Who said Lindy Ruff was finished?

Buffalo Rick

I have to be honest, I am SHOCKED by how well the Devils have played.  They had a shaky lapse there but they snapped out and then some. . Ruff has proved what a good coach he is once again.  I mean, this team is not loaded with talent yet they are winning including a 7-1 rout of the underachieving Blue Jackets.  I really have no clue how good they are?  The Sabres will see them eventually and then I will see for myself.  But never discount the ability of Ruff to motivate a team

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Line up you Turkeys that said Ruff can't coach!!!!!   Turkey's!!!!!!!🦃   11 in a row and counting!!!!!!!  Ruff for coach of the year.  Sabres should have kept hiM forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Him and Ryan Miller. Am I right HJ?

🎣

Edited by Samifan

11 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I'm just picturing a mummified Miller sitting in goal making a blocker save! 😄

They are retiring his number in Buffalo.  Not sure when.  They might be retiring Granato soon?  Who knows.  Not sure if you saw the play, but the Leafs were given that third goal.  A breakaway, Sabres PP, and Tuch and Leafs player and goalie all collided.  The ref awarded a goal .  I think it was a bad call.  Lindy Ruff is working miracles.  Maybe they have talent, but did you ever see this coming?  I did not

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

They are retiring his number in Buffalo.  Not sure when.  They might be retiring Granato soon?  Who knows.  Not sure if you saw the play, but the Leafs were given that third goal.  A breakaway, Sabres PP, and Tuch and Leafs player and goalie all collided.  The ref awarded a goal .  I think it was a bad call.  Lindy Ruff is working miracles.  Maybe they have talent, but did you ever see this coming?  I did not

I'm all for giving Lindy Ruff credit. I'm one of those people that has always said that teams need stability.
Stability in the front office, stability with linemates, and yes, stability behind the bench....especially with a good coach like Ruff. A player's coach.

But let's not gloss over the fact that as good as Ruff has been for the Devils' stability, the talent Ruff has to work with in NJ is pretty incredible. It was only a matter of time before all that talent started gelling and working well as a professional unit.
Defense and goaltending had been a huge void in New Jersey, and that now is working well, which obviously allows the forward units to build leads....and KEEP them.

So yea, let's give Ruff credit for getting that talent working as one, but let's also give credit to the players for executing, taking advantage of the situations Coach puts them in to succeed, and growing into true NHL'ers finally........and making Ruff look even BETTER.

As for "seeing this coming", some of us thought NJ would be competitive. I don't think anyone saw them running roughshod in the standings like they are, but competitive? Yes....as long as certain defensive conditions were met, and they have been.
But before anyone starts crowning the Devils as Stanley Cup favorites, let's also remember the season is very early still......streaks, both good and bad, will happen for teams, and we will see how the Devils stand up to the grind of maintaining their lofty position.

With the Hurricanes, Islanders, Rangers and even the grizzled Capitals and Penguins in the same division, I don't imagine NJ will be cruising through the season simply "waiting" for the playoffs.
Ruff will have his work cut out for him when his team faces adversity....THEN we will see how Ruff's magic really works, because right now, I'd say there isn't a bunch Ruff needs to do other than to continue to properly manage the considerable talent on the roster he has in front of him.

2 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I'm all for giving Lindy Ruff credit. I'm one of those people that has always said that teams need stability.
Stability in the front office, stability with linemates, and yes, stability behind the bench....especially with a good coach like Ruff. A player's coach.

But let's not gloss over the fact that as good as Ruff has been for the Devils' stability, the talent Ruff has to work with in NJ is pretty incredible. It was only a matter of time before all that talent started gelling and working well as a professional unit.
Defense and goaltending had been a huge void in New Jersey, and that now is working well, which obviously allows the forward units to build leads....and KEEP them.

So yea, let's give Ruff credit for getting that talent working as one, but let's also give credit to the players for executing, taking advantage of the situations Coach puts them in to succeed, and growing into true NHL'ers finally........and making Ruff look even BETTER.

As for "seeing this coming", some of us thought NJ would be competitive. I don't think anyone saw them running roughshod in the standings like they are, but competitive? Yes....as long as certain defensive conditions were met, and they have been.
But before anyone starts crowning the Devils as Stanley Cup favorites, let's also remember the season is very early still......streaks, both good and bad, will happen for teams, and we will see how the Devils stand up to the grind of maintaining their lofty position.

With the Hurricanes, Islanders, Rangers and even the grizzled Capitals and Penguins in the same division, I don't imagine NJ will be cruising through the season simply "waiting" for the playoffs.
Ruff will have his work cut out for him when his team faces adversity....THEN we will see how Ruff's magic really works, because right now, I'd say there isn't a bunch Ruff needs to do other than to continue to properly manage the considerable talent on the roster he has in front of him.

I’ll tell you I wish we still had him. Not sure if Granato gets fired this week.  One guy I am not high on and would trade is Cozens