2022-23 HF.net Sweet 16 Hall of Fame FHL - In Season Discussion Thread

pilldoc

13 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

This is strange.  Didn't know preseason games were on the clock this fantasy season.

I'm currently beating yave 10-1 due to preseason games 

Seriously??
They shouldn't be.

I figured the two games in Europe ahead of the North American start should count, but the preseason ones shouldn't...

The NHL regular season started in Europe and those games count. (Preds vs. Sharks)

image.png.576fe6b0bac6d62b819795865de64a12.png

All other games are preseason and DO NOT count.

As you can clearly see by my own team, Meier registered points.  Kyrou is playing right now and no points are being registered.

Everyone can breathe a sigh of relief.......

image.png.4502cc30693c4f4783c4d70f3854d8d5.png

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

@pilldoc
This Hurricane Taz dude who has the brilliantly named "My Team"....who is that?

Doesn't appear they are setting lineups.
Players on IR that should be moved, active players left on the bench during game days, etc.

great (smh)

already dealing with issues….

200.gif

Edited by pilldoc

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I'd reach out to the person, but I don't believe they are a member here.

Maybe they watched the new Quantum Leap show and haven't regained consciousness?

52 minutes ago, Math said:

I just noticed that the one who has the most PIM gets the score. Shouldn't be the other way round?

Otherwise, I'll go all-in for Borowiecki !

Yep.

The PIMs category is one which defies all the other categories.
The more idiotic the player is, the better you do in that category if you have that player.

A few years back, GM's in our leagues grabbed guys like Antoine Roussel, Zac Rinaldo, or a Ryan Reaves in hopes they'd do something crazy, pick up some minors, maybe a major, then cap things off with a final 5, 10 and the gate to finish off their night.....pretty much guaranteeing they'd win you the PIMs category. :bigteeth: 

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

Holy crap, I was sure it was a bug in the Yahoo platform. So let's tank for Brendan Lemieux ! :5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

(I'm a rookie GM of an expansion team, so I got a free pass this season. Maybe I should have gone with No Stars as my team as I first thought)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Math said:

I just noticed that the one who has the most PIM gets the score. Shouldn't be the other way round?

Otherwise, I'll go all-in for Borowiecki !

I've done that. But Borowiecki gets you little in any category except peripherals.  

If PIMs were reversed to most loses it would make going after hits + blocks guys way less valuable and everyone would just go for skill players.

boro Makes a good guy to sub in hoping for a hail mary 10 + game if you are behind on PIMs though

PIMs is why Tkachuk and evander kane is so valued on top of Hits and shots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/2/2022 at 8:13 PM, J0e Th0rnton said:

I would rather have 1 too many than to have to spot start the Coyotes goalie just to make my weekly minimum.

It's exactly what I was obliged to do after realizing that I totally screwed up my draft towards goalie selection :lol:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Math said:

It's exactly what I was obliged to do after realizing that I totally screwed up my draft towards goalie selection :lol:

But hey, since I do have 4 goalies, could always barter one to ya 😛

That was the other reason I grabbed 4 lol. With 16 teams, starting goalies are solid gold in value.

And trade complete between Math and the sharks!

C/LW Elias Pettersen for  G John Gibson.

I like the look of Elias with Boudreau coaching, but time will tell. I get him every year and then regret it.

Math gets a workhorse starting goalie so he won't need to run the Arizona goalie anymore.

• Like 1

Congratz to Yave on winning our Rivalry week match lol

I ALMOST came back. Was down 12-3 for most of the week and did my usual weekend explosion. Score ended up 7-8

I was only behind by 1 assist, 1 ppg, tied in SHP (both of us getting 2 shorties lol)

But im looking at the positives of the week. Matt Murray got injured, which Hurts me in the keeper league since I own him, but helps me here since I own Samsonov. Carter Hart played very well and the Tortorella system is improving philly even in the absence of superstars. Saros poopped the bed in 2 of 3 games this week and I still ran away with goalie cats.

I now have 3  starting goalies and acquired Pettersen for Gibson, who should help my scoring and SOG with a few FOW from wing. And I looked at other scores and feel I may have fares well against anyone and I took the 1st overall draft man @yave1964to the limit lol

how did your weeks go folks? We need to get some chatter going!

I've got a tremendous goaltening week thank to the two worst starters in my roster, compiling a magnificient 0-3 record, 6.67 GAA and .847 sv%. Despite of that, I got all the goaltending scores because my opponent didn't reach the three goalie appearence mark.

Oh, and great -17 in +/- overall. For the rest that was pretty close. And having centers that actually play center might be a cool idea too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Math said:

I've got a tremendous goaltening week thank to the two worst starters in my roster, compiling a magnificient 0-3 record, 6.67 GAA and .847 sv%. Despite of that, I got all the goaltending scores because my opponent didn't reach the three goalie appearence mark.

Oh, and great -17 in +/- overall. For the rest that was pretty close. And having centers that actually play center might be a cool idea too.

welcome to the madness known as FHL 😁

6 hours ago, Math said:

That might be the worst goalie score I have ever seen sweep and win goalie categories LOL

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Got to my phone while still in my car in front of my house after being delayed in traffic coming from the shore. Probably no more than a minute too late to set roster. Grrr 

Oh man, you have 3 Rags players on the bench in a game vs Anaheim? That sucks lol