Shane Wright returned to Juniors

Wright has looked like hot garbage with the Kraken this season, looked ordinary in the Junior tourney in spite of scoring a goal in the finals and has been returned to the OJL Kingsyon club.

4 goals and 7 points in 7 games, had a solid tourney as captain of Canada finishing 5th on his team in scoring, 15th overall in the tourney.  With seattle this year he looked lost, usually getting less than double digit minutes, in 8 games he had 1 goal and an assist.

He has talent, i have to agree this is the right move for him. His upside is a top six forward, possibly a first line regular. He is still an 18 year old kid (actually just turned 19 yesterday) Ron Francis is doing the right thing by allowing him to take a deep breath and finish out the season finding his game and confidence against kids his own age.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Wright has looked like hot garbage with the Kraken this season, looked ordinary in the Junior tourney in spite of scoring a goal in the finals and has been returned to the OJL Kingsyon club.

4 goals and 7 points in 7 games, had a solid tourney as captain of Canada finishing 5th on his team in scoring, 15th overall in the tourney.  With seattle this year he looked lost, usually getting less than double digit minutes, in 8 games he had 1 goal and an assist.

He has talent, i have to agree this is the right move for him. His upside is a top six forward, possibly a first line regular. He is still an 18 year old kid (actually just turned 19 yesterday) Ron Francis is doing the right thing by allowing him to take a deep breath and finish out the season finding his game and confidence against kids his own age.

I think "ordinary" is overstating it. He looked very good at times, in my opinion, including in last night's game. He wasn't great on faceoffs at times, which frustrated me, but he did a lot of things well, was physical all over the ice, and provided leadership (in my opnion) to a gold medal winning club. He was fine. 

• Like 1

I think it's a smart move sending Wright back to junior because he's clearly not ready for the bigs yet, and that's fine. 

But the guy was far from ordinary in the WJs. I mean he wasn't electrifying like Connor Bedard, and neither was anyone else. He played a steady all around good game, with a few ups and downs. Like any junior. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I think it's a smart move sending Wright back to junior because he's clearly not ready for the bigs yet, and that's fine. 

But the guy was far from ordinary in the WJs. I mean he wasn't electrifying like Connor Bedard, and neither was anyone else. He played a steady all around good game, with a few ups and downs. Like any junior. 

A paragraph lower I did say he played a solid tourney but as the team captain 5th in scoring on his own team was a bit of a disappointment, 15th among all scorers was not exactly a needle moving tourney either. Bedard left everyone else in his wake, wright was good but I believe even he would have to admit it was not as good as he woulda liked from a personal standpoint. I love the kid but since dropping to 4th in the draft in July not much has went well for him. Rooting for him still believe in him. Juniors should serve him well as a confidence booster.

• Like 2