pilldoc

TRADE ALERT #2

To Divine Swine: 

• Grandlund (C)
  • Forsberg (LW)

To Foil:

• Larkin (C)
  • Kyrou (LW/RW)

So it boils down to having too many RW and @yave1964 and his merry men of Foil needing RW's.  Forsberg was the obvious target.  Was willing to give up Kyrou who is off to a slow start.  However to sweeten the pot a bit, Dave loves Larkin.  I give up SOG and FOW but gain a more solid winger.  Grandlund, who plays both 1st Line minutes and PP1 was added to help offset the loss of FOW .

IMO good deal for both of us.  I get a stronger winger and a serviceable Center.  Dave gets a struggling winger with a high ceiling and a very stronger Center in Larkin.

2 Days and 2 Trades for the Ice Pigs

OUT: Makar / Pavelski / Larkin / Kyrou

IN: Samsonov / Forsberg / Larsson / Grandlund

I now get a 3rd starting Goalie WITHOUT have to give up a Goalie.  I get stronger LW back, thought I did take a hit in SOG/FOW by losing both Pavelski/Larkin.

Hated to give up Makar but I needed to go in a different direction in defense and get stronger with peripherals.

As mentioned above, Goalies will be a premium with a 16 team League and if one goes down you could be screwed as streaming is extremely hard now..  Like I mentioned above, Oettinger getting hurt scared the bejeezus out of me .......

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

TRADE ALERT #2

To Divine Swine: 

• Grandlund (C)
  • Forsberg (LW)

To Foil:

• Larkin (C)
  • Kyrou (LW/RW)

So it boils down to having too many RW and @yave1964 and his merry men of Foil needing RW's.  Forsberg was the obvious target.  Was willing to give up Kyrou who is off to a slow start.  However to sweeten the pot a bit, Dave loves Larkin.  I give up SOG and FOW but gain a more solid winger.  Grandlund, who plays both 1st Line minutes and PP1 was added to help offset the loss of FOW .

IMO good deal for both of us.  I get a stronger winger and a serviceable Center.  Dave gets a struggling winger with a high ceiling and a very stronger Center in Larkin.

2 Days and 2 Trades for the Ice Pigs

OUT: Makar / Pavelski / Larkin / Kyrou

IN: Samsonov / Forsberg / Larsson / Grandlund

I now get a 3rd starting Goalie WITHOUT have to give up a Goalie.  I get stronger LW back, thought I did take a hit in SOG/FOW by losing both Pavelski/Larkin.

Hated to give up Makar but I needed to go in a different direction in defense and get stronger with peripherals.

As mentioned above, Goalies will be a premium with a 16 team League and if one goes down you could be screwed as streaming is extremely hard now..  Like I mentioned above, Oettinger getting hurt scared the bejeezus out of me ....

TWO TRADES FOR THE FOIL AS WELL

IN  Larkin/Kyrou/Chabot/Fleury

OUT Hakanpaa/Bergeron/boeser/Vlader

I didnt list Forsberg/Granlund because they were in and out and never really part of the team. They were added to subtract if that makes sense. 

Bergeron/Larkin Advantage Bergeron but Larkin is absolutely not chopped liver, pretty close

Boeser/Kyrou Advantage pretty even. Both have enormous potential both off to slow start. I wanted Kyrou for his ability to play both L@/RW on a smaller roster

Hakanpaa/Chabot honestly IMHO it dependson need, I feel Hakanpaa is tremendously underrated in a banger league Chabot lots more offense maybe a slight endge

Vlader/Fleury not even close, huge advantage Flower

So a couple of coin flips. a slight loss in the Bergeron/Larkin deal and an outright steal with Flower over Vlader. Plus I reall,y really wanted Larkin as a Wings fan.I like my team better now. 

Saw that Doc picked Hakanpaa up today, i was looking my roster over and didnt have anyone I wanted to cut to add him which frustrated me because he really is a good slid player.

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Doc we can veto that trade if you want.

Samsonov just didn't come out for the 3rd period and it's saying potential knee injury

This must be a prelude to how my overnight shift will go

Angry Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

Well, seems that none of the players I traded for @yave1964 is with him anymore, except Fleury lol.

As a recall, we made the following deal: Fleury/Grandlund/Forsberg/Chabot for Bergeron/Boeser/Hakanpää/Vladar after a few back and forth. Losing Fleury was hurting but I stregthen my center position and gain peripherals as my team was a bit too much one-dimensional and I'm gambling on Grubauer's return rather sooner than later.

Still in Expansion team mode with a try/error-try/success approach and I'm measuring now how goalies can be a killer in this format.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Math said:

Well, seems that none of the players I traded for @yave1964 is with him anymore, except Fleury lol.

As a recall, we made the following deal: Fleury/Grandlund/Forsberg/Chabot for Bergeron/Boeser/Hakanpää/Vladar after a few back and forth. Losing Fleury was hurting but I stregthen my center position and gain peripherals as my team was a bit too much one-dimensional and I'm gambling on Grubauer's return rather sooner than later.

Still in Expansion team mode with a try/error-try/success approach and I'm measuring now how goalies can be a killer in this format.

Players on @yave1964's teams NEVER fully unpack their suitcases.
If you want a classic example of a 'liquid' fluent team, look no further than Puttin on the Foil.

With the exception of a small handful of Yave staple players, almost all are nomads. 
Learn this. :bigteeth: 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

27 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Players on @yave1964's teams NEVER fully unpack their suitcases.
If you want a classic example of a 'liquid' fluent team, look no further than Puttin on the Foil.

