2022-23 HF.net Sweet 16 Hall of Fame FHL - In Season Discussion Thread

pilldoc

Big trade fellas. Big names going both ways.  

Akof gets draisatl and flower 

@ruxpin gets vanacek, guentzel and Scheifelle. Wow 

Hey I just realized draisatl and flower were his gets in our big deal three weeks ago so rux, your trade turned into 

Scheifelle, vanacek and guentzel 

For 

shester, Aho, Bennett and provorov. 

Goalies I get slight edge, main centers a wash so provorov/Bennett for Jake is the last part.

As for akof I think he will discover as the rest of us have that flower owns just a tad over half the net on a medium good team so big loss in net. Draisatl is a monster, I love the two forwards he gave up but would deal him for them any day. Still I give a slight edge to rux because vanacek is the better goalie by a mile right now. 

Basically it's almost a 3 team trade akof gets the best player, I get the depth and rux gets damn good talent including a couple of his favorite players. Win win win 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Big trade fellas. Big names going both ways.  

Akof gets draisatl and flower 

@ruxpin gets vanacek, guentzel and Scheifelle. Wow 

Hey I just realized draisatl and flower were his gets in our big deal three weeks ago so rux, your trade turned into 

Scheifelle, vanacek and guentzel 

For 

shester, Aho, Bennett and provorov. 

Goalies I get slight edge, main centers a wash so provorov/Bennett for Jake is the last part.

As for akof I think he will discover as the rest of us have that flower owns just a tad over half the net on a medium good team so big loss in net. Draisatl is a monster, I love the two forwards he gave up but would deal him for them any day. Still I give a slight edge to rux because vanacek is the better goalie by a mile right now. 

Basically it's almost a 3 team trade akof gets the best player, I get the depth and rux gets damn good talent including a couple of his favorite players. Win win win 

I like the deal for Rux more due to goaltending being so thin in a 16 team league.

Essentially Forwards get 12 categories to goalies 6 categories. So 3 or so goalies count for 33% of the categories every week. Often you will need to sub in a backup here and there if your week starts bad. Draisaitl is so good he basically counts as 2 skaters. If you carry 3 goalies you also carry 14 skaters, so being so good you count as 2 has diminishing returns. Guentzel and Scheifele are both solid above average skaters.

If vanecek regresses then it will be more even.

But Swayman/Talbot/Fleury isn't bad. There are worse trios in this league.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok ....Trade alert!

To @Math : Samsonov

To Ice Pigs: Kucherov

I needed scoring especially in assists.  Kuch gives me that.  I had an extra goalie.  I hate Binnington and have tried to unload to no avail.  @Math gets help in net.

Went back and forth for a bit but ultimately we settled on a 1 on 1 swap.

We both get what we needed.

Edited by pilldoc
oops! :)
  • Like 1

Samsonov, and not Swayman ;)

A bit of a gamble as Samsonov status is not quite settled yet in Toronto, and we both hate Binnington lol. Kuchenov is a production machine and I had room in assists while needing a goalie capable to win games and having a decent D in front of him. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Ok ....Trade alert!

To @Math : Samsonov

To Ice Pigs: Kucherov

I needed scoring especially in assists.  Kuch gives me that.  I had an extra goalie.  I hate Binnington and have tried to unload to no avail.  @Math gets help in net.

Went back and forth for a bit but ultimately we settled on a 1 on 1 swap.

We both get what we needed.

Binnington eh? I guess it depends what you want for him.

9 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Binnington eh? I guess it depends what you want for him.

Unless I get a quality starter back I don't see moving him anymore.  Looking at your roster I would need a quality goalie coming back.

I don't think you are giving up Hart / Saros.  I would ask for Copley in return.  What else would you give up?

• 3 weeks later...

played @J0e Th0rnton for the third time this year, this one was as close as the other two but I will happily take the three game sweep after sweating out a 8-7 nailbiter in which nearly every category both ways was contested, really this one (as both the others) coulda went either way. The three scores were

10-6

8-7

8-7

Simply wow. Hoping to dodge the Sharknado bulet come playoff time. Good match as always sir

• Annoyed 1

Trade deadline coming up, looking for a 

Third starting goalie. Doesnt have to be great, just servicable and not on a sucky team

Maybe a decent little more scoring from defense

Bait is Sebastian Aho 

Dont really need a blockbuster, just looking for a goalie and to tweak.

2 hours ago, yave1964 said:

played @J0e Th0rnton for the third time this year, this one was as close as the other two but I will happily take the three game sweep after sweating out a 8-7 nailbiter in which nearly every category both ways was contested, really this one (as both the others) coulda went either way. The three scores were

10-6

8-7

8-7

Simply wow. Hoping to dodge the Sharknado bulet come playoff time. Good match as always sir

Variance is on my side! Even pocket aces loses 1 in 4.5 times!

Good match mate lol

All stars trade

Halifax trades Copley, Pavelski and Dobson to Hell Bears for Hellebuyck

Copley wins many games and loses few at 18-4-2, but his GAA and SV% isn't great, but his starting gig is secure with Quick being traded out. Hellebuyck plays more at 26-18-2 and has a better GAA and SV% overall, so I had to add. Dobson is a strong offensive Dman who is 5th in SOG among Defensemen and still blocks a lot of shots and gets a good chunk of PPP. Pavelski, well, does it all. RW eligible, wins faceoffs, hits, blocks and scores a PPG.

With Vanecek and Copley, Rux can still have strong goaltending and this gives him more forward depth for a hail mary to make the playoffs. I have to make room for Makar and Evander Kane coming off my IR so 3 for 1 isn't as debilitating to my depth as it would normally be.

