Jet-lagged

Guest Canadian Sabres

So ends a marvellous road trip at the hands of the Winnipeg Jets 3-1.

Corey Tropp (Count Troppula, or whatever nickname you can throw down) added some drama to the game scoring with 34 seconds left in the 1st period but a breakaway by Wheeler and a nifty toe drag by Thorburn sealed the game in the 3rd.

As much of anything the Sabres just ran out of gas on this roadie 3-1-0 thatsa good, even though they failed to leap into the playoffs but there is more games left to be played and we still have a GIH on the Jets .

Sabres will be recharged and raring to go (hopefully) when they return to the F'N Center to host those lowly Hurricanes at 7pm Wednesday night.

There isnt much else to say the game was fairly lopsided as the Sabres had turnover after turnover after turnover and the Jets just made them pay dearly.

With a crowd like the MTS Center and the team generating rush after rush after rush getting the crowd more jacked up your bound to pounce on a tanked Sabres team after a long roadie spanning quite a few time zones.

GO BUFFALO!

@Canadian Sabres

You can certainly blame 4 games in 6 nights as a reason for fatigue, but I would not use Jet lag as an excuse. The Sabres had three days off after the Rangers game to travel to Anaheim. Plenty of time to acclimate. Anaheim to San Jose is a puddle jump. San Jose to Vancouver is a couple of hours. Vancuver to Winnipeg is a couple of hours.

Just saying.....

nifty toe drag by Thorburn

There's a phrase you don't hear too often! I watched the game. Jets were on their game. If they played on the road with half as much intensity as they do at home they'd be in 1st in their division by a country mile. I thought their PK was great and they made the Sabres pay for neutral zone turnovers, as you say.

Still, you gotta be happy with that road trip and Miller's game.

Nobody is going to win every night. .They have to stick to Lindy's plan and win four out of every five. Well they just did that agaiin Now they have to beat Carolina. I am sure Boston will be in a foul mood as we have beaten them two straight now but it won't matter because we can beat them again. Lindy will be on Vanek big time now. He is going to call him out after that turnover. I know Lindy and he is not going to be happy with Vanek and even Pommenville. We will bounce back. I guess we have to cheer for Ottawa tonight as much as I hate them. We could set our sights on catching them but its an easier task to try and beat out Tampa and Washington and Winnipeg.

@Canadian Sabres

Totally my bad then. I did not get the pun "jet lagged". Yet, you did claim that the travel had a bit to do with the loss. No worries. 3-1 on that trip against those teams is EXCELLENT. Its a bummer that it will be too late.

Truthfully, I am bummed. This is perhaps the first year that the team had an owner that was willing to spend. I saw the signings and just shook my head. At the end of the day, the #1 for Gaustad will make up a bit for Leino.

For my druthers, I will ALWAYS root for Buffalo over Toronto! :-)

I would not write the Sabres off over one game in Winnipeg. Look at the standings. They have as good a shot as any of the lower seeds and are better than all of them on paper. The teams we are fighting I say will self destruct. We win at an 80 percent clip we make it. then bring on the Rangers.