New Series: Torts Doghouse

Samifan

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

Gonna miss the next few games because I will be on vacation and disconnected from all devices. 

I look coward the checking in on Torts Doghouse upon my return. 

Lucky you!!

Enjoy your vacation!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

People who watched a ton of Hayes' Rangers games tried to warn people here.

This is such a silly statement. It's not like any of us could do anything about it. We (fans) didn't make the trade and we weren't consulted beforehand 

I guess you should be commended, assuming you vocally expressed your displeasure at the the time. Good for you. You weren't duped into thinking Hayes would be a good addition. And to all of us who rooted for him to play good, we should have xmas cancelled!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mkscrewy said:

add frost to the list.

I am good with anyone he puts in there.

The only way it works is to hold everyone accountable.

Torts said he was going to do this. All he required is for them to play well away from the puck and do the little things within the system to get the team to the win column....which he has done they are sitting #1 in the East.

In fact makes me wonder what he may have been able to do if he would have been here when Jake and Giroux needed this treatment but never got it??

We'll never know but maybe it would have fixed some of their issues and they could still be in Philly.

Like i said we will never know. But it is exactly what i have been wanting a coach with a system and a structure for the team to work within to get the wins to stack up against good teams. We are seeing that and we are seeing Hart playing well with it in front of him.

And that is with the Keystone Kop moments still in there too. Hart just had a career high in saves i don't think that is coincidence.

But well wait for the Know it everythings to tell us if this is valid and that doom is over the horizon and we are blinded by the propaganda lol. 

:DancingGrape:

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

17 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

i'm fine with it too. He should probably stay there, though I'm somewhat interested to see if Torts can get him to be the player he was supposed to be... but I sure haven't seen it yet.

I am assuming you are talking about Frost. And i agree his time in Philly maybe running out. He could be shown a new address by the trade deadline if Torts signs off on it.

He will be 24 before the year is over and the front office may be tired of waiting. I won't try to guess what happens either way.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Weird. I thought his coach sucked.

I know how on God's green erf is he over coming this subpar coaching???

Enquiring minds want to know - it flies in the face of what all us lemmings have been told. 

Surely the smartest guy here will let us know wear we went wrong.

We just need to wait on guidance my friend - i'm hoping he will tell me how to tie my shoes to with the advice as well otherwise it will be flip flops to the office.

:beer:

:Eagles:

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I know how on God's green erf is he over coming this subpar coaching???

Enquiring minds want to know - it flies in the face of what all us lemmings have been told. 

Surely the smartest guy here will let us know wear we went wrong.

We just need to wait on guidance my friend - i'm hoping he will tell me how to tie my shoes to with the advice as well otherwise it will be flip flops to the office.

:beer:

:Eagles:

You guys don't get it. If he would stop letting in those soft goals he could be 1.000 SV%. He's no good.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:
39 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

You guys don't get it. If he would stop letting in those soft goals he could be 1.000 SV%. He's no good.

Trade him now while his value is highest that bum!!!!!

• Haha 1

Just now, Podein25 said:

Like he even had to tell them, it's pretty much what he's known for. I think it can work, for awhile, until the players all just say **** it and quit on him and he loses the room and we hire an new coach.

as opposed to shipping out players who can't get on board

wash, rinse, repeat

4 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Like he even had to tell them, it's pretty much what he's known for. I think it can work, for awhile, until the players all just say **** it and quit on him and he loses the room and we hire an new coach.

I agree it can only keep them afloat for while - they need guys who can hit the net and make the other team pay.

Oh and some guys who can win a faceoff man they miss Coots here.

54 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Oh and some guys who can win a faceoff man they miss Coots here.

Agreed.  And Giroux.   I'm not advocating for Giroux to come back or anything, but the two combined we really a good FO tandem.

• Like 2

On 10/27/2022 at 10:50 PM, mkscrewy said:

add frost to the list.

Yep young Morgan Frost has received shots over the bow.

A scratch tonight.

I think Morgan get a new address by the trade deadline.

When you get scratched and the new guy Bellows is in well that is not a good sign.

I feel his days in Philly are numbered.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I feel his days in Philly are numbered.

Probably, going by the history of the Flyers' impatience with young players. I'm impatient with Frost; frankly he looks more lost and out of place this year than he did last year. But he missed an entire season not too long ago and has only played ~85 NHL games, so I hope Tortorella and the Flyers give him at least this season to figure it out.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Probably, going by the history of the Flyers' impatience with young players. I'm impatient with Frost; frankly he looks more lost and out of place this year than he did last year. But he missed an entire season not too long ago and has only played ~85 NHL games, so I hope Tortorella and the Flyers give him at least this season to figure it out.

Well Torts is a results based coach.

Frost is supposed to be a scorer and he isn't scoring so well the dog house he goes.

I don't always agree with this guy but he is on to something here.

Frost may be in a tough position. He's only played a season's worth of NHL games but he's been in the org for 6 years. So fair or unfair the "optics" probably look like it's now or never - time to sink or swim. The good news for Frost (and a handful of other guys too) is it's a perfect year to evaluate young players. At least it should be. There's been a lot of talk about "it'll take time" and "it's a work in progress." Is that just PR noise or do they mean it? If they're being honest with us then we should see Frost in the lineup tomorrow night.

Edited by GratefulFlyers

On 10/28/2022 at 11:33 AM, OccamsRazor said:

I am good with anyone he puts in there.

The only way it works is to hold everyone accountable.

Torts said he was going to do this. All he required is for them to play well away from the puck and do the little things within the system to get the team to the win column....which he has done they are sitting #1 in the East.

In fact makes me wonder what he may have been able to do if he would have been here when Jake and Giroux needed this treatment but never got it??

We'll never know but maybe it would have fixed some of their issues and they could still be in Philly.

Like i said we will never know. But it is exactly what i have been wanting a coach with a system and a structure for the team to work within to get the wins to stack up against good teams. We are seeing that and we are seeing Hart playing well with it in front of him.

And that is with the Keystone Kop moments still in there too. Hart just had a career high in saves i don't think that is coincidence.

But well wait for the Know it everythings to tell us if this is valid and that doom is over the horizon and we are blinded by the propaganda lol. 

:DancingGrape:

Then when does Ristolainen end up there? How about Noah Cates? It's garbage that Frost is there when his advanced numbers are significantly better than Cates.

I had high hopes for Tortorella, but it looks like he's nothing more than an angry Dave Hakstol. 

34 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Then when does Ristolainen end up there? How about Noah Cates? It's garbage that Frost is there when his advanced numbers are significantly better than Cates.

I had high hopes for Tortorella, but it looks like he's nothing more than an angry Dave Hakstol. 

You'll have to ask the coach.