Minnesota Wild vs Ottawa Senators, Sunday 12-18-22, 1:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

And the NHL66 feed died, so now it’s KFAN thanks to Alexa. I’m piled under blankets, as our furnace has decided to do nothing but pump out cold air. Thankfully HVAC comes tomorrow. Most likely it’s the flame detector. 

And crap. 

• Uggh... 1

After watching this game there will be hard decisions to make when Duhaime is ready. 
I don’t know how you break up Dewar and Shaw with their pk prowess. 
Billy probably won’t want to sit Reeves, and Steel has pretty much locked up his spot with the 1st line. 
The other hard decision will be can you scratch Dumba without hurting his trade ability? Can they convince him to be “injured “. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tomdog said:

Imo the sultry little thing from the coyote game was better, but to each their own. 

I'll have to check again for research and quality control. 😁
*** Too close to call. :P

Edited by ClusterChuck

17 hours ago, Tomdog said:

After watching this game there will be hard decisions to make when Duhaime is ready. 
I don’t know how you break up Dewar and Shaw with their pk prowess. 
Billy probably won’t want to sit Reeves, and Steel has pretty much locked up his spot with the 1st line. 
The other hard decision will be can you scratch Dumba without hurting his trade ability? Can they convince him to be “injured “. 

So true but I think Shaw might be the odd man out as DuHaime could fill the role in Evason's eyes.
There'll be some pressure on DuHaime to play as we're used to seeing him.
Again with Evason, Not sure if Steel is a lock on L1. He may just go back to Hartman envisioning past results. I wouldn't change things there.

On 12/19/2022 at 12:02 PM, ClusterChuck said:

So true but I think Shaw might be the odd man out as DuHaime could fill the role in Evason's eyes.
There'll be some pressure on DuHaime to play as we're used to seeing him.
Again with Evason, Not sure if Steel is a lock on L1. He may just go back to Hartman envisioning past results. I wouldn't change things there.

I would keep Steel on L1 as long as he is continuing producing there. So far he is the best alternative for this line - smart and creative. Probably, he is proud too to play in this line with 2 stars.

Interesting fact, that commentators mentioned during this game against Ottawa that Kaprizov made 200 points in 167 games and he is on a 4th place to reach this mark after Crosby; Ovechkin and Malkin among all active NHL players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alexandron said:

I would keep Steel on L1 as long as he is continuing producing there. So far he is the best alternative for this line - smart and creative. Probably, he is proud too to play in this line with 2 stars.

Interesting fact, that commentators mentioned during this game against Ottawa that Kaprizov made 200 points in 167 games and he is on a 4th place to reach this mark after Crosby; Ovechkin and Malkin among all active NHL players.

And just 1 game off from tying 3rd place.😎

• Like 1