Kronwall hit on Voracek

Guest bryanc

Clear shot to the head on a player in a defenseless position. If he doesn't get suspended, it's a travesty.

I'm all for good hits and I like the way Kronwall plays. I know Voracek was looking down. But the hit was direct to the head, no doubt.

How the hell was it not a penalty?

Clean hit, Kronwall moved in but Voracek was admiring how pretty the puck looked on his stick instead of paying attention. Hope he okay but it was his own fault. Now the one the other day on Brierre was a cheap shot but this was clean and much more Voraceks fault than Kronners.

Clean hit, Kronwall moved in but Voracek was admiring how pretty the puck looked on his stick instead of paying attention. Hope he okay but it was his own fault. Now the one the other day on Brierre was a cheap shot but this was clean and much more Voraceks fault than Kronners.

Sorry the principal point of contact was the head. Period. Them's the rules now.

As someone else mentioned, the head was the first thing that was hit. It was anything BUT clean, even if the player who was hit bears some responsibility for not keeping his head up.

Kronwall makes that type of hit a lot. He had one a couple of months ago on Kessler that was much the same thing. He'll show like he's backing off at the line, then step up and whack the player. Most of the time it's a good hit, but this time, it's gotta cost him some games.

Clear shot to the head on a player in a defenseless position. If he doesn't get suspended, it's a travesty.

I'm all for good hits and I like the way Kronwall plays. I know Voracek was looking down. But the hit was direct to the head, no doubt.

It also appears that Kronwall lunged and left his feet a little bit so that his shoulder would make contact with the head. Voracek should not have been skating with his head down in that position but it should have been a penalty and should earn a short suspension. Maybe 2 games if there is any justic at all. If Voracek were Crosby it would have been a penalty, a match penalty, and a lengthy suspension.

@bryanc

It was dirty and malicious and he not only targeted the head, but hit it dead on. Clear intent to injure a defenseless player. He gets off scott free. I bet its the hit of the week on TSN. The NHL is ********.

He won't get suspended.

Say what you want, but this is the new NHL with a new standard for what is dirty and what is not. That his falls under an intent to injure a defenseless player and they call that **** now. The problem is the don't call it for certain players. This ****** act is getting old. Guys like Kronwall, Cooke, and Lucic are the usual suspects who are allowed to get away with it and other guys are targeted by the league, branded a dirty scumbag, suspended, and tagged for the rest of their careers. Why is it not consistent?

The NHL is NOT serious about removing concussions from the game. If they were they would punish based on the incident and not based on who committed it.

I don't care what Tocchet says, in this NHL that Kronwall hit is illegal.

As someone else mentioned, the head was the first thing that was hit. It was anything BUT clean, even if the player who was hit bears some responsibility for not keeping his head up.

Kronwall makes that type of hit a lot. He had one a couple of months ago on Kessler that was much the same thing. He'll show like he's backing off at the line, then step up and whack the player. Most of the time it's a good hit, but this time, it's gotta cost him some games.

"He'll show like he's backing off at the line, then step up and whack the player" That a cheap no balls play buy Kronwall. Always repesected his hitting game. Always good clean hits but tonight was just horrible. To fake lthat your going for the puck and not the body and then lunge at the guy because he thinks your not going to plow him is ****** ****. Yes Jake should always keep his head up hit or no hit coming but still was a cheap move by Kronwall.

@bryanc

It was dirty and malicious and he not only targeted the head, but hit it dead on. Clear intent to injure a defenseless player. He gets off scott free. I bet its the hit of the week on TSN. The NHL is ********.

He won't get suspended.

Say what you want, but this is the new NHL with a new standard for what is dirty and what is not. That his falls under an intent to injure a defenseless player and they call that **** now. The problem is the don't call it for certain players. This ****** act is getting old. Guys like Kronwall, Cooke, and Lucic are the usual suspects who are allowed to get away with it and other guys are targeted by the league, branded a dirty scumbag, suspended, and tagged for the rest of their careers. Why is it not consistent?

The NHL is NOT serious about removing concussions from the game. If they were they would punish based on the incident and not based on who committed it.

I don't care what Tocchet says, in this NHL that Kronwall hit is illegal.

Tocchet is slightly retarded.

Shot directly to the head.

He ought to be suspended. And I'd be saying the exact same thing if that was a hit by a Flyers player.

That was a very dangerous hit. Kronwall has no respect for the game or the life/career of hs fellowv players.

I think his head was down b/c it was such a long shift. If you watch you will see he had no gas at all. Unfortunate. I hope he is ok. He has been a great addition to the team.

I will be amazed if he does not have a very serious concussion. That was scary.

I just watched the replay again, I don't think he left his feet.

Yeah me neither, hard to really tell though. That's the thing with Kronwall though is he has had plenty of hits that were far more egregious than this hit, that went completely un punished. There are certain teams in this league where it seems you have a free pass to do whatever the hell you want.

I think it was a clean hit within the rules.

"48.1 Illegal Check to the Head – A hit resulting in contact with an opponent's head where the head is targeted and the principal point of contact is not permitted. However, in determining whether such a hit should have been permitted, the circumstances of the hit, including whether the opponent put himself in a vulnerable position immediately prior to or simultaneously with the hit or the head contact on an otherwise legal body check was avoidable, can be considered."

Contact with the head? Yep. Principal point of contact? Yep. Head targeted? Difficult to determine intent, but one thing for sure is that Voracek did not have a sudden movement to before contact.

Old NHL, it's legal. New NHL? Nope.

• Like 2

"48.1 Illegal Check to the Head – A hit resulting in contact with an opponent's head where the head is targeted and the principal point of contact is not permitted. However, in determining whether such a hit should have been permitted, the circumstances of the hit, including whether the opponent put himself in a vulnerable position immediately prior to or simultaneously with the hit or the head contact on an otherwise legal body check was avoidable, can be considered."

Contact with the head? Yep. Principal point of contact? Yep. Head targeted? Difficult to determine intent, but one thing for sure is that Voracek did not have a sudden movement to before contact.

Old NHL, it's legal. New NHL? Nope.

Voracek was looking down that's why he got his head.

A hit resulting in contact with an opponent's head where the head is targeted and the principal point of contact is not permitted.

Voracek's head was down. Kronwall saw it and targeted the head and subsequently mae direct contact with the head intentionally. It was blatant, it was dirty, it will go unpunished.

The NHL is not serious about preventing concussions. They want to appear serious about it. There is a double standard in the NHL and its pretty plain to see.