Minnesota Wild In-Season Thread 2022-23

I don’t know if Reeves is that out of shape or just that old and slow but he wasn’t great. 
Hopefully they put him on the 4th line with Dewar and Shaw and have Kaprizov double shift with them on occasion in Reeves’ spot. 
It would be interesting to see if Dewar and Shaw’s games increased with that much talent running with them. 

1 minute ago, Tomdog said:

I don’t know if Reeves is that out of shape or just that old and slow but he wasn’t great. 

That right there.
The guy is still a serviceable 4th liner and pugilist.....but really, that's it.

A guy like Deslauriers is MUCH more preferrable in the same role.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

You know who wouldn't be a bad get for the Wild, if they are wanting someone who is physical, can skate, and can chip in some scoring...Nick Ritchie in Arizona.

Yotes always seem to be 'open for business', Ritchie is a pending UFA, his cap hit is only 2.5M (just 750K more than Bully Reaves here), is still just 26, and can probably fit in to more than just a 4th line role with a team like Minnesota.
Might even be able to play up a bit if needed.

Former 1st rounder who never lived up to that billing, but has shown in flashes, that he is capable offensively if paired with the right linemates.
May even be able to re-sign him to a reasonable show me contract if he finds chemistry with some Wild players as Ritchie himself knows he hasn't quite found a home anywhere yet.

Reaves and the Un-Johnny Gaudreau coming off the books after the season, don't see why Ritchie couldn't be kept if his rental status works out.

• 2 weeks later...

An interesting info according to Michael Russo. Brett Hull was taken off, because he was not a US-born, but he was a US citizen.

@RussoHockey

·

Dec 5

#isles vet Zach Parise is now tied for 9th among all US-born goal scorers with Tony Amonte. 13 behind #mnwild GM Bill Guerin for 8th.

11 hours ago, Icechipper said:

SBNation speculating, maybe daydreaming, as to how Bill Guerin can bring former UND star right winger home to Minnesota.

Here is an article from hockeywilderness.com regarding this dream. It sounds intriguing:

https://www.hockeywilderness.com/2022/12/5/23494122/brock-boeser-nhl-trade-rumors-minnesota-wild-hockey

The biggest thing I hate about Hockey Wildernesses take on a Boeser trade to the Wild is that the first thing they mention is not that he's a great goal scorer, he's a great skater, he's young, etc.

It's that he's from Minnesota. 🙄

12 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

I hope he’s ready. I have seen so many players play after a shoulder injury and end up taking a full season to really get back to normal. 

Agree.
I'd love nothing more than to see Hartman back in the lineup doing his thing, but not at the expense of rushing him and causing further delay and/or harm down the road.

Hoping the medical staff has done their due diligence

According to Joe Smith

@JoeSmithNHL

9h

Ryan Hartman with Freddy Gaudreau and Matt Boldy as expected. Walker out (reassigned to Iowa). Rest of lines the same #mnwild.

Cam Talbot starting for #Sens in Detroit today so he won’t be facing #mnwild Sunday in return. Believe Gustavsson will be in net vs Ottawa.

SAINT PAUL, Minn. - Minnesota Wild General Manager Bill Guerin today announced the National Hockey League (NHL) club has recalled forward Steven Fogarty from the Iowa Wild of the American Hockey League (AHL).

Fogarty, 29 (4/19/93), has recorded 21 points (9-12=21), 22 penalty minutes (PIM), a plus-6 rating and three power-play goals in 25 games with Iowa this season. He ranks second on Iowa in scoring and goals and third in assists. Fogarty has also skated in two games with Minnesota this season (Nov. 1 and Nov. 3). The 6-foot-3, 203-pound native of Chambersburg, Penn., has tallied three points (1-2=3) and 12 PIM in 31 career NHL games with the New York Rangers (2017-20), Buffalo Sabres (2020-21), Boston Bruins (2021-22) and the Wild (2022-23). He appeared in one Stanley Cup Playoff game with the Rangers in 2019-20.

Fogarty has notched 203 points (78-125=203) and 189 PIM in 355 career AHL games with Hartford (2015-20), Rochester (2020-21), Providence (2021-22) and Iowa (2022-23). He was selected by the Rangers in the third round (72nd overall) of the 2011 NHL Draft.&

The Wild signed Fogarty to a two-year, two-way contract on July 13, 2022. He wears sweater No. 28 with Minnesota.

https://www.nhl.com/wild/news/wild-recalls-fogarty-122022/c-338984308?fbclid=IwAR2XtyeM7UPyYSMnExBy9OMk4-8gsQodJjhZLSbSRxCD3yRGT840IbKu3Qo&mibextid=Zxz2cZ

1 hour ago, Jimtown guy said:

I’m thinking someone must be hurt 

Or physically or mentally to find the spot for him.  3 points (1 goal and 2 assists) in 31 games with 4 NHL teams kind of not a lot for 29 y.o. player during his career. His nice stats with 4 AHL teams (203 points(78;125) in  355 games) leaning more towards a conclusion that he is more an AHL-er player. But NHL and AHL are different levels of game. Maybe he will step up some day? Time will show.