2022-23 HF.net Sweet 16 Hall of Fame FHL - In Season Discussion Thread

pilldoc

Another goalie management epic fail:

1. Putting Varlamov on waivers prior to the game as Sorokin is supposed to be the starter.

2. Getting Martin AND Stolarz to get two starters.

3. Having both taking the lead and ending up losing both games

4. Seeing Varlamov in goal with the Isles and get the win.

5. :hithead:

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 1

20 hours ago, Math said:

Another goalie management epic fail:

1. Putting Varlamov on waivers prior to the game as Sorokin is supposed to be the starter.

2. Getting Martin AND Stolarz to get two starters.

3. Having both taking the lead and ending up losing both games

4. Seeing Varlamov in goal with the Isles and get the win.

5. :hithead:

Goalies can be infuriating week by week.

15 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Goalies can be infuriating week by week.

Can I have Pettersson back and I'll give you Gibson? I played a bit harsh with him, he's a bit broken with some scratches but I think he's repairable... :InnocentSmiley:  

• Uggh... 1

5 hours ago, Math said:

Can I have Pettersson back and I'll give you Gibson? I played a bit harsh with him, he's a bit broken with some scratches but I think he's repairable... :InnocentSmiley:  

Amazing how much things can change in a few games.

When we made that trade pettersen had 1 point in 2 games and Gibson had a 44 save win.

At the same time I made you that offer, I was offering samsonov to the Murray owner for svechnikov, who declined and said he was happy with his goalies. Now he is rocking valjekma and 3 backups on his roster to make starts since Murray got injured.

Was hoping to flip the FOW category on ya @pilldoc, and my guys are doing well there, yet you keep pulling away on that.
When I go look, you have Anze Freakin Kopitar going OFF at the face off dot! 
16 FOW??? Holy crap.....

Imma need an equal showing from Bo Horvat a bit later on. :shifty: 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Was hoping to flip the FOW category on ya @pilldoc, and my guys are doing well there, yet you keep pulling away on that.
When I go look, you have Anze Freakin Kopitar going OFF at the face off dot! 
16 FOW??? Holy crap.....

Imma need an equal showing from Bo Horvat a bit later on. :shifty: 

still close…. Though I might have wrapped up goalie stats….

On 10/22/2022 at 10:49 PM, pilldoc said:

still close…. Though I might have wrapped up goalie stats….

How am I playing @yave1964again week 4 when I played him week 1?

Not that I am complaining. I enjoy playing yave so much I am in 3 leagues with him LOL

Just curious about the schedule

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

How am I playing @yave1964again week 4 when I played him week 1?

Not that I am complaining. I enjoy playing yave so much I am in 3 leagues with him LOL

Just curious about the schedule

Scheduling quirk I guess.
I am playing the generic GM I played in Wk 1 also.

I suspect everyone is like that?

Playing the same person they did in Wk 3 as they did in Wk 1?

After that, the schedule then goes through each GM in turn.

22 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

It's different for each of us, apparently.   I imagine with 16 teams and 22 weeks that the 8 "extra" weeks are fairly randomly scheduled.  My first "repeat" is Doc.  I played him week 1 and will again week 7.

2 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Im looking forward to it myself. @yave1964and I had a match so close that a lot of categories could have flipped off a single point.

Since then he has steamrolled his next 2 matches 17-1 and 14-2(current)

But we play again for a 3rd time week 19 the week of the trade deadline. its like destiny

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

Just like my politics my team is skewed hard to the left, lol. I need to swap a LW for a RW if anyone looks at your roster and sees the opposite polarization HMUn with an offer....

Troy Terry or pavelski for Tkachuk lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Troy Terry or pavelski for Tkachuk lol

oh I am talking in sweet 16 but no, Tkachuk is staying hwere he is. He will be top five for Pims, hits, shots and 90 plus points. The boy is staying put. There is only one player in fantasy who I would trade Tkachuk for with all the cats that he singlehandedly wins, that is Draisatl and I already have him. No kidding, at all, in a banger league I wouldnt trade Tkachuk for Mcdavid. That other league we are in I have thrown four or five offers trying to nab him, he is on the worst team in the league, I even offered Makar but so far no luck.....

Trying to decide if I boned myself with this trade or not if Hart falls off. And I'm drunk which doesn't help.

But divine swine ice pigs trade Makar and Pavelski to the sharknado for Samsonov and Larsson. 

I still felt average in goals, points, SOG and powerplay points and feel like having 2 workhorse starters in Hart and Saros may be enough to keep winning if I improve some weaker scoring areas.

TRADE ALERT

To Divine Swine: 

• Samsonov (G)
  • Larsson(D)

To the Sharknados:

• Makar (D)
  • Pavelski (C/RW)

Yeah I take a bit of hit in scoring and FOW department, but losing Oettinger scared the bejeezus out of me.  With 16 teams, trying to stream a Goalie has suddenly become very hard.  Once Oettinger is healthy I can roll 3 Goalies.  

Changing directions on how I want to handle my defense.  I loved Makar, but hindsight  being 20/20.... I SHOULD have drafted Shester.  In essence I overthought something I should have never overthought.  I won't make that mistake again .......

18 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I SHOULD have drafted Shester.  In essence I overthought something I should have never overthought.

The Hell Bears thank you.

Edited by ruxpin

On the bright side, drafting too many goalies due to goalie shortage caused by 16 teams was a strategy I wanted to try due to my low draft position and it seems to have worked as I hoped in terms of returns. I can look at it as getting a guy drafted 5th overall for a guy I drafted 77th overall and getting a guy drafted 60th overall for a guy I drafted 125th overall.

On the negative side, one of my goalies is now Cal Petersen. Who I could not resist picking up when I saw him dropped because I felt another goalie could be an asset

2 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

On the bright side, drafting too many goalies due to goalie shortage caused by 16 teams was a strategy I wanted to try due to my low draft position and it seems to have worked as I hoped in terms of returns. I can look at it as getting a guy drafted 5th overall for a guy I drafted 77th overall and getting a guy drafted 60th overall for a guy I drafted 125th overall.

On the negative side, one of my goalies is now Cal Petersen. Who I could not resist picking up when I saw him dropped because I felt another goalie could be an asset

Yeah I did not know how I was gonna play this out come draft time.  I definitely learned somethings moving forward.....

• Like 1