The hot Flyers come in Monday. Can I get a pulse here? There seems to be a lack of interest in your team?

Buffalo Rick

This year the Flyers have shown signs of improvement.   This might be a very good game Monday night.  Both teams can score. It will be the first time I've seen the Flyers in a while.   My Sabres are knocking on the door.  Young team is coming together led by Thompson and Tuch.  Thompson is already in the all star game. Im voting for Dahlin and Tuch to get in as well. And this kid Owen Power is going to be some player. I have seen his ability to stickhandle and pass with the best of them.  His defense needs work of course. He is a rookie. This team is very young and I see a ton of promise. I am not sure how Granato will handle things when he gets some injured players back.  I would prefer they trade Jokuharu.  Hinestroza can be used.  He reallly works and is good with the puck.  5 point night for Dahlin last night.  And Olofsson had a big night with the game winner and two goals. Thompson got his 31st.  Luukenen played well.  

2 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

This year the Flyers have shown signs of improvement.   This might be a very good game Monday night.  Both teams can score. It will be the first time I've seen the Flyers in a while.   My Sabres are knocking on the door.  Young team is coming together led by Thompson and Tuch.  Thompson is already in the all star game. Im voting for Dahlin and Tuch to get in as well. And this kid Owen Power is going to be some player. I have seen his ability to stickhandle and pass with the best of them.  His defense needs work of course. He is a rookie. This team is very young and I see a ton of promise. I am not sure how Granato will handle things when he gets some injured players back.  I would prefer they trade Jokuharu.  Hinestroza can be used.  He reallly works and is good with the puck.  5 point night for Dahlin last night.  And Olofsson had a big night with the game winner and two goals. Thompson got his 31st.  Luukenen played well.  

Lack of interest is an understatement. It is painful to watch a once storied franchise implode the way the Flyers have. Maybe some day they'll be watchable, but for now it just hurts too much. I am thinking of becoming a Phillies fan, or watching paint dry 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Rick, is it now, yes as @fan4everposted there is a definite lack of interest in the Flyers Organ-Eye-Zay-Shun. The GM and people in Hockey Ops have no clue. The recent scoring streak you mentioned probably is a result of the Flyers playing teams that also suck. I am not expecting much from them Monday in Buffalo, especially because it will be the second game of a back to back. 

21 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Please tell me this is sarcasm or trolling.  Or is it utter delusion?

No doubt the Sabres can score, that's not my objection.

The Flyers are terrible and, for most of us, unwatchable.  Among those still watching regularly, only those with impaired hippocampus believe this team is actually improved.

It won't happen until current management is fired or fired upon and destroyed.

I dont think they are even close to being as bad as you say.  I see a W4 next to them. They are better than you say.  Have a giy that has 22 goals and Cam Atkinson is out as far as I know.

36 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I dont think they are even close to being as bad as you say.  I see a W4 next to them. They are better than you say.  Have a giy that has 22 goals and Cam Atkinson is out as far as I know.

They beat San Jose, Anaheim, Arizona, and LA with their backup goalie.

They just lost 6-2 to Tronno.

The Sabres should score some goals.

If they don't, worry.

:hocky:

9 minutes ago, radoran said:

They beat San Jose, Anaheim, Arizona, and LA with their backup goalie.

They just lost 6-2 to Tronno.

The Sabres should score some goals.

If they don't, worry.

:hocky:

Im not worried because I know this young Sabres team is on the rise.  This Seattle team is really a surprise.  Went into Toronto and blew them out.  Should beat hapless Canadians tonight. Now that is a bad team right now.  

12 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Wouldn't be the first time you're wrong 

I suspect just today.

No  I assure you with no doubt, they are that bad.

10 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Wouldn't be the first time you're wrong 

I suspect just today.

No  I assure you with no doubt, they are that bad.

Well they did  win in Buffalo but I believe the Sabres played this game in protest to the idiots sending Luukenen to Rochester.  sooo damn stupid.  I hate the GM Adams.  We had a winning streak going, lead the NHL in goals and this backup goalie shuts them out. But what is worse is the very low shot count.  Unlike them.  its the team protesting Luukenen.  I guarantee it.  Its a ******** move by Adams.  The kid was on fire and he is rewarded by being sent here to Rochester.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Well they did  win in Buffalo but I believe the Sabres played this game in protest to the idiots sending Luukenen to Rochester.  sooo damn stupid. 

I would much prefer Luukenen myself.   I think Adam's hands are tied since Luukenen is still waiver exempt and he probably needs either the roster spot or the cap room.   Carolina is about to face the same issue with their kid goalie.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Villella McMeans said:

Did not think Buffalo would be shutout...they were on such a roll before this game...strange...🤷🏻‍♂️

Didn't watch the game so i expect the Sabres played down to the Flyers some now being the trap game of the NHL these days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

The Flyers would only find a way to break that too…..

Presumably Risto would put a puck through the TV while attempting to execute a simple 6 foot pass to someone in the other direction.