With the exception of a small handful of Yave staple players, almost all are nomads. 
Learn this. :bigteeth: 

don’t forget about Mr. Travel agent himself, @ruxpin and his never ending quest to max out the league’s max trade rule 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Math said:

Hated dealing Bergeron but Fleury gives me the deepest trio of goalies in the league in a 16 team league I dontneed to stream backups or hope for someone elses starter to go down and snag the backup before anyone else, lol. Forsberg for Larkin replaces most of the faceoffs. 

@TropicalFruitGirl26mentioned my fluid roster which is very true. I build my team around unbeatable shots/hits/blocks/faceoffs and usually PIMs as well although they are a bit more difficult to assess week to week. Then i load up on goalies and lock up shots. Essentially before a week even begins i am up 6-0 onmy opponent. I played the incredibly talented team run by the incredible owner @J0e Th0rnton this week. I won five of the six cats that i lock up every week, and because my team is built to win those cats I beat his team 10-6. I let a lot of owners fight over Johnny Hockey and Kyle Conner, as a rule I wouldnt have those guys on my team on a bet. Now scoring is higher now than ever before so I have to have a few scorers but I go with Tkachuk and players like that that score and get periphral points as well.

I have won this league for four years in a row and the other banger league, Smythe the only two years that i was in it. If i have advise it would be to add guys like Bergeron who gets plus/minus, short handed points, millions of faceoffs, top ten in hits. I hated dealing him but was looking to balance my roster. IMHO you got a top 20 player in Bergeron out of the deal and one to hold onto for dear life, I got my goalie, a good defenseman in Chabot, Larkin to replace 80 percent of what Bergeron does and Kyrou who is off to a bit of a slow start but who had 75 points last year abd i have no doubt he will catch fire.  bit long winded, sorry, welcome to the league.

@Math

One move you made, not cracking on you just pointing something out to you that I noticed was you cut Hakanpaa right off which I dont think i woulda done. Truth is i almost cut Chabot and picked hakanpaa back up because he is going to finish top ten in Pims and hits, maybe even higher than ten, with lots of blocks as well. Very few points but a guy like that can win you two cats in a good week all by himself. @pilldocsnatched him up. I was so torn about picking him up and cutting Chabot but i already have Martinez, Trouba, Pietrangelo and Gudas who all do the same thing. Grab guys like that whenever you can, cut the guys who only get points in one or two categories, they are worthless. 

• Like 1

@yave1964 Yeah, can't argue with that. Hakanpää got some diversity in my D corps but then I had both Heiskanen and Hugues coming off of IR. I had to make some crucial decision and going bottom-6 center playing on PP2 and/or PK top unit to bring some toughness, hit, blocks and FO. Let's see where this goes under the Catherine-Trammel principle: Let's move forward and do it, just to see if I can get out of it :lol:

PS: I've seen that a couple of times, what's a banger league ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Math said:

@yave1964 Yeah, can't argue with that. Hakanpää got some diversity in my D corps but then I had both Heiskanen and Hugues coming off of IR. I had to make some crucial decision and going bottom-6 center playing on PP2 and/or PK top unit to bring some toughness, hit, blocks and FO. Let's see where this goes under the Catherine-Trammel principle: Let's move forward and do it, just to see if I can get out of it :lol:

PS: I've seen that a couple of times, what's a banger league ?

Banger leagues have more categories, many are just scoring and goaltending, banger leagues have hits.blocks and PIms.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

@J0e Th0rnton
We meet again!

This time, instead of Ice Kickers vs Sharkticons, we have Star Blades vs Sharknado.
Good luck to you this week, my friend....but not TOO much. ;) 

I do hope to get you close to that cigar, but not quite, once again. :bigteeth: 

Hope we have a good match! May Beshaba and Tymora bless us.

Or Tyche can bless us both

Only a D&D nerd would understand that.

Another top team to test my mettle against!

1 minute ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

This one is to the wire tied 8-8 @TropicalFruitGirl26!

Yep.
Dealing with the same situation in NAHANA as well.

I had gotten used to pretty much dominating the peripherals categories in our Sweet 16 League, but you took ownership of 3 of 4 this week and all other cats are mostly close, and for ONCE, I am not grossly outmanned in games on a Sunday (only behind by 2) :) 

40 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Yep.

I had gotten used to pretty much dominating the peripherals categories in our Sweet 16 League, but you took ownership of 3 of 4 this week and all other cats are mostly close, and for ONCE, I am not grossly outmanned in games on a Sunday (only behind by 2) :) 

I'm already losing all goalie cats so a hail mary with rittich seems to be in the cards.

16 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Yep.

Good match @TropicalFruitGirl26!

I went to bed before the jets game, but I had a "nothing to lose" scenario picking up Rittich as a Hail Mary and he managed to flip 1 cat and tie another.

At least with this win I managed to sneak into a Playoff spot. You are still in the top 3. I am Hoping for some easier matches for awhile. Playing the #1 team twice and the #2 team once in the first 5 matches set me back bigtime in the standings

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

@Mad Dog

Not having any issues.    Just tagged you in a post to see if you can access.

Nope... Really weird. I can't access it from anywhere. 

This is the message that pops up: You do not have permission to view this topic.

Edited by Mad Dog

3 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

XXXX...XXXXXX XXXXXX X XXXXX XXXXXX XX XXXX XXXXXXXX

XXXX XX XXX XXXXXXX XXXX XXXX XXX XXX XX XXX XXXX XXXXXXXXXX XX XXXX XXXX XXXXXX

Weird.  On my screen it's all XXX's   Does it keep the X's when I quote it?  It does on my end, but not sure of yours.

• Haha 2