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck and good fun to all who made the playoffs.

My 0-16-2 week all but ensured I was knocked out of my 8th place spot, but since it happened against the number one team, Foil, and by good margins per category, I doubt I would have made much of a Round 1 match up for him.

Doc, you get the honors. :bigteeth: 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Doc, you get the honors. :bigteeth: 

Yeah I saw that ....like a pig being led to slaughter.

@yave1964 is drawing and quartering me up as we speak ....

image.jpeg.59d7459eee082dd51d5dcf3a3ad0a309.jpeg

I'm about to become the sacrificial animal in the 1st round! LOL

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Yeah I saw that ....like a pig being led to slaughter.

@yave1964 is drawing and quartering me up as we speak ....

image.jpeg.59d7459eee082dd51d5dcf3a3ad0a309.jpeg

I'm about to become the sacrificial animal in the 1st round! LOL

Your team actually makes me a bit nervous, you always play me hard. Not taking anything for granted, I know i have won this league four years running and six of the past seven but the one that i lost was so damn painful, I ran away and hid from the league, lots like this year and @J0e Th0rntonwent and ruined everything by beating the hell out of me in the first round. I have been setting up for this week for about the past two weeks but anything can happen. 

@TropicalFruitGirl26 I thought for sure that we were going to be duking it out in the first round, honestly, i had by far the best week of the year this week, it was impossible for you yo do much with it when my team is clicking like that. You really had a good year until the past several weeks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Math said:

Well, I didn't expect to sneak in but here we go.

@J0e Th0rnton Thanks, let's get it on and have some fun in this East Canada series !  :beer:

Sneak in????? Honestly over the last half of the season you are probably the hottest team in the league. Ever since you put a bandaid on the goaltending it saved your season.

• Like 1

Your team actually makes me a bit nervous, you always play me hard. Not taking anything for granted,

Well I hope I give you a run for your money. Most of my peripherals are very close to you.

Should be a fun week…..

• Like 1

Sneak in????? Honestly over the last half of the season you are probably the hottest team in the league. Ever since you put a bandaid on the goaltending it saved your season.

I admit that my win against you initiated a winning streak that helped me looking towards the top of the standings. But as an unexperienced expansion team my initial objective was just to be around .500 and try to do my best. Going in the playoffs with 16 teams wasn't listed as a target per se.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Math said:

I admit that my win against you initiated a winning streak that helped me looking towards the top of the standings. But as an unexperienced expansion team my initial objective was just to be around .500 and try to do my best. Going in the playoffs with 16 teams wasn't listed as a target per se.

I'm cheering for you from the cheap seats.

• Like 3

@yave1964

Congrats .... I told you you had nothing to worry about.  I barely squeaked in the playoffs.  

You getting 8 goalie starts was the difference.  I am shocked I beat you in FOW and almost got you in Hits.  SOG / Hits you destroyed me.

Anyway ...good luck.

~doc

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

@yave1964

Congrats .... I told you you had nothing to worry about.  I barely squeaked in the playoffs.  

You getting 8 goalie starts was the difference.  I am shocked I beat you in FOW and almost got you in Hits.  SOG / Hits you destroyed me.

Anyway ...good luck.

~doc

I streamed a couple of goalies to gaurantee a few stat cats, thank you for the kind words, it was really one of those weeks where it coulda legit went either way with a few breaks...

@Hale looking forward to what i am certain will be a tough matchup. Good luck this week!!

• Like 1

@J0e Th0rnton

Congratulations for your win! I knew I was in deep trouble once Samsonov pooped in my hands before being sidelined. I tried the Sunday Hail Mary but everything blew in my face lol. But your team was too strong anyway. Good success for the following.

PS: What? There's a consolation bracket? Gotta grab the toolbox again...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Math said:

@J0e Th0rnton

Congratulations for your win! I knew I was in deep trouble once Samsonov pooped in my hands before being sidelined. I tried the Sunday Hail Mary but everything blew in my face lol. But your team was too strong anyway. Good success for the following.

PS: What? There's a consolation bracket? Gotta grab the toolbox again...

Thanks man. I was sweating bullets when i woke up Saturday and the score had flipped 7-8. It was closer than the final score indicated and you did pretty amazing for your first year ever given this shark pool!

Good luck @bbgarnett in the 2nd round. This will be a firefight for sure

Last night I was leading Dumba in all stars, 12-5, benched Saros to preserve my 2.01 GAA and 94.1%sv satisfied and turned around and looked before I went to bed. He picked up Lyon and he pitched a shutout and then Verheage and Pasternak both had 4 and 3 goals. Next thing you know I am losing 8-9.....It was 10:45pm when i went to bed and the Sharks Arizona game was starting and he had also picked up Prosvetov vs the Sharks. I kept watching and refreshing to see if he was awake and realizing he could bench Prosvetov and win easily. I crossed my fingers when I saw he did not bench the Arizona goalie and then fell into a fitful sleep. Woke up and the Sharks had won 7-2 and he let in all 7, no empty netters.

Today im in a bind, winning 10-6, but barely as he only need 3 assists, 1 PPG, 1 PPA or a goalie win to flip. Our goalie cats are tied 2 wins, 2 losses each. Im winning GAA and SV% but he is winning saves by 16 and SO. He has Kuemper, I have hellebuyck. I doubt I can catch him in saves unless Hellebuyck makes a 50 save performance....vs New jersey. If he flips 2 categories, im toast. tie goes to Dumba since he has a better regular season record vs me. on the bright side, Kuemper plays at 2pm, Hellebuyck at 8pm, so I get to at least see if I need to roll him.

• Like 1