New Series: Torts Doghouse

Samifan

14 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Then when does Ristolainen end up there? How about Noah Cates? It's garbage that Frost is there when his advanced numbers are significantly better than Cates.

I had high hopes for Tortorella, but it looks like he's nothing more than an angry Dave Hakstol. 

You should buy a HD TV, you aren't seeing a clear picture

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

You should buy a HD TV, you aren't seeing a clear picture

I have a 4k uhdtv led 240Mhz TV. I'm calling out the ********. If you're gong to hold people accountable, then you have to hold EVERYONE accountable. Ristolainen has been ****** awful this year (and last year and the year before and the year before and so on), but he remains because he plays with 'grit'. This franchise is so far behind the 8 ball with the rest of the teams in the NHL in terms of play. They're stuck in the dead puck era and everyone else is playing a high tempo/ high pressure system. There a reason that they get crushed every night metrics wise and if it weren't for Carter Hart, they'd be the worst team in the league, hands down. 

Ristolainen is just back from injury. He's only played what 2 games? Or 3? Anyway I agree he's never been a good defenseman and he won't be any better in another month. But thanks to Fletcher and his bosses we're stuck with him. If Tortorella is unhappy with him - and I assume he will be - maybe at the TD Fletcher can bribe some team to take him off our hands. Shouldn't cost more than retaining 1/2 his salary, a couple 2R picks + Bobby Brink.

Anyway I don't knock Tortorella for playing him but I do knock him for putting him with Sanheim. I don't get it. The few times I get a Flyers' feed whenever anyone mentions those 2 it's always "what a solid pair." I hope they don't believe their own bllsht - for their sake.

Sanheim was already playing like crap this year. Now that he's back with Ristolainen I don't expect his game will improve much, if at all.

22 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I have a 4k uhdtv led 240Mhz TV. I'm calling out the ********. If you're gong to hold people accountable, then you have to hold EVERYONE accountable. Ristolainen has been ****** awful this year (and last year and the year before and the year before and so on), but he remains because he plays with 'grit'. This franchise is so far behind the 8 ball with the rest of the teams in the NHL in terms of play. They're stuck in the dead puck era and everyone else is playing a high tempo/ high pressure system. There a reason that they get crushed every night metrics wise and if it weren't for Carter Hart, they'd be the worst team in the league, hands down. 

Give it some time. I dint think there is a player on that roster who is safe from Torts' wrath. There is alot of season to go

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

I love to resign terrible defensemen for 5 years then bench them after they play 2 games.  It’s like the cap went down this year for the Flyers while every other team had an increase.

It's a message. Torts is simply saying he is the boss, he is true to his word, and it doesn't matter who you or what your contract is. do your job properly or you will sit if he has another decent body to stick in your place. 

That's the one problem he has to navigate though. Not a lot of depth, so hard to sit everybody who deserves to sit sometimes. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

7 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

That's the one problem he has to navigate though. Not a lot of depth, so hard to sit everybody who deserves to sit sometimes. 

Very delicate way of saying, they're ******. 

well done.

Randy Savage Yes GIF by WWE

• Like 3

23 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

I love to resign terrible defensemen for 5 years then bench them after they play 2 games.  It’s like the cap went down this year for the Flyers while every other team had an increase.

way to restate the obvious

woukd you prefer they play him, knowing how much he sucks?

5 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Very delicate way of saying, they're ******. 

well done.

Randy Savage Yes GIF by WWE

Oh there's no question they are **** . We all knew this going in. Star players gone, injured forever, big salary duds on the roster, generally poor drafting. It's a weak roster for sure. But how many times can we keep bitching about that? It is what it is.

I prefer to look at the Torts era as the bottom starting point and we rebuild using his template from this bottom. When you start there, you can be a lot happier as this team is already doing better than expected. As long as that keeps improving I am happy. But it will take time and there will be down spots. 

5 hours ago, CoachX said:

way to restate the obvious

woukd you prefer they play him, knowing how much he sucks?

Well if you can't trade him (which you likely can't with his contract) I still say turn him into a winger and stick him in front of the net on the PP. It'll work. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

Well if you can't trade him (which you likely can't with his contract) I still say turn him into a winger and stick him in front of the net on the PP. It'll work. 

Just give him one of those injuries they always have in stock, that will end his playing days. It wont help the team and you dont get a financial break, but he can just disappear like Ryan Ellis

46 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Sitting Ristolainen was a pretty ballsy move, not many coaches would've done it especially so early in the season.

I'm glad somebody asked him if he thought Ristolainen was still dealing with his injury. His answer: "Nope." Can't say it more plainly than that.

Yep already my favorite coach since Lavy. Torts is doing what i was hoping he would do.

Help come blow the team up and show Risto and Hayes the door eventually. So far so good.

Next thing to do is to get York back in the lineup. Don't care who is out in his place.

Provy/TDA

Sanheim/Braun

York/Zamula

Seeler

Till Attard is ready.

42 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Help come blow the team up and show Risto and Hayes the door eventually.

Hayes has a 12-team NTC list.

Ristolainen has the fact that the only GM who wanted him at this number is the guy who signed him to it.

So, really, the only thing standing in the way is the guy who signed both of them in the first place. I'm sure he'll figure it out.

Well, and that they don't have a 2nd rounder until 2025.

:thumbsu:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, radoran said:

Hayes has a 12-team NTC list.

Call his cousins team and see if they want him at half off.

3 minutes ago, radoran said:

Ristolainen has the fact that the only GM who wanted him at this number is the guy who signed him to it.

I'd pick up half his salary too to ship his ass out of town. Then just fire Chuck at seasons end.

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'd pick up half his salary too to ship his ass out of town. Then just fire Chuck at seasons end.

"So you want us to hire you as GM. What were your primary accomplishments in your previous position?"

"Traded for $6.25M on LTIR, $7.75M on an injured extension, $5.875M in a trade for a guy who for some reason can't play but isn't on IR, a starting lineup with three waiver wire claims, a $750K waiver wire claim on LTIR, the worst season in franchise history, traded the longest serving captain for a low first rounder, wouldn't retain salary to sign a locally-grown superstar, and then, on the way out the door, retained $6M in dead cap space for three seasons getting rid of my two signature signings."

Blinking The Office GIF

24 minutes ago, radoran said:

"So you want us to hire you as GM. What were your primary accomplishments in your previous position?"

"Traded for $6.25M on LTIR, $7.75M on an injured extension, $5.875M in a trade for a guy who for some reason can't play but isn't on IR, a starting lineup with three waiver wire claims, a $750K waiver wire claim on LTIR, the worst season in franchise history, traded the longest serving captain for a low first rounder, wouldn't retain salary to sign a locally-grown superstar, and then, on the way out the door, retained $6M in dead cap space for three seasons getting rid of my two signature signings."

Blinking The Office GIF

I don't want to hear about the labor pains.

I just want to see the f-u-c-k-i-n-g baby!!!

:beer:

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup