, but I wish Evason would be forced to deal with this reality and lose his 'man crush' on FG.

I think Gaudreau is just fine.  He's a Swiss Army knife, a lot of utility.  I think he provides a lot of bang for the buck.  Rossi will get his chance and he'll still get power play time where his skills will work well with more time and space.  

I'm pretty pleased with how the roster looks right now.  I am hoping with Rossi and Addison getting power play time we'll actually be a little dangerous with the man advantage.  Steel, Jost and even Shaw and Petan have been battling well to make the final cuts pretty tough.  That's a win-win for the Wild.  

• Good Post 1

9 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

I think Gaudreau is just fine.  He's a Swiss Army knife, a lot of utility.  I think he provides a lot of bang for the buck.  Rossi will get his chance and he'll still get power play time where his skills will work well with more time and space.  

I'm pretty pleased with how the roster looks right now.  I am hoping with Rossi and Addison getting power play time we'll actually be a little dangerous with the man advantage.  Steel, Jost and even Shaw and Petan have been battling well to make the final cuts pretty tough.  That's a win-win for the Wild.  

Of course you think he is 'just fine.'  He left at least a dozen easy finish goals outstanding last year with the hole in his stick and due to his errant shots, that a bantam could bury.  His skill is nowhere near the alternatives.  He is a player that drags down his line.  He is also 29 years old and at his ceiling, and we need to see whether Jost (a top 10 pick) is worth re-signing as a 'found asset', and Rossi (a top 10 pick) is worth wasting on the 4th line grinding away.   No objective coach would make this decision.  In any case, not an informed take, just an opinion that is contrarian (like a few years ago when Kirill was a rookie) 🙄.  Not surprised.  

It looks like we are going to see these lines of the main roster:

Kaprizov-Hartman-Zuccarello;

Jost-Rossi-Boldy;

Gaudreau-EEK-Foligno;

Steel-Dewar-Duhaime.

I think team performed not bad at all during this preseason. We had 6 wins out of 7 games. And Rossi had 9 points (2 goals;7 assists) during that time. Hopefully, our 2nd (youngsters) line will be competitive in points production to the 1st line. Our 3rs line will be more physical and maybe the 4th line too.

1 hour ago, Alexandron said:

It looks like we are going to see these lines of the main roster:

Kaprizov-Hartman-Zuccarello;

Jost-Rossi-Boldy;

Gaudreau-EEK-Foligno;

Steel-Dewar-Duhaime.

I think team performed not bad at all during this preseason. We had 6 wins out of 7 games. And Rossi had 9 points (2 goals;7 assists) during that time. Hopefully, our 2nd (youngsters) line will be competitive in points production to the 1st line. Our 3rs line will be more physical and maybe the 4th line too.

Unless something has changed or he’s mistaken, Russo says Steel is going to center  Jost and Boldy and that for now Rossi will center the 4th line with Dewar and Duhaime.